donation number, portal URL, Nickname, IPTV ID, etc

I read that I can skip the Nickname and Portal URL...but when I cursor through them (half the battle is figuring out what each character on the virtual keyboard accomplishes), it asks questions about the EPG, and I don't see any cells to type in the receiver ID or donation number. My donation email contains two long strings of alphanumeric characters, one containing nfps, and one containing iptv, neither of which I see being used anywhere. I've looked for a tutorial on these screens, but come up blank. The more I read, the confuseder I get...can someone link me to a tutorial on these screens? I set up my T2 a few years ago, but my forgetter works better than my rememberer.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Open the MOL2 app.
    If this is first time opening the MOL2, you will see two options (Add Portal and Add Playlist), Click on the Add Portal option and another screen will appear with the same two options, (Add Portal and Add Playlist).
    You should see an ID shown here at top right of the screen. That is your MOL2 MAC ID.
    It will have 12 digits with the first 6 digits shown as 00:1a:79
    At the bottom of the screen it will show your Dreamlink's MAC ID, which is not needed for what we want.

Now before we go any further, you need to decide weather to attach that MAC ID to your code or use your code without the MAC ID attached.
    If you use it without a MAC ID attached then your EPG may be a little messed up (channel numbers will be off set).

Lets attach the MAC and to do that you need to visit the nfps website
    Code:
    https://iptvprivateserver.is/
    Open that website and then open the Donation Checker option.
    Here you will need to enter your donation numbers.
    The top line would be the Order number, which is 16 digits (or perhaps more digits depending where and how the code was purchased). You could also use your email here in this line instead of the 16 digit number.
    The second line is the 12 digit donation number (this is not the 12 digit MAC ID number but is the 12 digit number NFPS sent you with your donation code. That one number/code is both your user ID and Password).

Then click the 'I AM Not a Robot' box and wait for it to take its course and then click the 'Search Donation' option seen at bottom right.
    The next page that appears will have lots of info included, like your server URL (which is that URL that ends with .tv)
    There is also a place to add MAC, so add your 00:1a:79 MAC ID here.
    Then the page will change back to that log in page. So log in again and this time once you are back on that info page, you will see your MAC that you added and this time make sure that your Country is set here on this info page, and then look for the IPTV Reset option and click that.
    It will exit you out again and that is fine.
    Exit the website now., because we are done here.

Then back into your MOL2 server setup screen.

Open 'Add Portal'

Portal Nickname = anything you want. Name it something simple so you do not have to type alot of letters.
    Once you have named it, either press the Exit button on your remote will remove the keyboard and then scroll down to the next line and press OK to bring keybaord back, or click the funny looking arrow on the keyboard. That arrow will advance you to the next line. It can be seen just below the P key and to the right of the L key.

Or press Exit on Remote at anytime to remove that onscreen keyboard and then scroll to the next line with Remote and press OK to bring back keyboard.

Portal URL = this is the server URL.
    If you are using nfps then the URL Portal would be one of many that they have.
    Code:
    http://p1.iptvprivateserver.tv
    or
    http://p2.iptvprivateserver.tv
    or
    http://p3.iptvprivateserver.tv 
    and etc...
    Once your Portal URL has been added, press Exit on Remote Control. then scroll down the page till you see the Connect option. High light that and press OK.
    If everything went correctly, it should connect and you will now have channels.

If however you do not want to attach your MAC ID , we can do this too.
    So do not visit that NFPS website as it will not be necessary for this method.

Add your Portal nickname and Portal URL, same as before.
    Then just below that URL line is a 'Login Required' check box. With that box highlighted, press OK on your Remote and a check mark will appear in the box.
    This will open a couple more lines.
    USER ID
    Password

Both the User ID and the Password are the same 12 digits from your donation code.
    Enter these credentials and then go down to the Connect option and press OK on your Remote.
    It should connect and you should see channels.

Seen near the bottom, are 3 other options shown on this 'Add Portal' screen.
    EPG mode = normal
    EPG Offset = none
    Group Channel Numbering = off

Leave those set as they are for now.

If for some reason your channels are not showing correct channel numbers then turn the Group Channel Numbering to ON or OFF.
    If the time in the EPG is incorrect, the EPG Offset may help with that.

Those 3 options can be accessed at any time, for future use.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 09-10-2019 at 10:42 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Thanks! I'm working extra hours, as we have a guy on vacation, but will jump on this first free moment. As I recall, you helped me get my T2 up and going a couple of years back. Much appreciated! Now I've got to check out the T2, because it keeps knocking off the server and going back to the menu/apps screen. It never would download the update, so it may be toast.

I got a little time to work on the T3. Got it through the 'Connect' screen, and after a little while it popped up an error code saying I was either blocked or expired...so I've got a little back tracking to do. Papaio donation checker says I'm good, so its gotta be something simple...after a little shut eye and work schedule.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcarnut View Post
    I got a little time to work on the T3. Got it through the 'Connect' screen, and after a little while it popped up an error code saying I was either blocked or expired...so I've got a little back tracking to do. Papaio donation checker says I'm good, so its gotta be something simple...after a little shut eye and work schedule.
    check that your Server URL entered on the T3 matches the Server URL Portal that is shown on the website under your code. Do an IPTV Reset there too while you are there.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa