PDA

View Full Version : Can I Run 2 PVR Clients?

MachineGun
01-01-2016, 04:48 PM
Hey guys,

I have Kodi running on my mini PC, with an external USB TV tuner. I found that the NextPVR client was the only client that really worked for me to pick up live TV channels here in Australia. But what I was wondering is, if I purchase IPTV, can two clients run at the same time in Kodi. NextPVR and the Stalker Client?

I looked through the forum, and it was mentioned, though the discussion got technical and started to go over my head. Saying that perhaps it could, but NOT if I purchase through the NFPS private server.

Any help would be much appreciated.

sat-junkie
01-01-2016, 05:19 PM
sure can run both together and even the pvr simple client

dara
01-01-2016, 08:15 PM
The big 'negative' of running two or more PVRs is that you will lose the original channel numbers from the server (including the internal server you run for NPVR).

MachineGun
01-01-2016, 11:19 PM
Thanks for that guys. So when you say a negative, how exactly? If it just means my channel numbers were ordered differently, i'm not too fussed. The EPG would still work right?

dara
01-02-2016, 02:33 AM
Thanks for that guys. So when you say a negative, how exactly? If it just means my channel numbers were ordered differently, i'm not too fussed. The EPG would still work right?

Some people go to channels based on their server number (or using the OTA number, for local channels). You may see those channels in the correct order depending on the Kodi setting, but they will be numbered sequentially.

MachineGun
01-02-2016, 06:23 AM
Some people go to channels based on their server number (or using the OTA number, for local channels). You may see those channels in the correct order depending on the Kodi setting, but they will be numbered sequentially.

Okay, cool. Thanks Dara. I wanted to make sure I have everything right before I purchase, make everything trouble free as possible. There's nothing worse than buying a new toy and finding you can't use it.

So it wouldn't matter what server I purchase from to run two PVR clients?, NFPS, Rocket etc. They're all the same?

And one last question. The MAC address thing has me a bit confused. In the PDF tutorial, it talks about obtaining your MAC address from your PC or Android box, yet I see you also have MAC address generators. So I don't know if I HAVE to use the MAC address from my PC, or if I can just use the generator to create one.

I typed in CMD, "GETMAC" and my MAC address came up with two 12 digit/number physical addresses. None of them them starting with 78/79.

Example:
Physical Address Transport Name
xx-ff-2a etc Media Disconnected
2a-g4-3s etc \device\TCIP_(827d etc...

dara
01-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Yeah, the channels are the same on the supported servers, so there is no difference, just get rocket. Second question, you are basically making up an address that the server recognises as your own, just has to start with 00:1A:78, and the last 6 are hex-digits.

sat-junkie
01-05-2016, 06:13 PM
I notice the mods and a few others really push to buy rocket why is that?

dara
01-05-2016, 11:18 PM
I notice the mods and a few others really push to buy rocket why is that?

The staffs at the IKS support sites are different, the site that supports NFPS only allows discussion of their server, while the Rocket site allows discussion of both NFPS and Rocket, recognizing that the only real operational difference is branding with the Papiao servers. Most of the staff comes from that Rocket support site. If not for the largess of "Rocket", who sponsors this site and the sister IKS Site, it wouldn't exist.

It's up to the users which server they go to, we'll help here for any supported server, but think of Rocket before the others, please. You won't get that from the official NFPS site, because of their rules... besides, we have more fun.

EiEiOhh
07-01-2016, 07:26 PM
So how does one go about configuring the skin for both PVRs?
I assume NextPVR will have it's own home link and Simple Client it's own.
What should the shortcuts point to?
When I only had NextPVR, "Live TV" automatically showed up on my home screen.

ichpen
07-02-2016, 02:21 PM
Newbie here and apologies for a small hijack of the thread but it's very close to what I'm after.

Is there a way to run 2 stalker PVR clients (or specifically 2 portals) on the same Kodi instance? I know you can get IPTV Simple and PVR Stalker (built in) running at the same time but what about 2 PVR stalker clients (or equivalent hack). I'm subscribed to NFPS as well as another IPTV provider (running stalker middleware) and struggling to figure out if it's possible to aggregate both into the same Kodi Live TV client without having to switch portals and restarting. This is for Kodi 16.1 on Windows.

Appreciate any guidance.

dara
07-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Newbie here and apologies for a small hijack of the thread but it's very close to what I'm after.

Is there a way to run 2 stalker PVR clients (or specifically 2 portals) on the same Kodi instance? I know you can get IPTV Simple and PVR Stalker (built in) running at the same time but what about 2 PVR stalker clients (or equivalent hack). I'm subscribed to NFPS as well as another IPTV provider (running stalker middleware) and struggling to figure out if it's possible to aggregate both into the same Kodi Live TV client without having to switch portals and restarting. This is for Kodi 16.1 on Windows.

Appreciate any guidance.

You can theoretically run the built in Stalker Client and the PVR Stalker NFPS simultaneously, or Stalker Client and the Simple IPTV Client getting served by IPTV Stalker. You would use the Stalker Client for the 'other' service.

ichpen
07-03-2016, 02:06 AM
You can theoretically run the built in Stalker Client and the PVR Stalker NFPS simultaneously, or Stalker Client and the Simple IPTV Client getting served by IPTV Stalker. You would use the Stalker Client for the 'other' service.

Thanks for the quick response. For some reason have not been able to get Simple Client working (even managed by the epg ninja service - nothing comes up but probably user error on my part) but I do have the nfps stalker installed. Will give it a whirl. By theoretically I assume you've not attempted this. :)

dara
07-03-2016, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the quick response. For some reason have not been able to get Simple Client working (even managed by the epg ninja service - nothing comes up but probably user error on my part) but I do have the nfps stalker installed. Will give it a whirl. By theoretically I assume you've not attempted this. :)

Why would I need a different server? LOL!

I know that the built-in Stalker Client and Simple Client will work together, not too sure about the Stalker Client/ Stalker NFPS client combination. PVR Clients are also 'cloneable', but don't mess with that. The problem you will have is keeping track of channels as you will lose server numbering.

ichpen
07-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Why would I need a different server? LOL!

I know that the built-in Stalker Client and Simple Client will work together, not too sure about the Stalker Client/ Stalker NFPS client combination. PVR Clients are also 'cloneable', but don't mess with that. The problem you will have is keeping track of channels as you will lose server numbering.

Thanks boss. I'll give way whirl tonight and report back. I have no idea how channel numbering will work out. Should be fun.

ichpen
07-05-2016, 09:21 PM
So update, it does work with 2 clients. The channel numbering though leaves a lot to the imagination (seems to index channels as it reads them from both clients) so I'm going to be reverting to a single client. Now if there was a way to create a shortcut and guide for each client and load on demand it would be perfect.