PDA

View Full Version : epg . n**** - development and discussion

psycon
01-29-2016, 05:50 PM
12/31/16 This EPG method is no longer supported.

---
New Feb 14:vGet the ********** updater and repo from http://**********

Note: The 24 hour pull does not show details and is for devices with lower ram.. the 72 hour has the show details.

See Here for install instructions : http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?13053-How-To-Set-up-pvr-stalker-nfps-with-epg-ninja

Note: if you cannot seem to connect to the ********** site, its because your current client has been trying to connect to the old links non stop and the site has banned your IP.. Dont worry, its only temporary. Just remove the old links from your client, or disable it, or close just kodi for an hour and you will be unbanned..

Note 2: If you have set up the version of Stalker Client that is included with kodi, switching to this version isn't really necessary, you wont gain anything different with it, this is just the easiest way to new users to get up and running

Advanced Alternative setup: for use with version of Stalker that is included with Kodi only. If you dont know what your doing.. dont use this method. install pvr.stalker.nfps instead. Do not ask for support for the advanced method in this thread

Set your EPG remote URL to hxxps://papiao.is/main/EPG/mac/00:1A:78:XX:XX:XX/donation/XXXXXXXXX/fname/NFPSF1

Leave all the value headers in the URL (do not remove the words mac, donation, or fname leave them there, only change the X's)
Replace all the XX's with your Mac or Donation
NFPSF1=24 hour, title only. (use this on fire tv stick or other low ram devices)
NFPSF2=24 hour title only offset one hour, for those having issues.
NFPSF3=72 hour with details
NFPSF4=72hour with details offset one hour, for those having issues.

For IPTV66, replace "papiao" with IKS66

psycon
01-29-2016, 06:36 PM
Reserved...

djlopez92
01-29-2016, 08:57 PM
So after all my channels\guide info loads...I open TV Guide. Some channels have info and some dont. Alot of them have data pulled from time that has already past but not anything current or future. Ive closed out kodi and tried reopening to reload everything but i get the same outcome. Any thoughts?

psycon
01-29-2016, 09:01 PM
sounds like your using the provider supplied epg data.. the version from ********** is colorized and every channel is filled in (some with static info)

tuxen
01-30-2016, 01:05 PM
i'm curios. since dvbken does not seem to have integrated login/password in the "nfps" pvr client 1.01; won't it stop working feb. 1st as announced elsewhere on this forum? or does anyone know if something is in the works? and is the date finally confirmed? I know the subject is kinda on the edge but it is tied somewhat to this thread also.

regards

TVFan
01-30-2016, 04:12 PM
@ djlopez92: if your guide has "data pulled from time that has already past but not anything current or future" it sounds like the problem I got help fixing here yesterday. At least your description of the appearance of your guide is similar, as mine had channels with no data (actually, no current data, if I scrolled far enough left there was old data). Try the steps in that thread, couldn't hurt.

@ tuxen: I'll be interested in the answer to this as well, as I assumed that the latest version of PVR Stalker NFPS would assemble the login/password under the hood like it does all the other credentials. All it needs is the donation number, and it has that.

Guvnor
01-30-2016, 05:10 PM
Hi alls

Having an issue with epg data not being offset - some shows are wrong for the time on the listings .. Ive tried NFPSF2 AND 4 and its still the same .. ive cleared data, disabled live tv and rebooted but still the same on some channels ..

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this ??

tuxen
01-30-2016, 05:52 PM
@ tuxen: I'll be interested in the answer to this as well, as I assumed that the latest version of PVR Stalker NFPS would assemble the login/password under the hood like it does all the other credentials. All it needs is the donation number, and it has that.
to my knowledge all the current version does is set the serial number for you, it has the credentials already yeah but it is not using them. a little check box to enable the donation number to login would have be needed to make it future proof. lets hope dvbken updates the addon, but it probably wont happen until the login is required since the date seems to be pushed back. which leads to the second question; is feb. 1st finally confirmed?
these questions seems to span multiple threads, and this might not be the most appropriate. but I don't want to clutter the same questions all over, and think i'm not the only one wondering about these things. oh well I think we just have to wait 2 days and see what happens, it's not the end of the world. :)

tuxen
01-30-2016, 06:01 PM
Hi alls

Having an issue with epg data not being offset - some shows are wrong for the time on the listings .. Ive tried NFPSF2 AND 4 and its still the same .. ive cleared data, disabled live tv and rebooted but still the same on some channels ..

yeah I have and several friends. change your mac address (link a new mac) use NFPSF1 or 3 and it will correct itself.
remember to change the mac in the epg url also.

also remember the client fails for some reason at first attempt to load channels after changing mac, just re-enable the addon or tv function.

dara
01-30-2016, 06:06 PM
It depends on what 'latest' version of the pvr.stalker.nfps you are using. I don't think 0.8.4 autofills the login/password, nor does the expermentals in **********. The newest version 1.0.3 isn't out yet for the public, but I believe it will work going past 1 February, as it does take the donation number and autofills the login/password, at least in the debug log.

The February 1 date as far as I know isn't pushed back, but it isn't set in stone either.

psycon
01-30-2016, 06:54 PM
Hi alls

use pvr.stalker.nfps instead. it shoudl fix the offset for you..

if you cant though.. when you switch from NFPS 2 to NFPS 4. you have to go into file manger>profile directory and delete the epg cache from the userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker . as well as delete EPG11 and TV29 from your database folder, then restart kodi

tuxen
01-30-2016, 07:27 PM

if you cant though.. when you switch from NFPS 2 to NFPS 4. you have to go into file manger>profile directory and delete the epg cache from the userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker . as well as delete EPG11 and TV29 from your database folder, then restart kodi
sure it will coz he will have to change mac address for the new serial.
just link a new mac and the standard pvr addon will also fix itself. delete db files and if using kodi 16 delete cached epg file to be sure.
what puzzles me is why you guys do not test it. I just did again.. oh well, i'm not gonna argue this or say this anymore.

edit: it seems the client does not fail anymore at first attempt after changing mac. if its the standard 1.0.3 client or nfps that fixed something, I dunno.
(I dont have the 1.0.3 nfps client but I assume they have the same behavior)

Guvnor
01-30-2016, 08:07 PM

Hi - Thanks for the reply - tried what you said and still the same ... I'll try the other pvr you mentioned in the morning

Will also try a new mac as mentioned ****EDIT - tried new mac and changing to nfps 3 and no change

Thanks for the replys

psycon
01-30-2016, 08:25 PM
changing mac does not affect time offset. selecting the right xml file and resetting your database does..

Guvnor
01-30-2016, 08:27 PM
changing mac does not affect time offset. selecting the right xml file and resetting your database does..

I deleted everything you mentioned ... will try the other pvr shortly

psycon
01-30-2016, 08:33 PM
one last thing... did you set epg type to XMLTV only?.. is your guide black and white, or color.

Guvnor
01-30-2016, 08:40 PM
one last thing... did you set epg type to XMLTV only?.. is your guide black and white, or color.

My guides in colour ... Guide Preference is Provider Only

Under XMLTV theres scope and remote url (using stalker pvr)

psycon
01-30-2016, 08:44 PM
not sure how its in color if its set to provider only.... thats odd. set it to xmltv only and delete your database files again., that will fix it.

Guvnor
01-30-2016, 08:47 PM
not sure how its in color if its set to provider only.... thats odd. set it to xmltv only and delete your database files again., that will fix it.

sorry my mistake - thought when you ment in colour or black and white its all logos included .... guide is in black and white

tuxen
01-30-2016, 09:50 PM
yeah you are correct but there are cases where nfpsf1 or 2 wont work anymore, depends on what has gone wrong. if the local time or the timezone affects the time at some point for example, there are cases where nothing helps but resetting the mac. (DST or screwing with the emulator is a good example) but it looks like the error is located :), although the provider data should match nfpsf1?.

tuxen
01-30-2016, 10:28 PM
It depends on what 'latest' version of the pvr.stalker.nfps you are using. I don't think 0.8.4 autofills the login/password, nor does the expermentals in **********. The newest version 1.0.3 isn't out yet for the public, but I believe it will work going past 1 February, as it does take the donation number and autofills the login/password, at least in the debug log.

The February 1 date as far as I know isn't pushed back, but it isn't set in stone either.
thanks dara. I meant 1.0.1 as I wrote with the wrong version no. that is currently available.
nice dvbken already has a beta version, we will just have to wait and see.
I personally hope so that all the clones/ripoff-sites die, and bad resellers will have to be a behave a little better now they become more "transparent".
although it wouldn't surprise me if someone revived/cloned iptv stalker with hidden passwords, and tries to sell that. heh

Guvnor
01-31-2016, 09:53 PM
Just wanna update .... deleted all addon data etc and files mentioned ... changed mac and started afresh .. used nfpsf2 and also xmltv set instead of provider

Guide all inline and in colour now

Thanks to everyone who helped - appreciate it

dara
01-31-2016, 10:34 PM
1.0.3 has been released by dvbken. Go to the ********** site.

Bkman2020
01-31-2016, 11:41 PM
Web page gives me 404 not found.

dara
01-31-2016, 11:47 PM

Works for me. It might be a dns issue on your end.

Bkman2020
01-31-2016, 11:53 PM
Yes, works on chrome thanks

Marley
02-01-2016, 12:32 AM
works here np at all

dara... test edit...

psycon
02-01-2016, 01:14 AM

what url gives you a 404

Bkman2020
02-01-2016, 02:03 AM
Update: works now

tito1982
02-01-2016, 12:12 PM
1.0.3 has been released by dvbken. Go to the ********** site.

Does it mean that the new security measure are now live?

swisstribe
02-01-2016, 02:26 PM
for the latest stalker on epg ninja what is the difference between pvr.stalker.nfps-win32-i.zip and pvr.stalker.nfps-win32-j.zip ?

dara
02-01-2016, 02:48 PM
for the latest stalker on epg ninja what is the difference between pvr.stalker.nfps-win32-i.zip and pvr.stalker.nfps-win32-j.zip ?

"i" - isengard (Kodi 15.x)
"j" - jarvis (Kodi 16.x)

swisstribe
02-01-2016, 02:57 PM
I feel stupid now... thanks for the answer...

viper8690
02-02-2016, 04:23 PM
Hi all,

I downloaded the latest Isengard version from epg website. Everything is working perfectly fine; however, the version on the add-on says 0.8.4. Am I missing something?

Also, curious as to what script.clairvoyants.installer.zip is for?

Thanks,

psycon
02-02-2016, 04:33 PM
install it and find out ;P

viper8690
02-02-2016, 05:34 PM
install it and find out ;P

I'll be sure to try it out.

Regarding the version shouldn't it say 1.0.3 instead of 0.8.4?

Thanks,

psycon
02-02-2016, 06:59 PM
Announcement! Epg URL had to be taken offline. users of pvr.stalker.nfps will default back to the server EPG automatically.. users of included pvr.stalker may need to set to XMLTV preferred, or Server only.

GlammaGeek
02-02-2016, 11:48 PM
I have a question. If I'm posting this in the wrong place, please don't beat me mommy/daddy.... LOL

I've been searching for days trying to figure out how to save channel groups so that when I have to clear Live TV data/guide, I can still have my groups and not have to recreate them each and every time I need to do some troubleshooting. I've had to recreate channel groups 3 times today trying to get the new pvr.stalker.nfps settings to stick.

I ran across the Kodi TV Channel Manager, but it says it's for OpenElec only. And I see in Jarvis RC1 and 2, "Always use the channel order from the backend(s)" and "Use backend channels numbers (only works with 1 enabled PVR add-on)" are both gone. I would love to be able to share my channel groups with my customers. I tried copying tv29.db and epgxx.db but go no joy. Am I missing something? Is this even possible?

psycon
02-03-2016, 12:00 AM
turn of use backend groups.. and go nuts with the channel manager.

tuxen
02-03-2016, 12:12 AM
Announcement! Epg URL had to be taken offline. users of pvr.stalker.nfps will default back to the server EPG automatically.. users of included pvr.stalker may need to set to XMLTV preferred, or Server only.
permanently ?:/

psycon
02-03-2016, 12:26 AM
permanently ?:/
edit: back up

tuxen
02-03-2016, 01:20 AM
no.. theres a glittch that needs to be worked out. not sure of the timeline, need to talk to all those involved.
server provided epg is unaffected.
ill have a workaround up and running later tonight as well.
phew lol.. I noticed the stalker client came up with a notice out of the blue. take all the time you need guys.

psycon
02-03-2016, 01:32 AM
workaround is up. install the clairvoyance installer fro **********.. (dont worry, you do not need to install the whole build, just using the installer as a delivery method)
run the installer, choose update from **********, and choose the first update 1_EPG_Manual_update
it will load the 3 day cache file, so you only need to do it once every day or 2. if the outage is even that long.. will remain there afterwards anyways..

GlammaGeek
02-03-2016, 02:05 AM
turn of use backend groups.. and go nuts with the channel manager.

Thanks!!! Is there any way to clone just the groups by copying a file(s), or will I need to clone the entire build? It's really a bummer to have to recreate every time I clear data/guide.

TVFan
02-03-2016, 04:04 PM
Everything seems to be working fine again this morning: channels load, guide loads, new 72 hour guide data arrives, video is buffer free.

Thanks for all the hard work that must have gone into this!

psycon
02-03-2016, 04:13 PM
epg links back up

Marley
02-03-2016, 04:40 PM
yup your right thanks

tuxen
02-03-2016, 04:48 PM
epg links back up
I noticed thanks a lot man. :)

black-c0depr
02-05-2016, 05:35 AM
I have a question... If I install the kodi ********** and I have now a Kodi 15 with lot of Addos, I Lost all addons by installing the kodi **********?

Thanks

psycon
02-05-2016, 06:18 AM
please refer to the clairvoyance build thread in the files section for that... but no you wont lose any plugins.. but some settings will be overwritten.

expatter
02-06-2016, 12:41 AM
Thanks!!! Is there any way to clone just the groups by copying a file(s), or will I need to clone the entire build? It's really a bummer to have to recreate every time I clear data/guide.

Bummer doesn't even come close to expressing what it is actually like to go through this. I simply stopped clearing the tv and guide data/cache and don't have to keep making 650 channels hidden and/or messing about with groups. How do I avoid it? First, disable live tv in the settings menu. Next, go into the userdata/addondata folder for the pvr and delete the epg_cache.xml and also the epg11.db from the database directory. Then restart kodi and re-enable live tv again. Should be golden.

Of course, this assumes you took psycon's advice and updated the guide from the ninja installer as well.

It works for me, hope it works for you, too! :)

expatter
02-06-2016, 06:45 AM
Bummer doesn't even come close to expressing what it is actually like to go through this. I simply stopped clearing the tv and guide data/cache and don't have to keep making 650 channels hidden and/or messing about with groups. How do I avoid it? First, disable live tv in the settings menu. Next, go into the userdata/addondata folder for the pvr and delete the epg_cache.xml and also the epg11.db from the database directory. Then restart kodi and re-enable live tv again. Should be golden.

Of course, this assumes you took psycon's advice and updated the guide from the ninja installer as well.

It works for me, hope it works for you, too! :)

EDIT: Well, this WAS working until today. @Psycon, using the update guide from ninja was getting the guide info until today. Is it going to work again? Now I get an error stating that the directory doesn't exist. Happens on android and windows. (just tried out the latest nightlie of kodi 17 krypton but it also says the same thing on 16 rc3). I got the stuff working from 'provider only' tho.

Thanks!

psycon
02-06-2016, 07:02 AM
xmltv files are offline while papiao is undergoing maintenance. use server epg until further notice

expatter
02-06-2016, 07:21 AM
xmltv files are offline while papiao is undergoing maintenance. use server epg until further notice

ok, thanks

ljhookem14
02-07-2016, 04:55 PM

So don't use the clairvoyance Installer workaround? This must be keeping the devs up all night. Hopefully they can get it fixed then get some rest and get some time with their family.

Tack
02-09-2016, 10:25 PM
I'd like to request that you put the linux version of the Jarvis pvr.stalker.nfps back up on the epg website. I downloaded the isengard version three or four weeks ago but it didn't occur to me that the jarvis version would not still be up later so didn't get it. D'oh! Now that jarvis is about ready to go golden I'd like to upgrade (all linux here - Gentoo, Mint, Android).

By the way, a friend brought a Windows machine by last night & I loaded jarvis RC3 and the win32 stalker NFPS client on it. It authenticated instantly and I'm sure will run just fine when the feeds come back up. Thanks for all the development effort, we appreciate it!

psycon
02-09-2016, 10:29 PM
all builds ken gave me are up on the site. i have not removed any files.. thhere was no linux build released.. other than rpii

Tack
02-09-2016, 11:38 PM
all builds ken gave me are up on the site. i have not removed any files.. thhere was no linux build released.. other than rpii

Huh, that is strange. Back then I went to ********** and the first page had the download links and a statement by Ken warning us not to discuss it anywhere other than the clairvoyant thread or he'd never do an early release again. It had links for all the platforms for both isengard and jarvis. As I said, I got the 15,2 linux version.

Just looked at the download; it's named pvr.stalker.nfps-linux-x86-64.zip 267854 bytes created 15 Dec 2015 and downloaded Wed 13 Jan 2016

I don't recall if I typed the address or clicked on a link. I wonder if the link actually took me elsewhere rather than the epg site or maybe the early release page was moved. ??

Cue the Twilight Zone music.

dara
02-10-2016, 01:36 AM
Huh, that is strange. Back then I went to ********** and the first page had the download links and a statement by Ken warning us not to discuss it anywhere other than the clairvoyant thread or he'd never do an early release again. It had links for all the platforms for both isengard and jarvis. As I said, I got the 15,2 linux version.

Just looked at the download; it's named pvr.stalker.nfps-linux-x86-64.zip 267854 bytes created 15 Dec 2015 and downloaded Wed 13 Jan 2016

I don't recall if I typed the address or clicked on a link. I wonder if the link actually took me elsewhere rather than the epg site or maybe the early release page was moved. ??

Cue the Twilight Zone music.

You accessed a page that was cached on your system. Try this and refresh http://**********/

psycon
02-10-2016, 01:40 AM
that was a build blackbear compiled from the source.. linux versions arev very picky and you need to compile yourself... i didnt get a copy of the source for the latest build from ken.. but really.. why go through all the trouble when you can jsut set up kodi's built in client, they do the exact same thing.

Tack
02-10-2016, 02:18 AM
.. but really.. why go through all the trouble when you can jsut set up kodi's built in client, they do the exact same thing.

Ah, I see where the confusion arises.. that's my fault for not stating the problem clearly. Kodi linux does not include a built in stalker client - in fact, there are no pvr's at all in the distro. We install the ones we want to use but in this case it would seem that there are none available for jarvis yet. As a gentoo user I am used to compiling everything, that's not a problem; I just need the source or a generic pre-compiled Sc or ScNFPS. The generic one I used in isengard worked perfectly. I suppose I am stuck with isengard for a while.

Thanks for the replies anyway.

psycon
02-10-2016, 02:20 AM
is the jarvis code fore Sc not on github?

Blackbear199
02-10-2016, 03:05 AM
Ah, I see where the confusion arises.. that's my fault for not stating the problem clearly. Kodi linux does not include a built in stalker client - in fact, there are no pvr's at all in the distro. We install the ones we want to use but in this case it would seem that there are none available for jarvis yet. As a gentoo user I am used to compiling everything, that's not a problem; I just need the source or a generic pre-compiled Sc or ScNFPS. The generic one I used in isengard worked perfectly. I suppose I am stuck with isengard for a while.

Thanks for the replies anyway.
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?12049-Compile-Kodi-and-PVR-Stalker&p=96417#post96417

Tack
02-10-2016, 04:01 AM
http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?12049-Compile-Kodi-and-PVR-Stalker&p=96417#post96417

Great, thank you!

Tack
02-10-2016, 05:21 PM
Update: as usual the easy way took longer than the hard way (got stuck on the idea of finding it again rather than just building it in the first place).. built both clients for jarvis and coincidentally the channels seem to have come back up overnight. Everything I've tried plays without any or only minor buffering. Thanks for the kick in the pants psycon and blackbear.

gsh2012
02-11-2016, 10:37 PM
Getting a few channels offset incorrectly, so far Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, Animal Planet

ljhookem14
02-12-2016, 04:04 PM
Has the epg guide been fixed psycon? I was told initially to Goto this thread for updates on the EPG guide:

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3411-IPTV-Service-Status

...but now I see you have an update from Feb5th on this thread at the first post.

tuxen
02-17-2016, 04:23 PM
I dont see pvr nfps in the ninja repositoy? anymore?

dara
02-19-2016, 07:32 PM
I dont see pvr nfps in the ninja repositoy? anymore?

The Jarvis version zips are available through the ********** site, as least for now.

Hustler
03-06-2016, 06:15 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if hxxps://papiao.is/main/EPG/mac/00:1A:78:XX:XX:XX/donation/XXXXXXXXX/fname/NFPSF1 method is working?

Typing in the URL in my browser with my credentials returns "Temporary Unavailable". Any ideas when this will be back up?

I don't wish to use the EPG Ninja Updater addon.

Cheers

psycon
03-06-2016, 06:43 PM
you have to use the epg updater addon

ilan
03-06-2016, 07:21 PM
@Hustler: I don't wish to use the EPG Ninja Updater addon.

The updater is a small addon that downloads the epg xml file to your device at a specified time. It isn't resource heavy and it works without issues for me. I wouldn't be reluctant to give it a try.

dara
03-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if hxxps://papiao.is/main/EPG/mac/00:1A:78:XX:XX:XX/donation/XXXXXXXXX/fname/NFPSF1 method is working?

Typing in the URL in my browser with my credentials returns "Temporary Unavailable". Any ideas when this will be back up?

I don't wish to use the EPG Ninja Updater addon.

Cheers

No, that link is now defunct. The reason why the updater service is so much better is that reduced the load on the server as it didn't have to serve up the different files. I don't see any reason why not to have the server, in my opinion.

dreamscape
03-07-2016, 10:17 AM
Quick question as I cannot find the answer anywhere, how do you tell the addon to pull 24 hours and not 72??

Note: The 24 hour pull does not show details and is for devices with lower ram.. the 72 hour has the show details.

Hustler
03-07-2016, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the replies Psycon, Ilon and Dara. Yep, I tried to avoid installing any excess addons on my device but as its a small addon and reduces the load speeds for EPG, I'll give it a go. :)

Cheers

dara
03-07-2016, 03:09 PM
Quick question as I cannot find the answer anywhere, how do you tell the addon to pull 24 hours and not 72??

You set that in the settings. In the latest version of Stalker Client NFPS, its "XMLTV File", in Stalker Client , its "Cache Time (hours)". Older versions of the NFPS client had English and Full as options, so if you have that, you should update.

dreamscape
03-07-2016, 04:54 PM
You set that in the settings. In the latest version of Stalker Client NFPS, its "XMLTV File", in Stalker Client , its "Cache Time (hours)". Older versions of the NFPS client had English and Full as options, so if you have that, you should update.

Great Dara, thanks. So for Kodi 16 \ Stalker Client I set cache time to '24' for lite pull, '72' for full?

Just wanting to clarify as in the vid's I think it's set to 12....

dara
03-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Great Dara, thanks. So for Kodi 16 \ Stalker Client I set cache time to '24' for lite pull, '72' for full?

Just wanting to clarify as in the vid's I think it's set to 12....

Yeah, I think 12 maybe in some of the tutorials as well, but my understanding there are only 24 and 72. Any other value there may not pull a guide, but I don't know that... psycon would probably best know that for sure.

bkmo
03-07-2016, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I think 12 maybe in some of the tutorials as well, but my understanding there are only 24 and 72. Any other value there may not pull a guide, but I don't know that... psycon would probably best know that for sure.

Is the guide not set in the EPG updater addon? It seems to me that the value in the stalker client would be how many hours to read in the cache file, and the 24 or 72 hour guide setting is in the EPG updater.

dara
03-07-2016, 09:04 PM
Is the guide not set in the EPG updater addon? It seems to me that the value in the stalker client would be how many hours to read in the cache file, and the 24 or 72 hour guide setting is in the EPG updater.

Actually the number of hours shown is a general Kodi function. The only user setting in the epg server is the one hour offset.

bkmo
03-08-2016, 03:07 AM
Yes, you are correct, I was mistaken. I had just assumed that it was the EPG updater that chose whether to grab a 24 or 72 hour guide. But looking at the code there are only 2 download options. Normal and -1hour. So where does Kodi get a lite pull from if the updater is downloading one of 2 files no matter what? Just thinking out loud, I know we should refer this to psycon.

psycon
03-08-2016, 03:15 AM
bkmo, we do plan on bringing back a english only 24 hour pull for low ram devices, just working on some other things first... if you wanna hack up your plugin to point to guide3.zip instead of guide1.zip it will work for you..

bkmo
03-08-2016, 03:29 AM
bkmo, we do plan on bringing back a english only 24 hour pull for low ram devices, just working on some other things first... if you wanna hack up your plugin to point to guide3.zip instead of guide1.zip it will work for you..
I'm working fine here thanks. I just jumped in on the conversation about the 24 hour guide. I just didn't see how someone was going to do it with a default plugin setup. If someone needs a hacked plugin I am willing to do it for them though.

psycon
03-08-2016, 03:35 AM
dont worry about it, we will be updating the plugin soon and everyone will autoupdate, its jsut low on my priority list right now.

ljhookem14
03-08-2016, 02:15 PM
Dara or psycon, last week or so I've had to restart KODI to get the guide to populate. It seems to be running out after 72-hours.

I had initially set it to Prefer XMLTV but I changed this morning to XMLTV only. I also have the guide entirely in gray and I'm missing data for about 15% of the channels.

<<< My system >>>
• Nvidia Shield
• KODI Jarvis 16.0
• PVRstalker 1.0.3 (built-in)
• EPG updater (1.0.5)
• Remote URL: special://userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker/epg_xmltv.xml

I don't want to clear data because I have only 215 channels active...unless you tell me if I clear data the channels I don't have active will stay deactivated.

It take a long time to go into "manage channels" and deselect all the ones I don't need. Like I said, in the end, I end up with just 215 channels active in my channels and my guide.

dara
03-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Dara or psycon, last week or so I've had to restart KODI to get the guide to populate. It seems to be running out after 72-hours.

I had initially set it to Prefer XMLTV but I changed this morning to XMLTV only. I also have the guide entirely in gray and I'm missing data for about 15% of the channels.

<<< My system >>>
• Nvidia Shield
• KODI Jarvis 16.0
• PVRstalker 1.0.3 (built-in)
• EPG updater (1.0.5)
• Remote URL: special://userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker/epg_xmltv.xml

I don't want to clear data because I have only 215 channels active...unless you tell me if I clear data the channels I don't have active will stay deactivated.

It take a long time to go into "manage channels" and deselect all the ones I don't need. Like I said, in the end, I end up with just 215 channels active in my channels and my guide.

To get the ********** guide to refresh, go to that file in the remote url and delete it, and restart Kodi. TBH, I don't know if clearing data will delete your custom settings on the channels, but there is a very good chance that it will. You can find the EPG*.db files in the userdata/Database folder and delete them, and that also should force a refresh of the EPG. The time that the updater refreshes is user configurable as well.

ljhookem14
03-08-2016, 04:19 PM
These are what is inside the Database:

Epg10.db
Epg11.db

So delete these 2 files?

When I go to the remote URL these are the files in: userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker/

cache.xml
epg_provider.json
settings.xml

dara
03-08-2016, 04:47 PM
These are what is inside the Database:

Epg10.db
Epg11.db

So delete these 2 files?

When I go to the remote URL these are the files in: userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker/

cache.xml
epg_provider.json
settings.xml

First question, yes, those files.

Second... if the setup is correct, you should be seeing that xml file there. Make sure you have "XMLTV only" as your selection. It could be a uploader server problem, but I think psycon is rolling out an update soon, via the repo.

ljhookem14
03-08-2016, 04:56 PM
...Second... if the setup is correct, you should be seeing that xml file there. Make sure you have "XMLTV only" as your selection. It could be a uploader server problem, but I think psycon is rolling out an update soon, via the repo.

I have XMLTV Only now and when I did restart I got most of the channels data back but mostly all are in grey.

I didn't delete anything yet (Epg.db files) but I will shortly.

I bolded an underlined your comment above but what specific "xml file" are you specifically saying I should see?

ljhookem14
03-08-2016, 05:03 PM
I have XMLTV Only now and when I did restart I got most of the channels data back but mostly all are in grey.

I didn't delete anything yet (Epg.db files) but I will shortly.

I bolded an underlined your comment above but what specific "xml file" are you specifically saying I should see?

Oh I now see that I have in the userdata/addon_data/pvr.stalker/

These files:

epg_xmltv.xml
settings.xml
epg_provider.json
cache.xml

dara
03-08-2016, 05:06 PM
The updater service is supposed to download a zip file from the ********** server, and expand it as epg_xmltv.xml to the pvr.stalker and pvr.stalker.nfps userdata/addons_data folders. So, either the download didn't happen, or it failed to unzip it to those folders.

ljhookem14
03-08-2016, 05:49 PM
The updater service is supposed to download a zip file from the ********** server, and expand it as epg_xmltv.xml to the pvr.stalker and pvr.stalker.nfps userdata/addons_data folders. So, either the download didn't happen, or it failed to unzip it to those folders.

I had another reply Dara after my first one to you. Look at my post right before your last reply. I actually have the file:

epg_xmltv.xml
settings.xml
epg_provider.json
cache.xml

dara
03-08-2016, 06:09 PM
What skin are you using?

ljhookem14
03-08-2016, 06:14 PM
What skin are you using?

Arctic Zephyr (version 2.2.7). Had no issues till about week ago w: the guide.

I have that file "epg_xmltv.xml" in pvr.stalker.

I still haven't deleted it yet and nor the EPG.db files until I knew for sure to go ahead and do it.

Should I delete both EPG.db files along with the epg_xmltv.xml ?

If yes then I'll do it right now.

dara
03-08-2016, 06:19 PM
Arctic Zephyr (version 2.2.7). Had no issues till about week ago w: the guide.

I have that file "epg_xmltv.xml" in pvr.stalker.

I still haven't deleted it yet and nor the EPG.db files until I knew for sure to go ahead and do it.

Should I delete both EPG.db files along with the epg_xmltv.xml ?

If yes then I'll do it right now.

Yes, do it. They should regenerate when you restart Kodi and enable TV.

ljhookem14
03-08-2016, 06:36 PM

Ok I had to leave the house and will try everything this evening.

Also, there are some issues being reported on channels being down. I can confirm the same issues on my Avov and Pvr.stalker

Thanks Dara for your help.

ljhookem14
03-09-2016, 12:17 AM

Just got home dara and everything is back to normal now. The guide has all the correct colors depending on genre and all channels have data.

I didn't delete any of those files we were talking about. I just took a look before I started to delete them and noticed everything was back to normal.

ilan
03-09-2016, 01:38 PM
The guide updated itself and, since it is now on XMLTV Only, things are working correctly.

ljhookem14
03-09-2016, 02:18 PM
The guide updated itself and, since it is now on XMLTV Only, things are working correctly.

If you notice my original post, I had it on "XMLTV only" first thing this yesterday morning. I did about 10 restarts with the XMLTV only so that wasnt the issue.

ilan
03-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Yes, I noticed, but you didn't delete the data, so the guide hadn't yet repopulated. Merely restarting Kodi doesn't download a new guide.

ljhookem14
03-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Yes, I noticed, but you didn't delete the data, so the guide hadn't yet repopulated. Merely restarting Kodi doesn't download a new guide.

Today, noticed the guide was running out around 1am so I restarted and now it won't load.

I always get this figured out but usually when stuff like that starts to happen some major things are to follow. And now it's saying authentication failed.

Not a newbie so I'll get it sorted.

ljhookem14
03-10-2016, 05:41 PM
Got it to load up but guide is ending around 1am for most channels and some 2am. Just like it was showing this morning before it showed authentication failed. Usually means some bigger problems are on the horizon.

At 4pm the guide info goes to gray genre: other/unlnown.

Not worried, just letting the people know so they are aware.

ljhookem14
03-10-2016, 07:30 PM
This is from psycon,

"There is currently an issue with one of the servers we grab from. we are jsut going to wait it out for a couple days. will switch to alternate sources if it doesnt resolve on its own soon."

As I've been saying up earlier, the issue had nothing to do with setting XMLTV only. Yes and No about the restart. If you change configuration in the client and restart it will populate the guide but I understand just restarting doesn't restart the guide.

There was something bigger going on. Again, no worries on my end. I know it will be handled.

ljhookem14
03-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Another update from psycon yesterday evening:

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?15378-epg-ninja-Status-updates

"EPG ninja: Status updates
********** site = Up
XMLTV EPG File = Broken - mar 9
Stalker server provided EPG = Up

comment:
we are having issues connecting to one of our sources.. seems to be on their end.. waiting it out, if it takes more than a couple days we will switch to alternate sources..

If you are getting no guide, or your guide is no longer color coded, this is why .
should come back on its own when the issue is resolved."

Blackbear199
03-11-2016, 04:21 PM
i just remapped all the english,most of the indian and some os the spanish to a different provider so you should get some epg now.i will continue to change the rest.hopefully by tonight i will have it all back.

DJB628
03-14-2016, 01:27 AM
Anyone able to get the Client Stalker NFPS to install on Kodi Jarvis, on the Raspberry PI 2 ?? I tried the 2 versions on the ********** site, both won't install

22justin
03-14-2016, 02:07 AM
Anyone able to get the Client Stalker NFPS to install on Kodi Jarvis, on the Raspberry PI 2 ?? I tried the 2 versions on the ********** site, both won't install

same for me on firetv. I read on another thread that pvr.stalker.nfps doesnt work anymore and you have to use stalker client instead which is a lot more difficult to configure. Hope im wrong. but I ccant get stalker.nfps working

DJB628
03-14-2016, 11:33 AM
same for me on firetv. I read on another thread that pvr.stalker.nfps doesnt work anymore and you have to use stalker client instead which is a lot more difficult to configure. Hope im wrong. but I ccant get stalker.nfps working

I would have no issues with that, the issue I having with using Stalker Client, is getting a PVR client that is up to date, the one that comes with Jarvis in the OpenElec is outdated, and I can't seem to find the updated version of the PVR Stalker client to update it, the one built in I believe is still .0.8.4 I think. I did update to Jarvis, but the Stlaker client is still old.

Blackbear199
03-14-2016, 02:13 PM
0.8.4 work fine.

DJB628
03-14-2016, 03:13 PM
0.8.4 work fine.

Thanks, cheers

nhumber
03-14-2016, 11:31 PM
is there any possibility to run the epg guide plugin standalone via ubuntu? maybe via python script or something? i run a local ubuntu server/NAS system for media and i have 5 routes in my home.. all 5 are KODI boxes and all 5 update their guide independently on their own currently with the epg plugins but it feels like alot of unnessesary updates and server usage for you guys.. right now i thought about just keeping my "main" system using the epg plugin and writing it to my NAS storage and then just pointing the PVR clients on each machine to that remote "epg file". While this works its not really the best situation as there are some days i could go without turning on my "main" system so other systems could end up without guide data as a result, another question, If i download a full weeks worth of EPG, does that load the full week in KODI even if i have only 1 day selected? some of my devices are 1gb ram devices and i like to keep my epg at 24 hours of data.

Blackbear199
03-15-2016, 12:22 AM
why dont you look in the epg updater code and get the url for the zip file and write a bash file that downloads it with wget or whatever you prefer and unzip and place it anywhere you want.set a crond to do it once a day and point all your boxes at that file.
be 2-3 lines code.

nhumber
03-15-2016, 12:52 AM
i didnt know i was just downloading a zip file from the epg updater addon, i think i was trying to make it more complicated than it needs to be. Thanks for the tip, ill reply back to update once i get it going, incase someone is looking to do the same. :cool:

tuxen
03-20-2016, 06:07 AM
wups what happened with the pull, it seems to be expired now ie. only contains data before midnight.
just a heads up. :)

EDIT: oh.. file is missing. pull not succeeded I guess.

psycon
03-20-2016, 08:16 AM
please ensure restart kodi and ensure your epg updater addon has updater to 1.0.6

tuxen
03-20-2016, 11:35 AM
ah.. did not know there was an update. I had to do a manual update on the repo to get it. thanks. :)

EDIT: that of cause did the trick. wise move btw. thanks again and for all that you guys do to give us this brilliant epg.

Autoroam
03-31-2016, 11:01 AM
EPG is not populating completely….deleted the xml file, data and restarted but no joy.

Just FYI.

Kodi 15.2/ stalker 0.8.4/ minix

gabby4chat
03-31-2016, 01:39 PM
Yes agreed , only populates 1/2 guide on 2 diff machines 2 diff donations
deleted .xml checked all settings 3 x's reset mac and changed mac
still does not work seems getting a bad pull also time won't go past
6:30 am it's now 9:35 am est

tuxen
03-31-2016, 02:17 PM
pull failed only old data? just pulled current xml file with epg updater and cleared data. only has data until 3 hours ago.
well you probably know. :)

ljhookem14
03-31-2016, 03:13 PM
I've been having issues since yesterday. I'm sure psycon is on it but there is definatley an issue.

Thing is I tried too much to get it back and now lost all my custimIzations as I only activate 110 channels and move them around like i like it. It's a solid 2-3 hours but I'll just get it done next when psycon gets this resolved.

tuxen
03-31-2016, 03:19 PM
exit kodi and delete the userdata/Database/Epg*.db instead and you wont loose your customizations, you can probably even do it within kodi and then just restart. or did you try to many things. that's some job, i'm way to lazy I just make a group and renames a few wrongly named channels takes max 15 mins if it gets deleted. heh. the box loads everything fast enough for me. you must have your reason though. :)

ilan
03-31-2016, 03:27 PM
I just downloaded the epg.xml and it looks fine now.

exnvalid
04-11-2016, 03:40 PM
My EPG updater not working gets only some channels I don't get errors it loads but almost all the channels don't have there info

dara
04-11-2016, 03:51 PM
********** probably needs to be fixed, psycon is a busy guy.

Marley
04-11-2016, 04:32 PM
yea everyone has a life give it a little time

admin7
07-17-2016, 07:54 PM
I have got the pvr.stalker.nfps working now on portal 4 and also the EPG-Ninja TV Guide but; my guide is in black and white plus my timeline I'm confused about I am in Tennessee where do I set the timeline?

thanks In Advance!

admin7
07-21-2016, 12:52 AM
Can someone help me please setting up the epg-ninja tv guide I have tried everything but; still my guide is in black and white and I know it should be in color. Sorry I forgot to add this - I am using a Windows PC with Kodi jarvis 16.1 come on guys and gals any help here?

thanks In advanced!

admin7
07-21-2016, 12:54 PM
I am using Windows PC, and Kodi Jarvis 16.1, pvr.stalker.nfps, epg-ninja with the stalker epg-updater under Services and the only thing in my c:/program files/Kodi/userdata is the RssFeeds XML Document is this correct? and my tv guide is still black and white.

japgeisha
07-24-2016, 05:06 AM
can not find 22.iptvrocket.tv server in ********** updater . anyone help me thank you using kodi with my macbook

curgs
07-24-2016, 12:00 PM
Look at your donation you received it will say something like 1 iptvrocket as an example

ilan
07-24-2016, 07:15 PM
You don't have to use the epg updater, either. You can set the epg url to the following in Stalker Client and it will work without the updater.

http://nfps.**********/

japgeisha
07-24-2016, 07:41 PM
Look at your donation you received it will say something like 1 iptvrocket as an example
My donation says 1.iptvrocket.tv. But when I activated the Mac. It shows 22.iptvrocket.tv

when I try to use epg ninja to configure pvr client. 22.iptvrocket.tv is missing from the list. Ian's I only use kodi.

japgeisha
07-24-2016, 07:42 PM
You don't have to use the epg updater, either. You can set the epg url to the following in Stalker Client and it will work without the updater.

ilan Thank you I will try that and get back to you brother

ADP0361
07-24-2016, 08:25 PM
If I have IPTV66, can I use http://NFPS.********** as my epg URL?

curgs
07-24-2016, 11:05 PM
Then select 1 for your choice

japgeisha
07-25-2016, 07:10 PM

ilan i did manual set up watching the video here and i did connect i used the url as you suggested but i have a missing channel like all 500's

and so many other channels plz help thank you

ilan
07-25-2016, 08:25 PM
The 500s are VOD channels now, so you won't find them there anymore.

japgeisha
07-25-2016, 09:34 PM
So is it just my server number or this is what it is for iptv using kodi ?
cuz I saw some member having boxs claiming they can have them

just wanna understand the process no complain or anything bro. Thank you for answering my call thx

ilan
07-25-2016, 10:51 PM
You need to use Stalker Client NFPS or the IPTV Stalker Plus video add-on to access the VOD on Kodi.

japgeisha
07-26-2016, 03:35 AM
I'm very confused. So iptv rocket is different than iptv nfps. If so why rocket could not do it ? Just wondering thx God bless you

crazed 9.6
07-26-2016, 03:48 AM
I'm very confused. So iptv rocket is different than iptv nfps. If so why rocket could not do it ? Just wondering thx God bless you

iptv rocket and iptv nfps (and iptv66) are same is most all aspects except their server port designations.

The fella you seen get VODS without an issue, was prolly using a Mag or Avov or T1 receiver. Them boxes do not need the extra Kodi addon (Stalker).

What the Stalker does is give a device the ability to hook up to the server. Them Mag and avov and T1 boxes have that ability built onboard and therefore do not need the added Stalker Kodi addon or any other stalker version.
Them boxes will most always have the VOD working.

japgeisha
07-26-2016, 04:03 AM
I see what you man the problem lay on kodi functionality with the iptv. That needed to be fixed if they wish to do that
i tried iptv stalker plus. Configure but give me error vod authorization faild . Hopefully they fix that lot of Poeple they spend money on donation hopefully we get some alternative back bless you brother

ilan
07-26-2016, 04:39 PM
You don't want to run Stalker Client and IPTV Stalker Plus at the same time. Also, you have to add the exact same credentials (Serial, Device ID, etc.) to IPTV Stalker Plus as you have in Stalker Client, because that is what the server expects to see. If you want to try again, I'd disable Stalker Client, click Default in IPTV Stalker Plus and then reconfigure with the exact same credentials you used in Stalker Client.

franknitti
07-29-2016, 01:44 AM
I for one will not be renewing. I've been working on this all day, and I mean all day. I've tried every combination of stalker settings and every idea I could find and have gotten absolutely no where. Support for this is truly lacking.

I see what you man the problem lay on kodi functionality with the iptv. That needed to be fixed if they wish to do that
i tried iptv stalker plus. Configure but give me error vod authorization faild . Hopefully they fix that lot of Poeple they spend money on donation hopefully we get some alternative back bless you brother

ilan
07-29-2016, 01:52 AM
How can you say support is truly lacking when you haven't asked for support?

If you relate what is going on at your end, maybe one of us could help you. Ultimately, though, that is your decision, since you give us nothing to go on.

franknitti
07-29-2016, 02:28 AM
Wow, I really wasn't expecting a response that quick, thank you. Here's what I've got. I'm running Kodi Jarvis 16.1. I've disabled the stalker client. I have pvr filmon client enabled. I'm running iptv stalker plus 10.2.4 I've hit the default and reentered my information Server= rocket11, mac using the last 3 pairs of the ip I have on the donation checker, login and password are set. serial is set to 1234567890abc and device is set to 12344567890defg. And I did a iptv reset before I tried to open the stalker
When I open the program it says custom mac1 is invalid. I've been at it all day with no luck.

How can you say support is truly lacking when you haven't asked for support?

If you relate what is going on at your end, maybe one of us could help you. Ultimately, though, that is your decision, since you give us nothing to go on.

ilan
07-29-2016, 12:30 PM
Even though you set Defaults first, it still sounds like there is a lingering MAC address creating an issue. Do make sure that PVR Stalker Client is disabled (I know you said it is), because if it is configured with different information, it will create a problem. (In fact, I would set Defaults in PVR Stalker Client for added insurance and then disable it.) Now, open IPTV Stalker Plus and set Defaults again. All portals should have 00:00:00 as the MAC address. Next, disable everything, including IPTV Stalker Plus. Go to the Donation Checker and issue an IPTV Reset. Start IPTV Stalker Plus and reconfigure it.

franknitti
07-29-2016, 01:34 PM
Even though you set Defaults first, it still sounds like there is a lingering MAC address creating an issue. Do make sure that PVR Stalker Client is disabled (I know you said it is), because if it is configured with different information, it will create a problem. (In fact, I would set Defaults in PVR Stalker Client for added insurance and then disable it.) Now, open IPTV Stalker Plus and set Defaults again. All portals should have 00:00:00 as the MAC address. Next, disable everything, including IPTV Stalker Plus. Go to the Donation Checker and issue an IPTV Reset. Start IPTV Stalker Plus and reconfigure it.

Ok, I'm very pleased to say that it worked. And I'm a very happy camper! THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

ilan
07-29-2016, 02:04 PM
You're welcome... Enjoy!

franknitti
07-29-2016, 06:30 PM
You're welcome... Enjoy!

You're welcome... Enjoy!
Thanks again for the help. I've another question. I wanted to try the stalker client because I wanted to try the ninja epg. So defaulted out iptv stalker plus and disabled it. I set up the stalker client. Now I get an error message that says unable to load channels. Any ideas for me?

ilan
07-29-2016, 06:45 PM
You need to use the exact same information in Stalker Client. If there are issues, you can try doing an IPTV Reset. However, you only get 3 IPTV Resets in 24 hours, so you are liable to be running close. If you reach the limit of tries and do not have anything working, you can be frozen out for 24 hours. Technically, though, if you use the exact same information, things should work without issue. Make sure there's no mistyping.

franknitti
07-29-2016, 06:53 PM
Wow, I didn't know that either. I'll bet I'm locked out. I've used my 3 today I'm sure.

You need to use the exact same information in Stalker Client. If there are issues, you can try doing an IPTV Reset. However, you only get 3 IPTV Resets in 24 hours, so you are liable to be running close. If you reach the limit of tries and do not have anything working, you can be frozen out for 24 hours. Technically, though, if you use the exact same information, things should work without issue. Make sure there's no mIstyping.

ilan
07-29-2016, 06:59 PM
You have the first characters in your MAC correct, right?

00:1A:78

franknitti
07-29-2016, 07:03 PM
Yes I do,,,,

You have the first characters in your MAC correct, right?

00:1A:78

franknitti
07-30-2016, 09:51 PM
hey ilan. since your so good about getting back to me on here. I've got another question. What's the best way to discreetly pay for numbers? And what's the best price I can get? And how many do I have to buy before I get a price break? And once I buy the number, how long does it take before it's activated?

franknitti
07-30-2016, 10:54 PM
hey ilan. since your so good about getting back to me on here. I've got another question. What's the best way to discreetly pay for donations? And what's the best price I can get? And how many do I have to buy before I get a price break? And once I pay the donation, how long does it take before it's activated?

I meant to say donation instead of numbers, so I edited the post.

robertoan
09-05-2016, 11:37 AM
My stalker plus not working. I tried uninstalling but now I cant install back

ilan
09-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Have you tried rebooting your device first before attempting a re-install? If that doesn't help, you could search for the IPTV Stalker Plus folder in the Add-ons folder and delete it. There's a possibility the uninstall wasn't complete.

If you're trying to install from a repo, there's a chance the file isn't available from the repo for some reason. If that's the case, download the zip that's available from the sticky in the IPTV Stalker (Video add-on) section.

By the way, you should post a few doors up, in the IPTV Stalker (Video add-on) area.

dara
12-31-2016, 06:20 PM
Closing the thread. This epg solution is no longer supported. If that status changes, we'll start a new thread.