PDA

View Full Version : Epg crashing system

mikey432
02-12-2016, 06:00 AM
I have kodi 16, stalker nfps I also have the epg update all channels load and I can click and watch but if I try to use epg it freezes then kicks me out of kodi I have tried to reset but still epg is crashing kodi.and I missing any settings?

psycon
02-12-2016, 06:17 AM
try a different skin?
i have seen this happen from time to time, i assume its caused by one of the actual channel entries.. if thats the case your issue should resolve itself in a day.. hopefully kodi team can fix this before 16 goes final

r3dman
02-13-2016, 02:38 AM
it's happening to me as well. as long as I'm not surfing seems to run okay.

psycon
02-13-2016, 02:47 AM
when u scroll down the epg.. what channel do you get to before it locks up. may be able to see what the issue is and fix it on the epg end.
also what box and how much ram does it have.

mikey432
02-14-2016, 06:32 AM
try a different skin?
i have seen this happen from time to time, i assume its caused by one of the actual channel entries.. if thats the case your issue should resolve itself in a day.. hopefully kodi team can fix this before 16 goes final

Reset the box a few times and it seems ok now. Question though when I'm watching a channel and I click back to look at the epg it seems to lag a bit when it's trying to bring it up any way to fix this or is it a hardware issue?

psycon
02-14-2016, 08:38 AM
thats just how long it takes. you can reduce the time by disabling channels you dont watch or setting up a group with the channel manager and group manager

mikey432
02-14-2016, 10:43 PM
Checked in the epg section on the forum and didn't see anything is there a tutorial? Or is it pretty much straight forward?

slick6732
02-23-2016, 12:53 AM
Same problem, channel list works great. As soon as I open guide, Kodi freezes up and shuts down. Jarvis 16, stalker nfps and epg updater have rebooted a dozen times, RIPPED power cord out of firestick, cleared epg_xmltv.xml. I have a epg_provider.json, would it hurt to delete it?

There are two versions of stalker pvr.stalker.nfps-android-i686-1.0.3.zip and pvr.stalker.nfps-android-arm-1.0.3.zip, I am using the second one. Not sure if maybe that could be the issue?

ezigzag
07-03-2016, 03:03 AM
Reset the box a few times and it seems ok now. Question though when I'm watching a channel and I click back to look at the epg it seems to lag a bit when it's trying to bring it up any way to fix this or is it a hardware issue?

switching to channels with issues loading always crashes kodi for some reason, at one point i had it dropping to the guide after turning off video acceleration, but then out of nowhere is started again

ezigzag
07-03-2016, 03:51 AM
when u scroll down the epg.. what channel do you get to before it locks up. may be able to see what the issue is and fix it on the epg end.
also what box and how much ram does it have.

ITV1 IS causing me to crash when surfed too

ezigzag
07-03-2016, 06:34 AM
also the m3u server fails to start on its own after the crash