PDA

View Full Version : correct guide 2 full guide

Omni
03-01-2016, 06:33 PM
Good afternoon everyone I have posted a couple of questions regarding this issue and have not been able to get an answer I was hoping that one of you gurus out there would guide me in the correct manner to being able to get a complete full EPG guide I am running Kodi 16 with built-in stalker client been trying to figure this out for the last week have done plenty of reading searching but I am still confused any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

dara
03-01-2016, 06:43 PM
If the instructions in the sticky aren't clear, you need to tell us what is confusing. The sticky has a great video link as well. Here is a summary of the steps you need to take:

1. Install the ********** repo from the ********** site, and install the epg updater service from the repo
2. Configure the pvr stalker as described in the sticky. You need to make sure the guide preference, the cache and length and the url scope/location for the XMLTV is correct.
3. Disable TV, clear data for the PVR, and Enable TV.
4. Profit.

Omni
03-01-2016, 08:21 PM
If the instructions in the sticky aren't clear, you need to tell us what is confusing. The sticky has a great video link as well. Here is a summary of the steps you need to take:

1. Install the ********** repo from the ********** site, and install the epg updater service from the repo
2. Configure the pvr stalker as described in the sticky. You need to make sure the guide preference, the cache and length and the url scope/location for the XMLTV is correct.
3. Disable TV, clear data for the PVR, and Enable TV.
4. Profit.
Dara thank you for the response I have follow the stickies pretty much exactly and I still get missing channels internationally I am using EPG updater 1.0.5 preferences are set to XML TV only cashe is enabled with a 12 hour setting URL is set to the number 1 I believe these are the exact instructions that I have read but I still do not get a full PBG it is missing all international channels and some English news channels Ect so what is it that I'm doing wrong to not get the full EPG? Please guide me in the right direction I have a funny feeling my mistake is maybe somewhere in the URL

dara
03-01-2016, 08:27 PM
Set for 72 hours! You really have only two options, 24 or 72, and the 24 is meant for low memory systems (only get titles, and english only). The url setting of "1" is correct, it can be anything.

Omni
03-01-2016, 08:34 PM
Set for 72 hours! You really have only two options, 24 or 72, and the 24 is meant for low memory systems (only get titles, and english only). The url setting of "1" is correct, it can be anything.
Thanks again I'm going to give that a try once I put 72 hours should I do a clear data on the guide and or should I delete any xmltv files? To start fresh?

dara
03-01-2016, 08:39 PM
Yes, you should start with a clean guide, and delete the current xmltv file in the pvr.stalker userdata folder. Otherwise you could wait until the uploader does it automatically.

Omni
03-01-2016, 10:35 PM
Yes, you should start with a clean guide, and delete the current xmltv file in the pvr.stalker userdata folder. Otherwise you could wait until the uploader does it automatically.
Dara thank you my friend for all the information I would definitely give it hey go and will report back just to let you know once again thank you for all your help it is truly truly appreciate it

Omni
03-02-2016, 02:13 PM
DarĂ¡ I forgot to give you one bit of information that might be very important under the remote URL where you have told me to place a 1 does that setting vary depending on what operating system you are using? In other words is Windows the same as Android etc? Because I am using Android in other words does the remote URL stay as a 1? I think this should be the last question I have thanks a lot man you've been a great help

dara
03-02-2016, 03:19 PM
The "1" is a dummy value so the add-on doesn't bonk in Kodi 16, it could be anything. It only matters what is in there for Kodi 15, as the cache file location is not known to the addon in that version. If you use the value in the tutorial, with "special://" in front, Kodi doesn't care if you are on Android or on a PC, as it knows where the userdata folder is with that prefix.

-
Edit... just checked the tutorial, and it might not be as clear as it could be for the "local location" for Kodi 15.

So for anyone else trying to use it, under XMLTV

Scope > Local Path

Click on local path, you should see the File Manager in Kodi
Select "Home folder", then userdata > addon_data > pvr.stalker
Select epg_xmltv.xml, and click OK on the Stalker Settings page to set the path.

If you insist on using Scope > Remote URL, type

special://home/userdata/addons_data/pvr.stalker/epg_xmltv.xml

psycon
03-02-2016, 04:07 PM
the reason i go with the "special" link is that unless the user already has hidden files and folders already showing its just more steps to do the other way.. also "home folder" only shows up on some devices, many devices you have to navigate from the root of the drive through a hidden folder.. but totally correct, either way works..
I give no love to kodi 15 really... its time to upgrade to 16 guys.

Omni
03-02-2016, 06:58 PM
DarĂ¡,Phycon Thanks for your guys help I truly appreciate it and now is well explained and well received thank you very much I learned so much with you guys its really incredible maybe this part of this thread should be stickied for people like myself that did not understand that part of the remote URL once again thank you guys very much and I truly appreciate it btw I did as was instructed but there are certain channels that still coming up blank most of them come into is this something that will update automatically with time? Once again thank you guys

TuPonle1
03-08-2016, 09:39 PM
@psycon (http://iptvtalk.net/member.php?2789-psycon), you say to upgrade to 16, but i don't know if yours is running smooth but my kodi 16 is very laggy and slow, its not buffering pic just feels like its of by 1-2 sec