PDA

View Full Version : hey guys

Rudeboytrini
11-22-2015, 08:30 PM
I install 0.7.04 apk STB Emulator and not getting channels I got kodi working for some time now only problem I got with kodi is I don't get a menu to see what is playing
I use same mac what I have on kodi is I missing something else ?

big dady
11-23-2015, 03:33 AM
What is it doing

eureka
11-23-2015, 04:52 AM
It's possible to do, but a word of warning - the guide on the stb emu is out by an hour or two depending on your location which results in your guide in Kodi also being out (possibly by different amounts depending on channels) as there seems to be an association between the two, presumably due to the MAC or donation number.

You'll have to start with a fresh MAC linked to your donation & configure the emulator first. With the two configured the only way you'll be able to get your Kodi guide accurate again will be to link a new MAC.

To configure emulator: (See relevant sticky/thread for full set up instructions), but to achieve what you want to achieve:

- use new MAC address & configure correct portal settings
- edit the existing serial number to a new one (you'll also use that when you get around to configuring Kodi)
- uncheck 'Use MAC-based device ID'
- edit the existing long device ID that's already there to a shorter one (you'll also use that as 'Device ID' when you get around to configuring Kodi)
- check 'Send Device ID'

When configuring Kodi use the same MAC address, serial number & device id as you did above. For device id2 & signature use the exact same value that you used for device id. In other words your device id, device id2 & signature will all be identical.

The fact that the emulator guide is inaccurate puts me off using it, but it's handy to use it if you want access to the VODs every now & then so it's a bit of a catch 22. Some users don't seem to mind the tv guide being out by an hour or two but for me I prefer it to be accurate, plus the Kodi guide (PVR Client/Live TV feature) is a lot more user friendly with more features, & for most it's a matter of choosing one or the other rather than using both. It's not worth all the bother to use both IMO, even if it's just to access the VODs as it's a lot less hassle to view them through Genesis or whatever.

Reminder: If you decide to stop using the emulator in order to get an accurate Kodi guide you'll have to change your MAC & other credentials in your Kodi PVR Stalker Client configuration.