PDA

View Full Version : You can officially download Kodi 16, code name Jarvis, today

Kimbo
02-20-2016, 08:41 PM
You can now officially download Kodi 16 from the official Kodi website! This officially means that Kodi 16 is released and can be installed on any Kodi setup without worry for beta bugs or issues. Read out Kodi 16 guide below on all of the new features included.

Version 16 of Kodi improves on a ton of features including improved audio and video playback, updated codecs, new skin settings, and tons of other improvements!

Read the list of improvements below and then download Kodi 16 release candidate by clicking here.

Also, let us know on Twitter what you think after you download Kodi 16 and play around with it!

Kodi 16 Guide Features

Implement the more future proof DirectX11 for Windows which still works for DirectX9 video cards;
Event logging which among others shows which video files didn’t got added to your library;
Skin settings are now stored as separate files like any other add-on which makes migrating settings a lot easier;
Image resource add-ons which provide a single point of entry for skins to share common used images like movie studio icons and record labels which saves quite a lot of space and bandwidth;
Audio DSP (Digital Signal Processing) add-on integration and are already included which could make things possible like equalizers, sound processing, fake surround and more
PVR/DVR section has been extended and improved massively which now also handles series recording
Music library improvements which includes asking to scan to library when adding locations and also better tag scanning
Button long-press which extends the functionality of a single button to handle two functions which is great for button deprived remotes
Android now support a Surface Rendering which keeps the interface at normal HD resolution while allows playback of 4K on supported devices
Removal of the infamous libstagefright on Android which served us for the past years while the Android platform matured to a fully fetaured MediaCodec
Add-on manager underwent heavy changes which includes slightly different structure, per add-on auto-update on/off switch, better update/rollback support to choose from repos,

Capt.Kangaroo
02-20-2016, 09:16 PM
thanks Laser....

dara
02-20-2016, 09:23 PM
Already in the Google Play!

Marley
02-21-2016, 01:14 AM
great news this one
https://kodi.tv/download/

aCiDjEsUs
02-21-2016, 02:51 AM
Thank you Laser, great news I've been waiting for this one :)

mikey432
02-29-2016, 11:12 PM
Awesome just need to back up before I pulled the trigger thanks!

wickedjoker
02-29-2016, 11:31 PM
ill be sticking with 15 for a little longer but thanks for the heads up Laser!

Android Man
03-03-2016, 04:15 PM
Kodi 16 is working great for me on androids but i don't use androids for the iptv...

sporting80
03-06-2016, 03:22 PM
I went to
https://kodi.tv/downlod/ and the only kodi 16 that I see is filehippo .Am I doing something wrong. I don not see Jarvis.Thanks for your help.

dara
03-06-2016, 04:23 PM
I went to "kodi.tv/downlod/" and the only kodi 16 that I see is filehippo .Am I doing something wrong. I don not see Jarvis.Thanks for your help.

The link you posted was not correct. You go to this one:

https://kodi.tv/download

sporting80
03-06-2016, 05:17 PM
Thanks dara for the correction. Which one should I download? Jarvis1, 2 or 3 ? Thanks again.

dara
03-06-2016, 05:20 PM
Thanks dara for the correction. Which one should I download? Jarvis1, 2 or 3 ? Thanks again.

Download the stable Kodi 16.0 build for your device. I see there is a release candidate for 16.1, but you aren't ready for that.