PDA

View Full Version : Server throttled by isp

sparkfarmer
03-05-2015, 08:37 PM
I've used this server for a few weeks and it's been great.
Today the portal would take a very long time to load and the channels would take a long time to load and freeze immediately.
I check here and no one is talking about the server being down.
I try with a Mag254, avov vixo1, and the shiny new tvonline.
All have the same slow loading picture freeze problem.
I have a sub that came with the 254 and it works fine.
Turned on the hotspot on my phone connected to it with each box and they load fast and no freezing.
I reboot my modem get a new ip. Same problem.
I try this a few times to get ip's in different ranges still no fix.
Anyone else with bell having this problem?
Any ideas how to get around this?
My 6Gig cell data plan will go pretty quick.

Thanks.

4wheelin
03-05-2015, 08:39 PM
it is down from what i gather ,work is most likely being done.

sparkfarmer
03-05-2015, 09:23 PM
I just tried again and sadly all the boxes will work fine through my phone but not with Bell fibe internet.
I will try it again later tonight but i can't keep using my phone for this..

Niteman
03-05-2015, 09:27 PM
I've used this server for a few weeks and it's been great.
Today the portal would take a very long time to load and the channels would take a long time to load and freeze immediately.
I check here and no one is talking about the server being down.
I try with a Mag254, avov vixo1, and the shiny new tvonline.
All have the same slow loading picture freeze problem.
I have a sub that came with the 254 and it works fine.
Turned on the hotspot on my phone connected to it with each box and they load fast and no freezing.
I reboot my modem get a new ip. Same problem.
I try this a few times to get ip's in different ranges still no fix.
Anyone else with bell having this problem?
Any ideas how to get around this?
My 6Gig cell data plan will go pretty quick.

Thanks.

I have been getting a lot of freezing since early morning.

theuduk
03-05-2015, 09:45 PM
Channels loading quick for me but are reduced from 122 to 114, Miami locals gone from list, lots of activity behind the scene.

trackzz
03-05-2015, 11:11 PM
so the server is down?

sparkfarmer
03-06-2015, 02:47 AM
For me it's Bell.
Just checked at my neighbours, different ISP, and it worked well. I hate BHELL.
I can get the portal page to load. Video for tv is a still picture every 15 sec with no audio, Vod bounces between 21kbps and 0kbps. Yesterday I could barely tell what that said before the video started.

jaks236
03-06-2015, 03:16 AM
I'm also using bell fibe and I have the same problem, channels load slowly and then freeze. 25kbps download and 9kbps upload. Seems time to change ISP.

sparkfarmer
03-06-2015, 03:46 AM
If there is an alternate ip address to the server I'd like to try it to see if they are just throttling the one ip address. Both 1. and 100. Point to the same ip address.
If there is another one a pm would be appreciated.

jaks236
03-06-2015, 03:48 AM
Is everyone with freezing problems using bHell fibe as ISP?

jaks236
03-06-2015, 05:17 AM
Sparkfarmer are you also having freezing problems with Iks ?

toyz4tv
03-06-2015, 06:56 AM
Ok so I can confirm that tonight in having the same problem using Bell Fibe Internet. Maybe changing the modems dns might fix this. Other than that, maybe time to change isp. This really sucks! My cell phone tethering to the box works perfectly.

Montreal
03-06-2015, 07:08 AM
I am also having problems here myself and yes I am with a wholesaler ISP company who receives/delivers everything through Bell Fibe connection.

@toyz4tv <= changing the modems dns might fix this

i changed BELL DNS to,

https://www.opendns.com/premium-dns/
free public OpenDNS

it feels i am blocked or being throttled.

K00lKatT
03-06-2015, 07:19 AM
pls, code your live links, thks...

Montreal
03-06-2015, 07:26 AM
If there is an alternate ip address to the server I'd like to try it to see if they are just throttling the one ip address. Both 1. and 100. Point to the same ip address.
If there is another one a pm would be appreciated.

Unfortunately i have tried many things and still nothing

A.Changed DNS to OpenDNS
B.Changed url from
1.iptvprivateserver.tv to
https://goo.gl/ or
http://tinyurl.com
new shorter url provided

none of these a,b works
however im also getting a picture when i receive my new shorter url
http://i.imgur.com/t6FepIK.png

SatMan
03-06-2015, 01:12 PM
Try using a VPN service called Cyber Ghost 5, connect to the VPN service before you load up the xbmc/kodi ect.

toyz4tv
03-06-2015, 03:18 PM
How can I use a on on an avov box?

iptv
03-06-2015, 03:41 PM
We need net-neutrality

toyz4tv
03-06-2015, 03:53 PM
Ok so just retested this morning on avov and kodi and everything works fine. This leads me to believe that they throttle only at night. Well this just really sucks!

Montreal
03-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Try using a VPN service called Cyber Ghost 5, connect to the VPN service before you load up the xbmc/kodi ect.

I took your advise.
I installed a VPN software not the one you mentioned but nonetheless got myself a USA IP and its been working flawlessly.
Conclusion B-Hell is throttling Canadians!

I just wanted to say KUDOS to the hard working people behind IPTVTalk who have given us individuals a whole new meaning of HD live TV.

Thank You :p

sparkfarmer
03-06-2015, 05:10 PM
I also set up a vpn on one of my routers last night.
On the vpn router everything worked fine. On the non vpn router the private server was throttled.
Today everything fine with the server connection.
The connection to a paid server was fine throughout all of this.
Guess I'll have to wait and see what BHELL is up to.

SatMan
03-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Glad it worked, enjoy "Montreal"!

Bkman2020
03-06-2015, 05:44 PM
I'm not a Canadian but i read rumors they do throttle.

vimonty
03-07-2015, 02:07 AM
Is not only Bell do the throttle, but also Videotron do the same as one tech support told me few weeks ago when I discuss the matter with him, my ISP lease the internet from them and have control on download and I don't know if the vpn will help with Mag 254 .

Montreal
03-07-2015, 02:57 AM
I been told by a close friend that if we can select a random port within our router just maybe the throttle will stop and we can be ahead of there game? :o

moskivb
03-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Bell and Videotron throttles between 4:30pm - 2:00am Daily.
Setup Bitvise to use the Tunnel Servers, enabling you to not be Throttled by Bell and Videotron.
If you own a router with DD-WRT firmware and are looking forward to have this type of configuration:

PC/tvbox <--> Router <--> SSH Tunnel <--> SSH Server <--> Internet

check my post http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?1433-Guide-to-setup-SSH-Tunnel-on-DD-WRT

jalgon
03-28-2016, 01:29 AM
Hi,
I have a problem and I do not know if it's a limitation from my ISP or a problem with some anti-DDOS protection of NFPS/IPTV66. I am not able to connect to mw1.iptv66.tv (66.iptv66.tv works but I cannot connect after redirection to mw1).
Would it be possible that actually Videotron does some profiling? I ask because when I ping/traceroute from me to iptv66 authorization server, it does not work, though when I do the same from a friend of me also connected thru Videotron, it goes just fine.

During the last week I've been able to reach the server for a couple of days then all of the sudden the route from me to mw1.iptv66.tv broke: it stops at an anti-ddos company (koddos.com) in Amsterdam.
Is that used by NFPS/IPTV66 ? If so, I think they banned my IP for some reason.
Can anybody tell?
Thanks.