Thread: mag 260

mag 260

I see this newer model being advertised and wondered if all of these files and tutorials match it as well?

Thank you.

The mag 260 uses android os as the mag 250 and 254 use lunix os.

It's not that the model is newer, just different. It's an android box and just diff in it's purpose. My personal opinion is to have two boxes, on android and another for IPTV use, I believe in separate components for diff uses, thks
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

good point, I have never been a linux user, that alone seems like a negative, but that is a personal preference only. I agree with the separate units even though the entertainment center is becoming quite the heat source. lol. do you anticipate that these type of units will continue to use linux as the standard or is the market moving towards the android boxes becoming the standard?

thanks
    Last edited by roadrunneric; 02-13-2015 at 04:58 PM.

There will always be Linux boxes because of the open source nature of Linux. The very same principle applies to XBMC(Kodi) apps, all open source..IMO
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Linux software is very popular with cable stb`s so lunix will not be going anywhere time soon, as for android i see the same and many more devices will be on it as well.

so if i want to have it all so to speak and get the most out of a rocket or nfpt subscription would i want to buy a 254 and a 260 or would you recommend 254 and a 1080 e box for the second box? Am I understanding you correctly? im good with buying 2.

thanks so much!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    254 would be almost ready to go outta the box.
    260 would need an emulator and a player and configured.

254 is linux and therefore much better in it's capabilities, need say more ?