Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast
    Junoir Member
    thxs Acid Jesus. I had just found and started to use this about a week ago and had just finished getting the epg and icons working for my playlists when it had gone down. So nice to be able to just change the url a bit to have everything back working again.
    I believe just adding the last link (code) you posted, ......................../guide.xml would be the same as adding all the other links? (It's all encompassing?) Or would there be any benefit in adding all the codes? My playlists include US, CA and UK content...

Thanks acid!

On a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogeh View Post
    thxs Acid Jesus. I had just found and started to use this about a week ago and had just finished getting the epg and icons working for my playlists when it had gone down. So nice to be able to just change the url a bit to have everything back working again.
    I believe just adding the last link (code) you posted, ......................../guide.xml would be the same as adding all the other links? (It's all encompassing?) Or would there be any benefit in adding all the codes? My playlists include US, CA and UK content...
    Hey Big,

/guide.xml is combined guide for most of the channels (US, Canada, Latin America and UK) but there's only 24hrs worth of data. (EPG renews every six hrs)

Other guides in the repository are individual guides for each country, they're compressed and have 72-168hrs worth of data.

So if you don't watch any of the Spanish speaking channels or UK channels. You can use the US guide or vice versa if you don't need English speaking channels then use the Latin America one.

US and Canadian channels are under one guide.

aCiD
    Catch me smoking weed where the Wild things are.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    No need to be sorry.
    I'm sure those who use M3U appreciate all you do.
    I'm just glad I got it working with out any major changes and in timely matter.

aCiD

Quote Originally Posted by 1sikguy View Post
    THANX guy!!
    You're welcome Sik.

aCiD

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Joker View Post
    Thanks acid!
    You got it buddy.

aCiD

Tip of hat for you bud acid
    Outstanding work and thank for your time and support you providing to this community.
    Stay safe and blessed
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aCiDjEsUs View Post
    Hey Big,

/guide.xml is combined guide for most of the channels (US, Canada, Latin America and UK) but there's only 24hrs worth of data. (EPG renews every six hrs)

Other guides in the repository are individual guides for each country, they're compressed and have 72-168hrs worth of data.

So if you don't watch any of the Spanish speaking channels or UK channels. You can use the US guide or vice versa if you don't need English speaking channels then use the Latin America one.

US and Canadian channels are under one guide.

aCiD
    thxs AcidJesus,
    that clears it up a bit. I wouldn't mind having a bit more than 2 days worth of programming, so may change from the guide.xml to the US, UK and CA xml's.
    I'm using tivimate with about half a dozen providers. (maybe a bit of overkill...) Would you suggest getting rid of the guide.xml and adding the 3 other .xml's for US, UK and CA? Would you use one as default in tivimate, then have the others as well? Or maybe keep the default guide.xml as default and just add the other US, UK, and CA epg.xml's?
    With tivimate it seems you can have one default and still have other epg's as well... I may have to experiment a bit. I have a couple other epg's listed as well. But yours seems to have the nicest icons and best data info it seems. So I have it set as default. Is it possible there may be a few different channels in the US, UK and CA epg's that may not be in the guide.xml?
    thxs for answering my questions!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogeh View Post
    thxs AcidJesus,
    that clears it up a bit. I wouldn't mind having a bit more than 2 days worth of programming, so may change from the guide.xml to the US, UK and CA xml's.
    I'm using tivimate with about half a dozen providers. (maybe a bit of overkill...) Would you suggest getting rid of the guide.xml and adding the 3 other .xml's for US, UK and CA? Would you use one as default in tivimate, then have the others as well? Or maybe keep the default guide.xml as default and just add the other US, UK, and CA epg.xml's?
    With tivimate it seems you can have one default and still have other epg's as well... I may have to experiment a bit. I have a couple other epg's listed as well. But yours seems to have the nicest icons and best data info it seems. So I have it set as default. Is it possible there may be a few different channels in the US, UK and CA epg's that may not be in the guide.xml?
    thxs for answering my questions!
    Hey Big,

I personally use the default /guide.xml because it has all the channels that I watch, and don't really need guide data for the future. I don't really record anything besides sports games once in a while.

US and CA channels are combined into one US guide.

It's up to you which one you want to use, number of channels is the same just with more data (more days), the default guide is all guides combined into one with all the channels but with only 24hrs worth of data. The other guides are the same but with only that countries channels and more data (more days).

You can combine them all and see the end result, but if you only watch English speaking channels and don't really need Spanish speaking channels then I would just go for the US guide as default one and You can use the UK one for the UK channels and you get a lot more data that way.

It all depends what works for you the best. Like I said before I don't need to see whats playing in a week or so, I just need to see what's on today/tonight and maybe tomorrow, hope that helps a bit.

If you got any more questions you know where to find me.

TC have a great day/afternoon/evening where ever you are in the world.

aCiD

Junoir Member
    First of all love the guide and really apreaciate the work you have done to create it, it improves my Tivimate expereince massively!

Just a question though, there are quite a lot of channels where I can find no EPG source and I'm wondering if its just that they have not been included or if I am doing something wrong? I'm in the UK and I have entered the US_guide, UK_guide and the master/guide as EPG sources with the UK_guide as default, but I have no EPG options for these channels: UKd: Discovery Channel, Discovery History, Discovery Science, Discovery Shed, Discovery Turbo, UK Eden, UK Nat Geo Wild, UK Quest, UK Quest Red, UK Sky Nature, UK Sky Sports Action, UK Sky Sports Arena, UK CNN, UK DAZN, UK beIN Sports.

To be clear, this is not a complaint I can live with it as it is as my providers EPG souce covers some of the missing channels but that EPG doesnt have the pretty channel thumbnail icons which I like.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast