PDA

View Full Version : When Jarvis debuts will all hell break loose?

Autoroam
11-19-2015, 07:45 PM
It took a few weeks and I finally seem to have got the measure of Kodi 15.2 ….everything including IPTV is running ok.

When the new Kodi comes out should one be in a hurry to upgrade? Will there be all sorts of broken add ons and extra re-configuring to do on pvr stalker to get iptv to work.

I do not think I could handle the stress of going through that again.

dara
11-19-2015, 08:07 PM
If you are running Kodi on a PC, its pretty easy to copy the "special" Kodi folder before doing the upgrade. Once you do that you can find out what works and what doesn't. After my upgrade, found that the 'stalker' addons do work, after you make the change to the portal url for the pvr.stalker to the non-directed URL. There is an issue with the PVR IPTV Simple client that won't play the served list from IPTV Stalker, but I think that's minor as it isn't a recommended method. I did have a compatibility issue with the CCM Helix skin with Jarvis (ya think?), so I downgraded it back to 15.2. Jarvis does handle skins differently than previous versions... keeping the skin settings in the userdata/addon_data/ folder instead of guisettings.xml, so I had to restore that individual file to use that particular skin.

Alucard
11-19-2015, 11:12 PM
Unless you are using the default skin, you may have skin issues too. I tried it and it hosed up my Aeon Nox Silvo skin. So I am sticking with 15.2 until the skin is updated to work with 16.

eureka
11-20-2015, 08:26 AM
I'd hazard a wild guess that the major problems that will result will be codec issues. I read over on KodiTips that a lot of the cheaper entry level android devices will be rendered next to useless due to the fact that libstagefright won't be supported in Jarvis. MediaCodec will be the only supported audio/video codec.

I'm surprised that there aren't more heavily discounted 'bargain' boxes flooding the market if the above is the case.

psycon
11-20-2015, 09:41 AM
pvr.stalker and pvr.stalker.nfps both work fine in kodi 16.. you do need to use the full portal url instead of the short 11.iptvprivateserver.tv url as the plugin no longer supports redirect urls..

As said above, most current skins are no longer supported and need to be updated. best is to switch to Confluence before upgrade and it will uninstall all incompatible skins..
I upgraded with Amber installed, it wanted to uninstall it, i didnt let it. seems to be working fine for me.

crazed 9.6
11-20-2015, 09:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sky1tt8vLA<br />
so much fun I have :)

crazed 9.6
11-20-2015, 10:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26wrvblgGP0

crazed 9.6
11-20-2015, 10:15 AM
gripping your pillow tight.. Off to never land..
crank it
exit life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD-E-LDc384

xechostormx
11-20-2015, 03:13 PM
Just installed the beta on PC here using the default theme and yeah, no issues at all except changing the stalker URL to portal.iptvprivateserver.tv/stalker_portal/c/index.html like was mentioned above. (Thanks for that!) - The guide seems to take an extraordinarily long time to load, but that could just be because i cleared data. No real noticeable changes here, which is a good thing since they have rewritten large parts of the code.