PDA

View Full Version : No guide data arriving last couple of days

TVFan
01-29-2016, 05:07 PM
Whoa, a whole new forum and it looks like my first post on this site will be it's earliest post!

I've been using PVR Stalker NFPS for a couple of weeks with no issue. I switched to the 72 hour guide a few days ago to get the detailed information, but as that initial 72 hour load of data came to an end last night, no more guide data appeared. I'm using Kodi 16.0 and PVR Stalker NFPS 1.0.1 on a Windoz PC.

On Kodi startup I get the "Loading channels from clients", "Loading guide from database" and the "Importing Guide data from Clients" messages, but the guide info still stops at last night.

I've tried resetting my MAC on the papiao site, setting the timeout to 50 seconds, toggling TV enabled and PVR Stalker NFPS on and off, and clearing data in both the TV and EPG sections. No joy.

Is there something else I could try?

ilan
01-29-2016, 05:23 PM
Disable both PVR Stalker NFPS and TV. Under TV, clear data in General and in Guide.

In userdata, delete the cache_xmltv.xml file. In userdata/database delete all the tv.db and epg.db files. Some will have numbers, like epg5.db or tv29.db.

Exit and restart Kodi.

Re-enable PVR Stalker NFPS. Re-enable TV.

That should straighten out any issues.

psycon
01-29-2016, 05:24 PM
^ what he said

TVFan
01-29-2016, 06:42 PM
I followed all the instructions above, with the exception of "delete the cache_xmltv.xml" which I can't find. It doesn't appear in Kodi/System/File Manager and a search of C: with Windoze Explorer failed to find the file.

I did delete EPG11.db and TV19.db using both the Kodi File Manger and Windoze but the after all the "Clear Data" clearing, re-enabling and rebooting, the guide still contains yesterday afternoon's data and nothing else.

I do get the "Loading channels from clients", "Loading guide from database" and the "Importing Guide data from Clients" messages on boot, but they are very brief.

hreynoso1
01-29-2016, 06:50 PM
I've been getting "unable to load guide" on fire tv stick for the past 2-3 days. ive delete guide data under tv and guide. thanks if you guys can help

psycon
01-29-2016, 07:01 PM
its either in Kodi>System>File manager>Profile Directory>addon_data>pvr.stalker
or its in Kodi>System>File manager>Profile Directory>addon_data>pvr.stalker.nfps..

you should see a cache xmltv or cache json file in there

delete both and restart..

if it still doesnt work, put kodi in debug mode and pm me a link to your log file using the kodi log uploader program plugin.

TVFan
01-29-2016, 07:30 PM
Thanks psycon, I deleted both cache.xml and epg_xmltv.xml from pvr.stalker.nfps and everything is working fine again. I did not realize that pvr.stalker.nfps was a directory and so did not think to look inside. That's one of the things I love about IPTV: all the stuff you learn.

Thanks for helping me out with this and thanks for all the work you do on this very fun project.

hreynoso1
01-29-2016, 08:02 PM
how do you do that in fire stick or fire tv? thanks

hreynoso1
01-29-2016, 08:39 PM
deleting thru the directory work for you? thanks

psycon
01-29-2016, 08:42 PM
kodi file manager is the easiest..

TVFan
01-29-2016, 09:17 PM
I deleted these files using the Kodi File Manager hreynoso1. As psycon said, it's easier (now that I know how it's structured).

And the OS file manager failed to find a couple of them for some reason.

hreynoso1
01-29-2016, 09:28 PM
@ TVFan thanks man iam going to try it when i get home. after you did that did the guide load up?

TVFan
01-29-2016, 11:03 PM
Yes, everything is working now.

m.ramps
01-30-2016, 12:28 AM
hey guys. I am also having issues with the guide. I tried everything that is suggested here and till no luck. I was not able to delete the epg.db file though

m.ramps
01-30-2016, 12:40 AM
Hi, I am also having issues with the guide. I tried all that is suggested here but no luck

TVFan
01-30-2016, 01:06 AM
I had a little trouble deleting those 2 db files as well. Try deleting one, then exit Kodi, go back and delete the other. Make sure TV and PVR Stalker NFPS are disabled first. Next thing to try would be to use the operating system file manager to delete them.

hreynoso1
01-30-2016, 02:19 AM
where is the epd.db file at? tried everything you said but stuck on "importing guide from clients" Golden Premier 1

TVFan
01-30-2016, 02:51 AM
On my system it's in Kodi>System>File manager>Profile Directory>Database and it's called epg11.db. I also had to delete the TV29.db file.

Your files may be named slightly differently.

expatter
01-30-2016, 07:41 AM
Thanks psycon, I deleted both cache.xml and epg_xmltv.xml from pvr.stalker.nfps and everything is working fine again. I did not realize that pvr.stalker.nfps was a directory and so did not think to look inside. That's one of the things I love about IPTV: all the stuff you learn.

Thanks for helping me out with this and thanks for all the work you do on this very fun project.

Deleting the epg_xmltv.xml file is something I have to do frequently. I tend to leave kodi open all the time and use the same box to surf the web, etc, and when I get to blank data in the epg I delete that file; disable live tv; re-enable live tv, and voila! The fully populated epg.

I never clear my data/cache as I have tailored the pvr to show only 150 channels and made my own groups and don't want to keep doing that. On the rare occasion that the guide doesn't populate, I delete the epg11.db file and disable/enable live tv and that loads the guide.

Just an alternate viewpoint as this works for me every time. :)

psycon
01-30-2016, 08:02 AM
thats odd behavior expatter.. you should not have to delete the epg cache. how often does it go blank, and are u using the 24 or 72 hour version of the guide.. also u using pvr.stalker or pvr.stalker.nfps

Bkman2020
01-30-2016, 04:30 PM
Well i have the same issue

radmacks
01-30-2016, 05:30 PM
Disabling and re-enabling TV on Fire TV box first gen brought my guide back

Hank Venture
01-30-2016, 11:17 PM
Thanks a ton. Worked great, full epg back. You guys rock.

Hustler
02-01-2016, 07:52 PM
Disable both PVR Stalker NFPS and TV. Under TV, clear data in General and in Guide.

In userdata, delete the cache_xmltv.xml file. In userdata/database delete all the tv.db and epg.db files. Some will have numbers, like epg5.db or tv29.db.

Exit and restart Kodi.

I have tried this numerous times but am still getting "Unable to load Guide." error. Made sure I rebooted Kodi before re-enabling Live TV but sill getting the same problem.

Any other tips guys?

Thanks

EDIT:

OK, I have found the source of the problem for possibly some users after some meticulous examination

There is a typo in the XML guide URL given in the guide provided here (http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?13091-How-To-Set-up-Kodi-s-included-pvr-stalker-client-with-epg-ninja).

The URL should be https://papiao.tv/main/EPG...... and not https://papaio.tv/main/EPG...... as mistakenly posted. Everyone please check your guide URLS for this typo.

Hope that helps.

Bkman2020
02-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Used new donation and works perfect.

briguyy
02-02-2016, 10:18 PM
I have tried this numerous times but am still getting "Unable to load Guide." error. Made sure I rebooted Kodi before re-enabling Live TV but sill getting the same problem.

Any other tips guys?

Thanks

EDIT:

OK, I have found the source of the problem for possibly some users after some meticulous examination

There is a typo in the XML guide URL given in the guide provided here (http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?13091-How-To-Set-up-Kodi-s-included-pvr-stalker-client-with-epg-ninja).

The URL should be https://papiao.tv/ and not https://papaio.tv/main/EPG...... as mistakenly posted. Everyone please check your guide URLS for this typo.

Hope that helps.
Hi Your link for the correct URL is down. Can you put it back up or reply with it. Thanks

ilan
02-02-2016, 10:28 PM
This is the link. The correction has been made...

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?13091-How-To-Set-up-Kodi-s-included-pvr-stalker-client-with-epg-ninja

advocate2
02-03-2016, 04:46 PM
I am using pvr.stalker on my Fire TV 1 and Kodi 16 rc2. What conditions would cause Kodi to not create the cache file? Looks like I kept getting hung up on loading Golden Premiere. By making sure the time out on the configuration of pvr.stalker was set to 120 there was enough time to get past the hold up and then all was fine.

Thanks for all the advice on how to get this working properly

Jayloco
02-03-2016, 05:36 PM
I am using pvr.stalker on my Fire TV 1 and Kodi 16 rc2. What conditions would cause Kodi to not create the cache file? Looks like I kept getting hung up on loading Golden Premiere. By making sure the time out on the configuration of pvr.stalker was set to 120 there was enough time to get past the hold up and then all was fine.

Thanks for all the advice on how to get this working properly

I'm running an identical setup with the same issue, even with 120 it's still getting stuck on Golden Premier 1. Unable to load guide every time, I tried all the troubleshooting and it did not help. I sent my debug log via pm to psycon, just waiting on a responce I'm sure he has a ton of PM's. The error I'm reading is ... CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Couldn't resolve host name(6).... ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for https://papio.tv/main/EPG/mac/xxxxx/donation/xxxxxx/fname/NFPSF4..... ERROR: virtual bool XFILE::CFileCache::Open(const CURL&) - failed to open source <https://papio.tv/main/EPG/mac/......Connection-Timeout=120> I left out my user info. Anyone have any ideas?

psycon
02-03-2016, 07:07 PM
sorry. xml guide is still down.. waiting for server to reenable it

ljhookem14
02-03-2016, 10:05 PM
Psycon, I'm running Nvidia Shield and not a computer. I do have ES File Explorer but it's not rooted. Where do I go to delete these files? I know how to get in ES file Explorer DEVICE. Just curious if you're familiar exactly.

kaisr
02-03-2016, 10:09 PM

Is there a timeframe for this?

ljhookem14
02-03-2016, 10:41 PM
On the guide, I hope it's ok to say this, in the meantime of the stalker guide being down, you can use ivue2 guide and there is an option to use the Sc (Stalker Client) for each channel stream. Just hit save on that stream.

advocate2
02-03-2016, 11:48 PM
I'm running an identical setup with the same issue, even with 120 it's still getting stuck on Golden Premier 1. Unable to load guide every time, I tried all the troubleshooting and it did not help. I sent my debug log via pm to psycon, just waiting on a responce I'm sure he has a ton of PM's. The error I'm reading is ... CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Couldn't resolve host name(6).... ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for https://papio.tv/main/EPG/mac/xxxxx/donation/xxxxxx/fname/NFPSF4..... ERROR: virtual bool XFILE::CFileCache::Open(const CURL&) - failed to open source <https://papio.tv/main/EPG/mac/......Connection-Timeout=120> I left out my user info. Anyone have any ideas?

Given that Golden Premiere is the hold up, if you go to System>Settings>TV>manage channels I see that you can eliminate certain channels as well as guide startup for that channel. Try eliminating Golden Premiere from your channel list and guide. Might work.

ljhookem14
02-04-2016, 03:34 PM

psycon, Should we still go in and delete these files now or should we wait for the server to reENABLE the guide?

ljhookem14
02-04-2016, 04:28 PM

Exit and restart Kodi.

psycon, Should we still go in and delete these files now or should we wait for the server to reENABLE the guide?

I went ahead and deleted all the files (TV.db - Epg.db, & cache.xml) and guide still looks down. Is this correct psycon?

Hustler
02-04-2016, 05:11 PM
I went ahead and deleted all the files (TV.db - Epg.db, & cache.xml) and guide still looks down. Is this correct psycon?

Yep, that is correct. You can check if your XML guide url is working by entering the url in your browser and seeing if guide.xml downloads. Currently, it shows up as "Temprary Unavialable" (spelling errors :)), so you know that this is temporarily down and not working. This even shows with an invalid URL like this: https://papiao.is/main/EPG/mac/00:1A:78:xx:xx:xx/donation/xxxxxxxxx/fname/NFPSF3

In the meantime, you can choose "Provider Only" in the Guide section of the default Stalker PVR client settings in Kodi if that is the PVR client you are using.

ljhookem14
02-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Yep, that is correct. You can check if your XML guide url is working by entering the url in your browser and seeing if guide.xml downloads. Currently, it shows up as "Temprary Unavialable" (spelling errors :)), so you know that this is temporarily down and not working. This even shows with an invalid URL like this: https://papiao.is/main/EPG/mac/00:1A:78:xx:xx:xx/donation/xxxxxxxxx/fname/NFPSF3

In the meantime, you can choose "Provider Only" in the Guide section of the default Stalker PVR client settings in Kodi if that is the PVR client you are using.

Thanks Hustler. Not sure why i didn't think about doing that before. My bad.

ljhookem14
02-04-2016, 10:21 PM

Is there a thread that we are supposed to watch to see when it's back to working?

Jayloco
02-05-2016, 12:39 AM

Works perfectly now! Is there a downside to using Provider only?

psycon
02-05-2016, 12:56 AM
provider only loads 5-10 times slower, eats far more ram (crashes boxes with 1gb of ram usally), doesnt have all the channels, and is missing genre color coding, you want the xml one when its back up for sure.

ljhookem14
02-05-2016, 02:28 AM
provider only loads 5-10 times slower, eats far more ram (crashes boxes with 1gb of ram usally), doesnt have all the channels, and is missing genre color coding, you want the xml one when its back up for sure.

Any idea how much longer the guide will be down?

Marley
02-05-2016, 02:47 AM
read announcements please

ljhookem14
02-05-2016, 04:28 AM
read announcements please

Sorry bout that. I try to read as much as I can on here.