Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Here is what I did to copy and paste the EPG URL into the EPG URL slot, thru the MOL2 Playlist option.
    I understand that you know most of these steps and my explaining may look overboard, but it is there as a complete step by step walk thru for all of us
    I also understand that Shooty had it's basics on what is outlined below, figured earlier and that got me going in right direction... and as well I see the confusion was on how to get that PASTE function to appear on the EPG URL line (which was the wireless mouse that helped with that).
    Thnx guys..... and here it is...

Install ES File Explorer .. it can be found in your Market under the 'ETC' category.
    On your desktop create a text document (Notepad doc) and name it anything you want.
    Open it and paste the EPG URL that you want added to the Playlist slot.
    Transfer that text file onto USB drive and insert into T3.
    Open the ES File Explorer on your T3.
    You should see your USB storage device.
    Look below at the table of options for the Note Editor and open it.
    Up to this point I have been using the T3 remote, but these next steps work better with an attached mouse to your T3.

Once the Note Editor has been opened it will show any text file's content.
    You should see your full EPG URL that you pasted earlier.
    Up top in the Tool Bar is an Edit function, Click it.
    Then highlight the URL line with your mouse function, and then double tab the line. Two edit balloon tools should appear... Expand the two balloons to capture the complete line.
    Up in the toolbar again is a Copy option. Click it.

Exit ES Explorer and open MOL2 and open a new Playlist slot.
    Highlight the EPG URL slot, and with the onscreen keyboard removed.....
    This next step requires a wireless mouse attached. I have tried in many ways with the supplied remote but have found only the wireless mouse works for this (or a wireless keyboard would too I suppose).
    Ok, with the EPG line highlighted with the blinking text cursor, right click (or was that left click) and hold the mouse button, while hovering over that line.
    A balloon edit tool will appear and the PASTE option will also appear too.
    Select PASTE and your previously copied URL will appear.

This same method can be used to add a Playlist URL, if that is the way you are connecting.

If anyone knows of a way to copy the URL to T3 clipboard or emulated storage and paste from there, please do tell ... that would eliminate the need for the ES File Explorer.
    Thnx

*added note.....
    If you are doing this same process for the Server URL, then you must press the Connect option after that line has been entered. Pressing the Connect will save the server slot with that URL entered.
    You need to do this because once you enter the Server URL and then open the ES File Explorer to do this process with the EPG URL, your server slot and info already entered will be lost because it was not first saved.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 09-11-2019 at 01:13 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    If anyone knows of a way to copy the URL to T3 clipboard or emulated storage and paste from there, please do tell ... that would eliminate the need for the ES File Explorer.
    Thnx
    Here is an example how to do this using kens guide url;

Code:
    https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kens13/epg/master/guide_ks.xml
    Open a text editor, then click "Save As".
    For the File name, Paste in the EPG url, then change the illegal filename characters ( : and / ), to ( - ), or (leave them out).
    Your Filename will be like this;
    Code:
    https-raw.githubusercontent.com-kens13-epg-master-guide_ks.xml
    Save file and copy to your USB stick.
    When you click the EPG Folder in the T3, select the file from the usb stick.
    The resulting file location will be something like this;
    Code:
    storage/emulated/0/external/https-raw.githubusercontent.com-kens13-epg-master-guide_ks.xml
    Click the text and delete the "storage/emulated/0/external/", then change the " - " to " / "or to the omitted characters ( :// ).
    Click save

thats not gonna work Shooty

I see what you are outlining and I have tried that. But you cannot use a text file if you want it to open thru the Folder icon. It must be an .m3u file
    Adding the URL as the name of the file is a good idea,but unfortunately the EPG line will read it as an .m3u file extension and even thou we can show the URL (after adding them illegal characters) it will not open the EPG URL as it is not text but is a file with the .m3u extension.
    I tried it the other day and the EPG does not populate when doing it this way (with the .m3u file and it's name copied to the line).
    TVLarry touched on this in an earlier post too.

Another stepping block is that you can not use the Folder icon on the EPG URL as it does not open to your files, weather or not they are .m3u or .txt files.
    But you can use the Folder icon on the VODs URL line and then once that .m3u file name (the EPG URL) is shown on the line, you can copy that and paste onto the EPG URL line... But as tested, it does not work because it is still an .m3u file.
    It has to be an .m3u file or the MOL2 will not recognize it at all., and will not be seen in that Folder unless it is an .m3u file extension. Text files are not recognized at all when dealing with these playlist URL and them folder icons.

That is the reason I used the ES File Explorer.
    I was able to add the EPG URL to a txt document and then open that doc on ES Explorer and thus copy the txt URL (in full) from there and paste that onto the MOL's EPG URL line.

Sounds confusing with my explanation, sorry about that,,,, but in reality it is not too confusing

It seems to be a long process if you glance at my previous directions, but it is actually rather easy and simple.
    But it would be simpler if we could somehow copy that txt URL to the T3 internal storage and then paste it onto EPG URL line from there.
    Or simpler yet would be for that folder icon on the EPG URL line would open txt files

I am gonna ask my buddy to create a ytube video for this process and I will post the link here when it is completed
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 09-06-2019 at 12:44 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Is the You Tube finished and up as of now??

Quote Originally Posted by bugmeso View Post
    Is the You Tube finished and up as of now??
    work in progress
    But actually the progress stopped due to loss of the function to take screenshots of the T3 menus
    Check the thread linked below for more on that
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...T3-Screenshots

We will be trying other methods for a video thou, without having to use screenshots function.

But read post #11 again on this thread, it does explain the procedure, might be a bit confusing at the amount of info that is there to read, but the process is rather simple to do
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 09-11-2019 at 01:20 AM.
    - Frank Zappa

can you do a backup settings to a file?
    (copy then edit file and use to restore)
    just a thought!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12