Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Fire From Within

Sufficient RAM is important, however 1GB is plenty for most STB streamers. If you are running games or multiple simultaneous apps, you might need more. Android 7 does a good job of RAM management, so I suppose that 1GB is good enough. We'll see after we get actual reviews of this box.

HD stands for Harley Davidson 4wheelin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipguy View Post
    the t1 plus came out less then one year ago and they already coming out with a new one , I hope this company
    Doesn't become the new avov but i love my t1 plus it's a really great product.
    dreamlink has been around a long time and has built so far the best i have had and are not even same boat as avov.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Munstah View Post
    You will see both the T2 and Formuler z7+ distributed in North America with the latter sold at a premium.
    Formuler z7+ will soon have a sub forum on our boards.
    The box is set to be released in Toronto, perhaps today

And Dara has said exactly what I should have said about that 1 GB RAM
    Thank-you sir
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Warrior
    Munstah,Why would the factory owner purchase boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    Munstah,Why would the factory owner purchase boxes?
    dreamlink isn't the manufacturer for these iptv boxes... Formuler is

Can't wait to do some comparison testing between the two once they release.
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    Sufficient RAM is important, however 1GB is plenty for most STB streamers. If you are running games or multiple simultaneous apps, you might need more. Android 7 does a good job of RAM management, so I suppose that 1GB is good enough. We'll see after we get actual reviews of this box.
    I agree from an IPTV perspective that 1 gig does the job (even 512 on the Dlite), however, as you've stated I'm also curious on how big a difference there will be between the two. How noticeable will that extra gig of ram be on the Formuler for things like kodi or what have you.

My fear is that despite the update to android version there may not be much difference between the T1 Plus and the T2 when it's all said and done. I know the GUI at least on the formuler z7+ remains the same as prior Z series devices.
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)

Quote Originally Posted by Munstah View Post
    I agree from an IPTV perspective that 1 gig does the job (even 512 on the Dlite), however, as you've stated I'm also curious on how big a difference there will be between the two. How noticeable will that extra gig of ram be on the Formuler for things like kodi or what have you.

My fear is that despite the update to android version there may not be much difference between the T1 Plus and the T2 when it's all said and done. I know the GUI at least on the formuler z7+ remains the same as prior Z series devices.
    Exactly. The use of the extra RAM comes through the box being more capable as a true android box. Being able use other apps, like kodi and such, was always a downfall of the T1 and I always felt it was as much a hardware problem as an android version problem. There just wasn’t enough speed or memory to properly run kodi, or the spmc fork that you needed for kitkat.

The Z7+ should have more than enough of both.

Junoir Member
    It might be nice if the manufacturers of both Dreamlink/Formuler were able to send a box to the Forum Mods for some evaluation. Have any of the Mods been in contact with the manufacturers?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by divo77 View Post
    It might be nice if the manufacturers of both Dreamlink/Formuler were able to send a box to the Forum Mods for some evaluation. Have any of the Mods been in contact with the manufacturers?
    thnx divo, and yes, they always are in direct contact with the staff here.
    Dreamlink has always sent boxes to the staff and site owner since, well since forever. Is why you may see guides and reviews of boxes before most others have the box.
    They know the value of that
    It started with their very first Dreamlink fta SD box and continued with each new box they put on the market (fta and iptv), soon to include the Dlite, the T2 and the Formuler boxes.

Look forward to a raffle or two for one or two of these boxes as well
    I must not forget, we must not forget, that we are human beings.
    - Ren

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    thnx divo, and yes, they always are in direct contact with the staff here.
    Dreamlink has always sent boxes to the staff and site owner since, well since forever. Is why you may see guides and reviews of boxes before most others have the box.
    They know the value of that
    It started with their very first Dreamlink fta SD box and continued with each new box they put on the market (fta and iptv), soon to include the Dlite, the T2 and the Formuler boxes.

Look forward to a raffle or two for one or two of these boxes as well
    Hmmm...note to self...pull a Tanya Harding on one of the Mods at iptvtalk.net so I can start getting free boxes to "test"!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast