Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running Apps ?

TV Addicted

Running Apps ?

How can one tell which apps are running in the background? Can you selectively turn them off and how? Cheers

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I thought there was a way to show all running apps in a small window or a scroll type order on Home/Launcher screen.
    But seems I can not find that again, maybe I was mistaken

You can use the Settings menu too.
    Settings > Apps > Recently Opened Apps
    Click on any app in that menu to bring up functions (Open, Force Stop, Clear Cache and etc).

To close all applications at once, press the Home button 3 or 4 times.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Thanks I seen that but at least to me its not clear which are actually running in the background or are ALL the recently Opened apps running? Cheers

Sure you can. turn on mouse courser and try to drag mouse from top to bottom then you will see some button will pop up in the bottom. Then click third button from the right next to camera icon which looks like stop button. You will see all running apps/screen. Just close whatever you like from there.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by bigivn View Post
    Thanks I seen that but at least to me its not clear which are actually running in the background or are ALL the recently Opened apps running? Cheers
    Yea, I am seeing the same as you.
    You can not tell which are currently open or closed thru that function.
    Some recently opened apps may have been closed but still listed in the 'Recently Opened' category.

I checked your File Manager + you had mentioned the other day, but it did not help. I did not expect it to thou, since we are dealing with apps and not files.

Seems to me that ES Explorer had some functions that dealt with apps... BUT that ES Explorer became messed up with adds and rubbish once it was sold umpteen dozen times
    FX Explorer is similar to ES Explorer was but without all the rubbish.
    You could check that if it has app editing abilities.
    Kinda of a confluent way around things thou

lol, sorry about that last bit there.. I could not help myself
    All in god fun my friend
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Sure you can. turn on mouse courser and try to drag mouse from top to bottom then you will see some button will pop up in the bottom. Then click third button from the right next to camera icon which looks like stop button. You will see all running apps/screen. Just close whatever you like from there.
    look at that !!
    Thnx Ryu
    - Frank Zappa

You can access that Navigation Bar thru Utilities menu as well, then the Bar stays on-screen for you.

I knew I had seen how to do this before, but darn if I could remember how
    thnx again Ryu
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    look at that !!
    Thnx Ryu
    I knew Boss will love it
    and you were not mistaken at all, its just you help too much and its slips through your mind temporarily thats where Ryu jumps in
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    You can access that Navigation Bar thru Utilities menu as well, then the Bar stays on-screen for you.
    yes thats what you call it navigation bar. sorry for my poor English
    no worries Boss. its my pleasure and you know that Ryu loves it

maybe we need a stick thread for this.

How to manually close running apps on Buzz 4000 series.

drag mouse course from top to bottom until you see a navigation bar. you can also access navigation bar from utilities menu as well.
    In navigation bar click on third icon from the right next to camera which looks like stop button. all running apps will popup.
    just close whatever app you want to close.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast