Register
    TV Addicted

How it works better?

Hi,

Last time I had this service it had a MAG254 and had service with MAC address. Now I'm using Dreamlink T2 using username and pass, no MAC.

Looks different. Does it makes a difference if I use MAC address instead of user and pass?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aztheroth View Post
    Hi,

Last time I had this service it had a MAG254 and had service with MAC address. Now I'm using Dreamlink T2 using username and pass, no MAC.

Looks different. Does it makes a difference if I use MAC address instead of user and pass?
    What app are you using on that T2 ?

If it were the MOL2 app then you would need to attach your MAC, but do not need the credentials added (username and password).
    If it were the App from the service, the Official app (Kokaleka TV), then the username and password is how it works, yes.

Try it both ways to see what differences you may see
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

ohh I had forgotten about this. And yes you can use the MOL2 with credentials only and leave the MAC alone.
    Dara had reported this sometime ago... I had forgotten

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...edentials-only
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    I'm using the DOL2. Is MOL2 a different one? Where can I get the Kokakela TV? To compare both

Quote Originally Posted by aztheroth View Post
    I'm using the DOL2. Is MOL2 a different one? Where can I get the Kokakela TV? To compare both
    I am sorry bud. I had been mixed up on this thread since I first read it.
    All my own fault, I think I may be over-tired or something

It is the T3 that has the MOL2
    Your T2 has the DOL2 , which is correct.

Kokakela TV
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...l-Android-Apps
    - Frank Zappa

DOL & MOL are built-in programs that use the Stalker(Ministra) communication and authorization protocol, requiring as the "Key", the STB device's MAC#.
    The Kokakela TV program uses the Xtream Codes API, which uses your ID/ PW as login authorization (Playlist method).
    Setting your account to one or the other, will make it impossible to log in to the Server using the other method, so, as the setup instructions specify for the
    Kokakela TV App., you have to remove your MAC#, to use it.

DOL/MOL Pros;
    - Retains the proper channel numbering structure.
    DOL/MOL Cons;
    - Use on multiple devices requires IPTV Resetting of your account.

Kokakela TV Pros;
    - Use on multiple devices, concurrently, requires no user account intervention.
    Kokakela TV Cons;
    - Loss of Channel numbering structure (Channels start at 1,2,3 ...etc. and any additions /deletions to the channel lineup, will change the numbers accordingly).

Just FYI!

TV Addicted
    Thank you guys for the info. Tried both and guess I'm staying with DOL2. Like better that UI.