PDA

View Full Version : Found new trick !

Lowteck
12-23-2015, 05:20 PM
I do not know if it has already been documented before or not. I haven't seen it. I have my mac registered to KODI in my vixo 2. I used to like the ivue guide but I got the stalker client to work and I really like to do my channel surfing through the live TV in KODI. Earlier today in changing channels I hit the right arrow button by accident. At this point everytime I hit the up or down arrow, it would page up or down a whole page of channels. To get out of this function I had to hit the right arrow twice. The first would bring up the menu options to the left and the second would put the up/down button to one channel at a time. This makes the channel surfing a lot faster. -- A true benefit! Enjoy! For those with other boxes with their account through KODI, try this also, it may work!

tuxen
12-26-2015, 02:02 AM
actually holding select down in kodi 16 should get you this menu, not right pressing. right press will try to seek, unless you use a custom keymap I think you can find on this forum. I think you accidentally hold select while pressing right landing you on the scroll up/down bar or unknowingly installed a keymap file and maybe the double press could be a combination of the two. I dont know what version you are on.

on my system (no keymap) holding select brings up the channel list with the current channel selected and if I press up/down its a channel at the time, pressing right takes me to the scroll bar and up/down is now a page at the time.

another hint in kodi 16 long press select in the gui and the context menu comes up, you can make any button long press now btw.

anyways both good for newcomers and ppl with limited remotes/lazy fingers. :) needles to say longpress only works on kodi 16.

tuxen
12-26-2015, 03:17 AM
sorry corrected my post, got confused as i'm not home but on the way home in the middle of the night on the subway with 4 dodgy looking fellas.. lol
you can look in userdata/keymaps and see if you have anything there btw.

Lowteck
12-26-2015, 07:17 PM
Actually it works like I said on KODI 15.2. I have also used in in KODI on another brand of boxes. So I now know that it is a KODI function if only on 15.2.