PDA

View Full Version : Southbound (2015)

wickedjoker
02-29-2016, 06:19 PM
Horror / SciFi Movie 2015

Directed by: Roxanne Benjamin, David Bruckner
Actors: Chad Villella, Matt Bettinelli-Olpin, Kristina Pesic

Plot: Five interlocking tales of terror follow the fates of a group of weary travellers who confront their worst nightmares - and darkest secrets - over one long night on a desolate stretch of desert highway.

My take: Saw this yesterday and I didn't really like it. It's done by the guys who did the VHS movies so that's something good, right? No it wasn't unless you liked the VHS movies. This movie focuses on different travelers crossing a long desert highway where they meet their darkest fears. Each story was boring an left me asking why am I watching this? Every time something shocking happens at the end of one story it cuts into the next story with sometimes featuring one of the characters from the last story.That made it very confusing for me. It gives you the feel that you aren't even watching an anthology movie because you are trying to figure out that the characters aren't facing a different horror but the same horror that everyone is facing, it actually feels we are just changing from one lead to another you could say . I would stay away unless you can handle this kind of movie. Really I am still not sure what I watched hahaha good luck!

Grade: 2 out of 10 stars

Kimbo
02-29-2016, 06:29 PM
Good Review, Thank You!!

crazed 9.6
02-29-2016, 08:00 PM
yes, good review. And is about my take on the flick too.
Had to watch the whole thing.

Terrible flick, I do agree and for the same reasons .
But was kinda fun to watch, in a sense that it was a look and see the signs and references type flick.
I think the illmanatti had a big part in this flick ... lol :eek:

wickedjoker
02-29-2016, 09:28 PM
Hahaha I just remember sitting there last night half awake going why am I watching this? I guess i kept expecting it to get bettter but it just never did.

Glad to see I am not the only one that got suckered!