Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: edit their m3u

edit their m3u

Has anyone tried to edit their m3u by removing some groups, channels, creating groups, then saving the edited m3u on usb drive load on T3 ? I have tried 2 different editors and for some reason I am losing the ppv links and all VOD. Any help out there on this one ? What m3u editor is everybody using ?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tvlarry View Post
    Has anyone tried to edit their m3u by removing some groups, channels, creating groups, then saving the edited m3u on usb drive load on T3 ? I have tried 2 different editors and for some reason I am losing the ppv links and all VOD. Any help out there on this one ? What m3u editor is everybody using ?
    You had posted this in the XR4000 forum, but I see that you mention T3
    So I moved the post into Dreamlink T3 forum. I hope that was correct.

I use Windows Notepad Text Editor
    But try this...
    Once you load the Playlist onto the T3 and have it open on-screen, then use the VOD button on your remote and see if that shows all the channels.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Sometimes editing a m3u list can cause your channels not work properly due to channel changes, I would just leave it the way it is.
    Lets Go !

Try this Editor
    Download link
    Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/1x03cru12lzkqy3/m3ueditor_setup.exe/file
    *If you pay for the full version, you can store up to 3 Playlists on thier Server and access w/url address.

Thanks Shooty, I will check it, the limit on 3 m3u's is no good for me, I have many to edit & maintain, I need a program to download and use with unlimited restrictions. People want these Latino channels removed from all the Groups and they want new groups of their own as do I. I found one the other day called E-Channelizer which did the job but it removed the station logo's and I am still trying to figure out how to link them back up. thanks for your help!

Thanks Shooty, I will check it, the limit on 3 m3u's is no good for me, I have many to edit & maintain, I need a program to download and use with unlimited restrictions. People want these Latino channels removed from all the Groups and they want new groups of their own as do I. I found one the other day called E-Channelizer which did the job but it removed the station logo's and I am still trying to figure out how to link them back up. thanks for your help!
    You misunderstood.
    you can edit as many as you want and save them locally.
    the 3 slots are if you need to have a url for a certain program that will only accept a remote url.
    ie; make a VOD playlist for your t3

Yes Shooty it works ! Didnt need the licensed version so far. Its a little slow because I have not found a way to highlight a whole line of channels to delete, you have to do one at a time unless you know a way. But the PPV's and VOD's were not affected. Nice one. Do you know if there is a way to just edit the URL Main Path & sub so we dont have to edit every single m3u sub channel by channel ? I owe you a beer or something for sure...

Yes Shooty it works ! Didnt need the licensed version so far. Its a little slow because I have not found a way to highlight a whole line of channels to delete, you have to do one at a time unless you know a way. But the PPV's and VOD's were not affected. Nice one. Do you know if there is a way to just edit the URL Main Path & sub so we dont have to edit every single m3u sub channel by channel ? I owe you a beer or something for sure...
    Those are the 2 things lacking I noted, but deleting groups is easy, and channels are just a click and a scroll.
    I use Notepad++ for all editing tasks I perform.
    Find and Replace function will do what you want.

***Just an FYI,
    Be aware that many of the VOD titles will have a comma ( , ) as in "Munsters, go Home".
    This is a listing error of the Providers, and will cause many programs to show the Movie name as "go home".
    *m3u format dictates that Immediately after the 1st comma, is the Title.

ok understand and thank you again.

I copied the edited m3u from your editor to Notepad then was able to search & replace the logins and replace with others, very easy.

Can you run the edited m3u on Notepad directly to the T3 by renaming it as a m3u rather than a .txt? I did not try it so I copied it back to your editor then saved it again it worked fine that way.

ok understand and thank you again.

I copied the edited m3u from your editor to Notepad then was able to search & replace the logins and replace with others, very easy.

Can you run the edited m3u on Notepad directly to the T3 by renaming it as a m3u rather than a .txt? I did not try it so I copied it back to your editor then saved it again it worked fine that way.
    You save it as a normal text file (file format), but add the extension ( .m3u ) after the file name. (ie; playlist.m3u )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast