Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Horne View Post
    Hi, I just joined this forum is the hope of acquiring a list of 'everyday' TV channels in the US.

I'm an American who moved to the Netherlands 20+ years ago and miss seeing some of the local TV channels.

I installed IPTV on my Samsung TV and also installed a file (m3u) that purported to have over 100 channels. I managed only to see a few channels and that was only for a day or so. It seems the channels I want to view take a very long time to connect and I just give up. My internet connection is usually well above 180 Mbps.

I'm open to suggestions. I'm not trying to acquire 'pay' channels, just the run of the mill ABC, NBC, and CBS channels.

Well, that's it ... feel free to point me in a direction.

All the best, Dave Horne
    Which M3U file did you install. I am also looking for this file. Can you send me a link to it. Thanks.

Junoir Member
    mikoo, I don't remember where I found it. I can send you the copy I have. It's an m3u file, but you can take a look at the contents of the file by simply renaming the extension to txt and taking a look.
    Contact me at davehorne at and I'll send you the copy I have. I'm sure you can easily find this online using Google and key search words.

All the best, Dave
    Last edited by Dave Horne; 11-02-2015 at 10:58 PM.

Junoir Member
    OK, I'm new here. I'm not trying to get 'pay for' channels for free, I'm just interested in being able to view ABC, NBC, and CBS for example here in the Netherlands.

I'm posting here again because I see that someone edited my previous post. Also, if I post my e-mail address here, I don't feel that should be edited as that is a choice for me, right? Am I out of line for stating that?

I don't want to get off on the wrong foot, but in my mind, if my post is edited by someone, I'd like to be informed.

Now back to my original issue, I would like to be directed to the appropriate section here regarding being able to view 'normal' US TV channels using my IPTV smart TV app. I paid the fee for the smart TV app upload site but cannot view any channels.

I was directed here to a list of TV channels but it was a list only consisting of a number and a station, not the IP address. I can figure out the syntax of an m3u file, I just want some usable information.

Thanks in advance ... Dave Horne, The Netherlands
    Last edited by Dave Horne; 11-02-2015 at 10:56 PM.

this is an intro forum, not the place for questions, thks...
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

like he said the is intro so closed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12