PDA

View Full Version : Is there any backend to record shows through Stalker?

dinkish
12-01-2015, 08:05 AM
After looking into it, I realize that Nextpvr wouldn't be an option, however I figured I'd ask if there was any current pvr addon that would allow for that possibility with Stalker in mind? I'm running a windows 7 system.

It's a shot in the dark, but it's really the only feature I am left craving.

Thanks,
-D

sat-junkie
12-01-2015, 12:44 PM
no you can't record eaasily it's possible but takes some knowelege and different programs to achieve...it's really not worth recording anything becasue the content is avalible within a few hours arter airing anyways with the kodi addons

Alucard
12-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Well most TV shows and movies can be found using other plugins like Genesis, Phoenix, and others alike. No need for recording.

MrX4000
12-01-2015, 08:09 PM
This is just MHO nothing more ... but I'd like to see the recording option as well :)

rcm4453
01-13-2016, 02:12 AM
Me too!!! To those who say recording is not needed that is only true for mainstream popular shows. There are lots of shows/documentaries you will not find to stream with any of the popular TV Add-ons within Kodi. You could then argue why even have IPTV if you can just stream everything with Kodi Add-ons?

psycon
01-13-2016, 02:29 AM
kodi cant record itself.. it is not made to do so.. it tells backend servers to do the recording, nothing more.... you can use other backends if you buy a tv tuner card, set up a backend server machine with that tv tuner and appropriate software, and plug a mag or other kodi box into that tv tuner... seems like a lot of headache...

ppl also forget their iptv account also comes with IKS access.. buy yourself a FTA receiver capable of IKS and PVR and dish and set it up to do recording if you really need it that bad..

rcm4453
01-13-2016, 04:37 AM
kodi cant record itself.. it is not made to do so.. it tells backend servers to do the recording, nothing more.... you can use other backends if you buy a tv tuner card, set up a backend server machine with that tv tuner and appropriate software, and plug a mag or other kodi box into that tv tuner... seems like a lot of headache...

ppl also forget their iptv account also comes with IKS access.. buy yourself a FTA receiver capable of IKS and PVR and dish and set it up to do recording if you really need it that bad..

I would love to go the FTA receiver route but my new apartment faces east. Where I used to live I did FTA for many years and it was so easy to record with FTA receivers. Unless there is ever eastern arc support again (which I highly doubt) I'm stuck with IPTV until I move. Why can't the MAG record to a usb hard drive just like FTA receivers do? I don't like watching live TV, I'm too used to fast forwarding through all the commercials, so much better! I like oddball, off the wall programming, stuff you won't find to stream so recording is a must for me. I've been looking into the TV tuner/video capture option and so far from everything I've read no one has gotten it to work with live IPTV. Works well with a cable TV or OTA type setup but no luck with IPTV as far as I know.

psycon
01-13-2016, 04:59 AM
if using a tv tuner from mag or kodi box.. and set up right there should be no issues recording,, it would be jsut like recording any other video source at that point.. if people cant get it to work they are doing something wrong with the tuner setup..

expatter
01-13-2016, 07:36 PM
I also don't particularly care for live tv, especially from the states but don't really mind all that much when watching UK channels as they don't seem to have all the stuff I detest about commercials. I really am enjoying the programming on those channels and for an even better experience, the sheer amount of stuff available on catch up from the UK is AMAZING. I just fire up my VPN and a whole new world opens up and can be enjoyed VOD with no commercials. I have found so many things I never knew existed before. After VOD I don't know why anybody would ever want to watch live tv for most things. One reason perhaps is that many people don't know that there are alternatives that are much better viewing experiences.

rcm4453
01-13-2016, 10:35 PM
if using a tv tuner from mag or kodi box.. and set up right there should be no issues recording,, it would be jsut like recording any other video source at that point.. if people cant get it to work they are doing something wrong with the tuner setup..

Ok this is good to know, I will do some more research. After lots of Google searching and searching YouTube for how tos I'm not finding much when it comes to recording IPTV. Most just talk about a cable TV or OTA setup. The part that seems hard is setting up the guide and configuring the live IPTV channels in the PVR software. There was a really good You Tube video I watched showing how to setup recording in Kodi but it wasn’t for IPTV channels. Many people asked how to do it with stalker IPTV in the comments section and the poster of the video responded by saying you can’t do it with stalker IPTV. You would think somebody in the know would have posted a step-by-step somewhere on the net if this was possible, as everything else that’s possible is out there. I know some just use an HDMI capture card or external DVR but then you will have to setup manual timers for everything like back in the VCR days. I want a fully integrated setup where you can record shows directly from the EPG and setup series recordings. The problem is the TV tuners on the market don’t do IPTV, they do cable TV and OTA. You say to use the MAG as the tuner which makes sense but how will it work within Kodi? There’s no add-ons that I’m aware of that will let you use a MAG in Kodi. Hardware and software have to integrate together so not sure how the MAG could fit into the equation? Wish the MAG would just record to a USB hard drive just like most FTA receivers do. It wouldn’t be that hard all the necessary hardware is there already to do it.

psycon
01-13-2016, 10:42 PM
should be straigt forward... get a mag and a tuner card with IR blaster.. set it up so the tuner can change the channels on the mag with the ir blaster..

im not sure if it would work well, but then use something like nextpvr and the nexpvr plugin in kodi to load the channels back into your kodi box...

the real how to is anyones guess.. no ones tried... if you got all teh gear maybe you can figure it out and make a how-to guide.

rcm4453
01-14-2016, 12:35 AM
I thought about the IR blaster method with the MAG, this would be the simplest solution. One small problem…..what do you do about channel mapping? The tuner card will not have channel/EPG data when using stalker IPTV as it’s a proprietary channel lineup. Any tuner card software is only going to be good for cable/satellite/OTA channel lineups/EPG data. Now if you can manually make your own channel lineup within the tuner card software then you’re in business! Otherwise I’m back to square one with needing to set manual timers for EVERYTHING I record and I don’t feel like reliving the VCR era.

I looked into nextpvr because it has a nice PVR Kodi plugin but then when looking closer at the setup within Kodi there was nothing for custom IPTV channel lineups. Plus what will I use as an IPTV tuner? All the tuners compatible with nextpvr only do cable/OTA. I’m thinking I will have to wait until the AVOV or MAGs get recording capabilities. There’s not a huge demand for it since most people watch mainstream popular shows which can easily be streamed with Kodi TV add-ons so it might be a long time, if ever.

psycon
01-14-2016, 01:04 AM
these are all questions your going to have to figure out.. no one has bothered doing that yet..

rcm4453
01-14-2016, 03:56 AM
The IR blaster tuner card controlling the MAG could potentially somewhat work. Most of the U.S. English channels on the IPTV channel list are the same as Dish channel lineup. You then select Dish as your provider when setting up your tuner card and it would give you that EPG data. This would sorta work, better then nothing I guess. Hauppauge TV tuners have software for learning/mapping the buttons on your set top box remote (MAG in this case).