PDA

View Full Version : Question on Provider vs XMLTV

zdcyclops
01-21-2016, 12:06 AM
Running Jarvis 16.0 and Stalker Client 1.0.3 what is the difference between Provider and XMLTV . If I select prefer provider the guide loads even if I leave The remote field blank. If I enter hxxps://papaio.tv/main/EPG/mac/00:1A:7x:xx:xx:xx/donation/xxxxxxxxxxxx/fname/<guide> with my info in place of the xxxxx and select XMLTV the guide loads . If I leave Remote URL blank and select XMLTV Kodi crashes. Do Provider and XMLTV come from the same server. I can load channels and guide but the guide has missing program data and is in black and white.

DarkSide
01-21-2016, 12:09 AM
use the EPG by the Clairvoyants!! you will get more of a complete guide that way

Blackbear199
01-21-2016, 12:48 AM
Running Jarvis 16.0 and Stalker Client 1.0.3 what is the difference between Provider and XMLTV . If I select prefer provider the guide loads even if I leave The remote field blank. If I enter hxxps://papaio.tv/main/EPG/mac/00:1A:7x:xx:xx:xx/donation/xxxxxxxxxxxx/fname/<guide> with my info in place of the xxxxx and select XMLTV the guide loads . If I leave Remote URL blank and select XMLTV Kodi crashes. Do Provider and XMLTV come from the same server. I can load channels and guide but the guide has missing program data and is in black and white.

Provider- The epg info is provided by nfps server.although they use a epg file provided by us they have to map each channel(they dont have them all mapped as you already pointed out).The reason its not colored is they dont send the category information which is used by kodi to colorize the guide.
Xmltv - The epg info is provided by the ********** server and we have all the channels mapped and have category information for most channels so its colored.

zdcyclops
01-21-2016, 04:15 AM
Thanks guys the guide is the EPG by the Clairvoyants. The Provider and XMLTV work like I thought my problem is that the Stalker Client on Jarvis will only load the Provider info, even when set to Prefer XMLTV, when set to XMLTV Only it will not load the guide at all and never times out. I switched to Isengard 15.2 and it can not load the channels. I setup the clients by c&p from a text file so that is not the problem. My setup was fine, they made changes at the server and now everything is FUBAR. I also tried pvr.stalker.nfps-win32 on Jarvis and Isengard and I could get to load the guide but only the 24 hr one. I have no idea how to correct my problems any help would be great. Thanks

psycon
01-21-2016, 05:02 AM
Thanks guys the guide is the EPG by the Clairvoyants. The Provider and XMLTV work like I thought my problem is that the Stalker Client on Jarvis will only load the Provider info, even when set to Prefer XMLTV, when set to XMLTV Only it will not load the guide at all and never times out. I switched to Isengard 15.2 and it can not load the channels. I setup the clients by c&p from a text file so that is not the problem. My setup was fine, they made changes at the server and now everything is FUBAR. I also tried pvr.stalker.nfps-win32 on Jarvis and Isengard and I could get to load the guide but only the 24 hr one. I have no idea how to correct my problems any help would be great. Thanks

put kodi in debug mode and instal the kodi log uploader addon, restart kodi, and pm me the link the log uploader gives you.