PDA

View Full Version : Switched to Stalker Client but....

waynemcke
01-30-2016, 06:37 AM
I have a strange problem that I'm trying to diagnose and fix but nothing I've tried from the advice in the pinned posts has worked. I'm hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction.

I have 2 donations for IKS66. One on my laptop running Windows and the other on an Android box. Both have a wifi download speed of between 20 and 30 mbps.
I've disabled IPTV Stalker on both and enabled PVR Stalker Client successfully receiving the streams and EPG.

The laptop works perfectly.

However, on the Android box, it buffers (or more of a picture/sound stutter) every 15 seconds (it's NEVER done this before). So I enabled PVR Stalker Client NFPS instead to see if that made a difference and got exactly the same problem. Thinking there must be a problem with the cache, I've downloaded the Advanced Settings plugin and tried different settings in there but it hasn't made any difference.

However, the weird thing is that if I disable Stalker Client/NFPS and enable IPTV Stalker again, the streams are perfect with no buffering.
I'm great at following instructions but don't know how these things work under the hood.

As IPTV Stalker works fine, does that mean this is not a cache problem after all and doing all this tweaking of the Advanced Settings isn't actually going to fix the problem? There's obviously an issue being caused by Stalker Client and Stalker Client NFPS but I haven't got a clue what to try next?

I'd appreciate any help or advice please.

waynemcke
01-30-2016, 05:08 PM
Just spent another frustrating morning getting nowhere with this. Has anybody any ideas please?

I forgot to mention, I'm running Isengard 15.2 on both devices. Would upgrading to 16 have any impact?

dara
01-30-2016, 05:55 PM
It could be due to corrupted .db files in your userdata>Database folder. Delete all that start with TV and epg, and see if that will help. I generally don't mess with the advanced settings, these are what I have (using Kodi 16.0 RC2)

<pvr>
<minvideocachelevel>65</minvideocachelevel>
<minaudiocachelevel>65</minaudiocachelevel>
<cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer>
</pvr>

psycon
01-30-2016, 07:33 PM
you can try this http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?8563-Constant-Buffering-fix

waynemcke
01-30-2016, 08:54 PM
It could be due to corrupted .db files in your userdata>Database folder. Delete all that start with TV and epg, and see if that will help. I generally don't mess with the advanced settings, these are what I have (using Kodi 16.0 RC2)

<pvr>
<minvideocachelevel>65</minvideocachelevel>
<minaudiocachelevel>65</minaudiocachelevel>
<cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer>
</pvr>

Deleted those files and no improvement.

I also have the same settings as you (apart from the minaudiocachelevel which isn't on my Edit Advanced Settings for some reason - perhaps it's part of Version 16).

you can try this http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?8563-Constant-Buffering-fix

Yep, done everything suggested on the 6 pages. Just tried it all again and still no improvement.

It literally buffers exactly every 15 seconds and buffers for about 1 second every time so it's not a random pattern.
And yet I turn IPTV Stalker back on, watch the same channel and there is no buffering at all.

I'll install Kodi 16.0 later this evening to see if that changes anything but apart from that, I'm at a complete loss....and moreso when I have the exact same setup and settings on my Laptop and it works perfectly?

dara
01-30-2016, 09:13 PM
Something else to try, but I doubt it will help, is to fiddle with the video acceleration settings in the System Settings. That setting is common to all internal codecs, so why you get no buffering on IPTV Stalker, but do on PVR Stalker is strange. A overlay re-install of Kodi 15.2 could work, and just clearing caches on Kodi might work as well.

psycon
01-30-2016, 09:13 PM
that is odd indeed.. try turning accelerators off in settings>video>acceleration..

maxriot1888
01-30-2016, 10:29 PM
Try this and see if it helps
System - Video - Playback
Adjust display refresh rate - change on On start / stop
Make sure pause during change is set to OFF

waynemcke
01-31-2016, 03:14 AM
that is odd indeed.. try turning accelerators off in settings>video>acceleration..

And there's the answer!!!! :) Thanks psycon. Very much appreciated.

Dara, maxriot - appreciate your suggestions as well guys.