Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
    Junoir Member
    Cool Kens, Lets us know once its out!

I look forward to seeing that too! I broke down and installed Potato TV on H96pro with Supercelerons ROM. It has FTMC and the native stalker would not authenticate. I couldn't find out why but it was like V1.0.3 in FTMC KODI. I broke down thinking running Potato TV will be similar with the pretty guide interface and I AM LOVING IT.

I know everyone says DREAMLINK interface but I have yet to find any screen shots to compare. A picture is worth a thousand words to me with interface issues.

Potato TV has the colorful guide and a preview Player in the upper right corner! It appears to show more channels in the guide total number of channels per screen 9? Great work on this thing It seems its updated but the first post shows version 1.

Here is a pic of the interface for those who pay attention to the software side.

Last edited by Waylotul; 02-12-2018 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Dont know how to correct links say my other post edited dont know how to do it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Waylotul View Post
    I look forward to seeing that too! I broke down and installed Potato TV on H96pro with Supercelerons ROM. It has FTMC and the native stalker would not authenticate. I couldn't find out why but it was like V1.0.3 in FTMC KODI. I broke down thinking running Potato TV will be similar with the pretty guide interface and I AM LOVING IT.

I know everyone says DREAMLINK interface but I have yet to find any screen shots to compare. A picture is worth a thousand words to me with interface issues.

Potato TV has the colorful guide and a preview Player in the upper right corner! It appears to show more channels in the guide total number of channels per screen 9? Great work on this thing It seems its updated but the first post shows version 1.

Here is a pic of the interface for those who pay attention to the software side.

There are any number of ways to get a colorized epg, it just depends on the skin you are using. All that has to be done is to add genres and map colors to said genres. The xml skin file can be edited to change the amount of channels shown in the display. I listed a MOD for Confluence skin last year in the epg section and it has the directions for which files to change as well as 2 sets of genre colors, depending on your preference. Of course, you can tweak the genres to your personal preference if you like certain colors over others. It's really easy to do.

Beginner's Guide for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-you-should-do

Kodi Options for Rocket, NFPS and IKS66...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php?71-Kodi

Check the Announcement Section...
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...-Announcements

Thanks Ilan, I read it, I remember this back in some EPG work but thanks to many members the guide is alive and well. I pulled one of the community effort guide.xml and put it in progtv. It was great for muli-channel guide but crude GUI and navigation drifts in the timeline if you scroll up or down the channels so... no thank you sir. The work you mention, expatter, thank you for your efforts. The colorful scheme utilized appears limited, for now, to FTMC/KODI.

I am all over the forum and the web and duly sweating the technique playing with new players. I am starting to think I gotta throw cash at a couple boxes and see what shakes out in the EPG area . I just feel greedy, I want it all, I want on demand, a clean gui with multichannel guide and recording. I'm weary and wise and don't fly too close to the sun. I'm happy with potato tv but willing to change someday.

The work in the skins and xml guide have set the standard, in my mind, for what I expect in a live tv/rebroadcast interface. I just cant find anything that would substitute unless a T2 or buzz would get a similar or improved GUI.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Sorry, I mean No Harm...! Are You experiencing a better Viewing Experience than those using TV-Online...?!?

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    Sorry, I mean No Harm...! Are You experiencing a better Viewing Experience than those using TV-Online...?!?
    I'm not sure about overall viewing experience. I don't know what the TV-Online experience would be. I just haven't found anything to replace potatotv for GUI implemented in KODI plus have a section to get the VOD. I have tried some players for android, not impressed with the GUI. Kens has a new addon in the same vein so to speak and it looks about the same since its in Kodi.

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylotul View Post
    I'm not sure about overall viewing experience. I don't know what the TV-Online experience would be. I just haven't found anything to replace potatotv for GUI implemented in KODI plus have a section to get the VOD. I have tried some players for android, not impressed with the GUI. Kens has a new addon in the same vein so to speak and it looks about the same since its in Kodi.
    TV-Online is Good and it has VOD also...! Guide is Good Also but not for the UK Chnls lately... My Question, I Guess, should have been worded just a tad dif...! I am Wondering if using the Potatotv stays Up longer than the TV-Online does...! Less Freezing, less chnl changing(moving around/switching), less chnls disappearing and going Black Screen... Me Friend says She has to turn the AVOV Off and Unplug it about every other day and sometimes every day 3-5 in a row...! Then it is Good for a Day or Two, sometimes longer...! But She can't use that Guide that Kens worked Hard and Long on as for some reason KODI 17+ won't load on it...! If I get Lucky enough to Win the Contest, I'll Give Her that STB so She can have Fun and Enjoy TV Again...! Thanks for Your Reply...!

Kens guide should load on it. I have not used it until recently but I run it on Kodi 17.4 and 17.6 during recent tests using the IPTV simple client and the stalker client. I am pretty sure it should work. Gotta be a typo in there. You have to modify the EPG URL. I think pototat tv also has some keymaps with it too.

good morning, I was looking to install potato tv but the repository is empty. any ideas. Thank you

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast