PDA

View Full Version : Dana White: Anderson Silva's positive steroid test 'screwed me up'

jetta
02-15-2015, 09:47 PM
Dana White: Anderson Silva's positive steroid test 'screwed me up'

January was one of the best months in UFC history. The company scored two monster pay-per-view buy rates, strong ratings for UFC on FOX 14 as well as Conor McGregor's win over Dennis Siver. Yet, a number of positive drug tests tainted some of the celebrations.

Arguably perhaps the most high-profile positive test for performance-enhancing drug use came when it was revealed former UFC middleweight champion and all-time great Anderson Silva tested positive for two steroids in an out-of-competition, pre-fight drug test.

UFC brass hadn't directly addressed the media about it, but UFC President Dana White was asked about it at the post-fight press conference for Saturday's UFC Fight Night 60. According to him, the news of Silva testing positive deeply affected him.

"It screwed me up for a few days," White said of learning Silva had tested positive for steroids. "I was messed up for a few days after that. I've been a huge Anderson Silva fan, too, but we'll talk about that on Wednesday.," he told reporters.

"I'll see you on Wednesday in Vegas."

According to statements made in a post-event Fox Sports 1 interview, White and UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta plan to hold a press conference to address the recent spate of positive drug tests among other select issues. White further discussed what that event will entail.

"Lots of bad shit," White said of the topics to be discussed. "We're not going to be talking about fun things. We'll address all the things that have happened lately and what we're going to do and what's going to happen from here on out."