PDA

View Full Version : Mag 254

zhong
03-01-2015, 12:36 AM
Just got my Mag 254 yesterday.

Tried out the private server seems to work quite well.

About 60 channels of which a few don't work.

The Mag. 254, do I have to enable anything in settings in order for my older t.v. to work with composite
RCA cables? I don't get any video signal when I use cable/plug for composite, but the hdmi works real well for LCD t.v...

Anybody know anything about getting XBMC to work with the 1 iptvprivate tv server ?
Any straight forward instructions posted anywhere ? Where to download and how to install and to set it up?
Is it one must use some type of Stalker branded software to work ?

I can use Openelec and Windows on p.c. or Android devices.

You know if I set the Mag 254 to lower resolution it won't use as much data band with space as compared if I set it higher ?
I set it as ntsc and as video in video settings. Is that resolution 480i at the moment ?

How do I setup Mag. so it will boot up to inner portal first and let me choose when to go to Private server when I wish to? At the moment it boots me straight to Private server main menu portal.
So it doesn't use up bandwidth space when it is in main menu, until you actually view a video from a channel (after progress bar scans from left to right, right and starts playing the video ?

Thanks

BIO
03-01-2015, 02:26 PM
If you set your resolution too high in settings it will not show on your older tv after. Lower the settings before taking it to the old tv and it should work just fine.

XBMC is not an option for the mag254 so no for the receiver. There is software being used through xbmc to get iptv but you'll need to read the forum for directions. There is also a linux emulator to use since you mention openelec for linux.

The data being sent to you will be the same for each link no matter what your tv settings are sent to. Maybe later on there will again be hd and sd choices so you could choose between them.

Kool answered the last in your duplicate thread. Your choices are to boot to channel or menu and you'll have to live with it. Boot it to menu and it will not rob bandwidth from the start after it boots. Obviously if you set it to boot to a channel you will be using internet

zhong
03-01-2015, 02:51 PM
You know about the buffering value you said in guide you set it at 0 ?
What advantage is there for putting a higher buffering value number ?
Will it slow down the time it will start live video streaming ?

Thanks

If you set your resolution too high in settings it will not show on your older tv after. Lower the settings before taking it to the old tv and it should work just fine.

XBMC is not an option for the mag254 so no for the receiver. There is software being used through xbmc to get iptv but you'll need to read the forum for directions. There is also a linux emulator to use since you mention openelec for linux.

The data being sent to you will be the same for each link no matter what your tv settings are sent to. Maybe later on there will again be hd and sd choices so you could choose between them.

Kool answered the last in your duplicate thread. Your choices are to boot to channel or menu and you'll have to live with it. Boot it to menu and it will not rob bandwidth from the start after it boots. Obviously if you set it to boot to a channel you will be using internet

BIO
03-01-2015, 02:54 PM
It allows part of the show to load into memory before playing. Sure it distorts the time more but allows for unsteady internet a little more. Mine is still set to 0

zhong
03-01-2015, 02:55 PM
I couldn't find any lower resolution settings than 480i. in the settings.

What resolution are we suppose to set it at for composite cable to show video on our older t.v. with rca cables ?

It is like catch 22.

How do I setup video resolution if no video to see to set it ?

I have to use hdmi cable to set to use composite cable for lower resolution t.v.
other wise I won't see it in lower resolution ?

Thanks

BIO
03-01-2015, 02:58 PM
Guess a setting and try it, that's what I would do. NTSC and 720 would be my guess

K00lKatT
03-01-2015, 03:06 PM
did you try disabling auto frame rate and HDMI event reaction??.....worth a try

theuduk
03-01-2015, 07:41 PM
I just set up a mag254 at my daughters house on older tv used the supplied rca cable got the rolling screen and could not get out of it so put on another tv with hdmi and set to ntsc 480i then was ok video quite good for that type of tv.