PDA

View Full Version : Editted channel list

spinnersp
01-21-2016, 05:57 PM
Was wondering where the custom list is saved.Spent some time editing out chs i don't watch (bit of a pain)and would like to transfer to another install,instead of going through the editing process again.So is there a file I could just copy?

psycon
01-21-2016, 06:27 PM
your TV and EPG database files in userdata/database

spinnersp
01-21-2016, 08:19 PM
Thank you very much

spinnersp
01-22-2016, 04:20 AM
Although this did not work.Copied the epg and tv db files from pc to tablet.Tablet still loaded all channels and guide.

matrixebiz
01-22-2016, 05:45 PM
Yeah, doesn't seem to work. I've tried this many times :(

I've also tried to create a Favorites folder so that I can just put all the channels I watch in there so if I do have to reset data, then I just need to show the Favorites Folder but the Favorites Group folder goes away every time I reboot Kodi plus I have no idea how to put channes in there.

expatter
01-24-2016, 01:53 AM
Yeah, doesn't seem to work. I've tried this many times :(

I've also tried to create a Favorites folder so that I can just put all the channels I watch in there so if I do have to reset data, then I just need to show the Favorites Folder but the Favorites Group folder goes away every time I reboot Kodi plus I have no idea how to put channes in there.

Yes, moving these files doesn't seem to work as we would like, however, if you are in a windows setup, you can use the TV Template Loader or Kodi TV Manager and effect the channel hiding/epg no loading for hidden channels and group management which saves you anywhere from 20 - 30 minutes of your time. It works a treat!

Both of these files can be found in the stickies.