Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Good call on Invasion. The 50's and 70's versions were quite good. I tend to favor the Kevin McCarthy, 50s, version but that is probably because I grew up/first saw that one. I know there was a 90s version, too, but I'll be damned if that made a dent in my memory. Maybe I should give that one another look.

I need to give Silent Hill another watch...I won't say much until then.

One of my cult favorites...Carnival of Souls. So laid back but unsettling.

Boy, they don't make 'em like they used to...

As I was pressing Submit on the last post, The Birds and Psycho came to mind. Well done Hitchcock offerings.

Good scene from the Haunting. She (Julie Harris, Eleanor in the movie), portrayed as mentally fragile in the movie, asks the other girl in the room (Claire Bloom, Theo in the movie) to hold her hand for comfort. Eleanor thinks she is hearing a child being being tormented -- and thus her references to "you can't do that to a child." Great atmosphere and this scene and many others in the movie harken back to early German, expressionist horror. Robert Wise (Director) was a master.

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sog3etUwtSk
    Code:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057129/
    Last edited by ilan; 11-02-2015 at 06:18 PM.

Some sad news in this vein...

Code:
    http://ww2.kqed.org/arts/2015/11/10/gunnar-hansen-who-played-leatherface-in-texas-chain-saw-massacre-dies

Pinball Wizard
    Yes I read..Sad sad news!!!the original Leatherface

Pinball Wizard
    Best Horror Movies of 2015

5. Bone Tomahawk
    4. Crimson Peak
    3. Insidious: Chapter 3
    2. The Gift
    1. It Follows

Bad year for horror movies, could not even have a top 10 since there were not enough "good" horror films this year!!
    Last edited by Kimbo; 12-27-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Hmmmm... That's not even quite a top 5 list. You've got Bone Tomahawk in there twice.

Pinball Wizard
    My bad, fixed it with the gift
    Quote Originally Posted by ilan View Post
    Hmmmm... That's not even quite a top 5 list. You've got Bone Tomahawk in there twice.

yea not to many good ones

Pinball Wizard
    R.I.P. Angus Scrimm, Phantasm villain has died at 89

Angus Scrimm, American actor and Grammy-winning author, died Saturday night. The 89-year-old was best known for his chilling performance as The Tall Man in Don Coscarelli’s cult horror series, Phantasm.

Born Lawrence Rory Guy in Kansas City, Kansas, Scrimm studied theater at USC in Los Angeles, CA, where he started working at Capitol Records writing liner notes for the likes of Frank Sinatra and The Beatles, which eventually won him a Grammy.

After starring in a couple of horror films, Scrimm soon caught Coscarelli’s eye for his 1976 production, Jim, the World’s Greatest, and the filmmaker later hired him again for his 1979 cult horror masterpiece, Phantasm.

As The Tall Man, Scrimm unleashed inter-dimensional terror, specifically spherical balls that would bludgeon its victims. He would reprise the iconic role four times over the years, including the forthcoming Phantasm: Ravager, due out later this year.

“Angus Scrimm passed away peacefully tonight surrounded by his friends and loved ones,” Coscarelli wrote on his Facebook. “He was 89 years old. His performance as the Tall Man is a towering achievement in horror film history. He was the last in a long line of classic horror movie stars. Angus was a terrific actor and an even better friend. He will be missed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast