TV Addicted

PVR Stalker Client Issue Loading Broken Channel Freezes for over a Minute Request

I personally love the stalker client compared to iptv stalker or stb emulator for its EPG and user friendly navigation. However It has one major flaw, when you select a channel that is currently down (ex at this moment channel #422 Sportnet Bay is down), Stalker starts to load and says "WORKING", it keeps loading the channel for EXACTLY 1 MINUTE and 30 SECONDS, in the meantime you cannot cancel or stop or select another channel, kodi basically freezes all its functions until the "WORKING" has finished or timed out after 90 Seconds, after 1 min and 30 seconds stalker stops loading the channel as it is down and then you may select another channel. It is very frustrating as you cannot do anything for a Minute and 30 seconds . I have used stalker client 0.8.3 & 0.8.4 same issue on my pc and amazon fire tv stick with kodi 15.1 and kodi 15.2.

On the other side IPTV STALKER (addon), if you select a channel that is down (there are many international channels that are down, and daily others go up/down), iptv stalker tries to load the channel and after 10 SECONDS it stops and you are able to move to next or previous channel, which is very good. STB EMULATOR lets you select another channel right away if the current one does not load.

Is there anyways to reduce this loading time for broken channel streams ? Can we request the stalker client team to please reduce this time in the next update ? It would be greatly appreciated, and make many people lives much easier, with this modification I would say stalker client would be the most complete app to watch iptv on many devices. Please reduce the time for loading. thanks

hitting X on the keyboard stops the stream from trying to load

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by sat-junkie View Post
    hitting X on the keyboard stops the stream from trying to load
    Thanks sat-junkie, this is a life saver shortcut on pc, what about Android boxes or Amazon Fire Tv remotes that do not have keyboard or STOP button, is there a way to manually create your own shortcuts on kodi? So like on Fire tv remote the LEFT & RIGHT arrow keys are not being used, is there a way to assign STOP to LEFT button or Menu button under live tv ? tnx

Junoir Member
    I have android M8 box & use USB mini RF keyboard/mouse. I prefer it to stock remote.
    Only ~ $12.00 on flebay.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by joefish View Post
    I have android M8 box & use USB mini RF keyboard/mouse. I prefer it to stock remote.
    Only ~ $12.00 on flebay.
    that would be great but, I am using Amazon Fire TV STICK and it does not have any usb ports to plug in those remote's USB receivers, are there any that are bluetooth but without the usb receiver?

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by apun View Post
    that would be great but, I am using Amazon Fire TV STICK and it does not have any usb ports to plug in those remote's USB receivers, are there any that are bluetooth but without the usb receiver?
    Here is a non-bluetooth solution... there are wifi apps like the official kodi remote, or Yatse (android) that can control your Kodi via your local network. You are taking advantage of the ability to control Kodi via its internal webserver. You can do your own google research to see if there is a bluetooth remote for capable devices, or see if your firestick can connect with bluetooth keyboards.

TV Addicted
    what I do with my android minix is, with my wireless minix remote, hit home, takes me to the android main screen, go into ethernet, unclick ethernet, then re-connect, go back into Kodi, "working" gone. It doesn't take 90secs, it takes as long as your ISP speed takes. It's a bandaid but works for me. pain in the arse, but whatever.

Banned
    The same thing happens on my Avov, and occasionally it will turn Kodi off and go back to the "home" screen and you have to re-start Kodi. Least I know now that it is not my Avov box that is the problem - thanks.