Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    emu

STB Emulator v.0.7 preview

After weeks of development a new major version of STB Emulator is coming. Almost every part of the app has been modified and (I hope) improved.

v.0.7-preview

Main changes:
    * Multi webpage support (like in MAG). For example, when you open Stalker settings you'll see a main portal page on a background, instead of just a black background.
    * Remote control keys now can be remapped for each remote control separately. Now you don't need to have a mouse to remap keys.
    * Side panel (aka navigation drawer) for quick access to some settings for phone/tablet users.
    * Optimized network operations, so the app should load a portal a little bit faster.
    * A lot of internal optimization, including fixing some memory leaks. Also reduced memory usage, so it should run faster on slow devices.

Bugfixes:
    * Fixed YouTube.

What's broken:
    * Import/export settings doesn't work now, because I've changed settings storage format and it's not compatible with old settings format yet. This will be fixed before release.
    * Remapped keys from v.0.6 don't work. You have to remap keys once again. Will be fixed before release.

Soming soon: (after release)
    * Auto update for those who don't have Google Play installed.
    * New media player (IjkPlayer) that should work better than VLC and will possibly replace VLC in future.
    v0.7 prerelease
    * VLC player was replaced by IjkPlayer. It should work much better than VLC.
    * Added network data caching.
    * Fixed some emulation issues. Option "Use old emulation method" in profile's Advanced settings shouldn't be necessary now.

Also:
    * Because VLC is removed, VLC configuration options are not available now.
    * Import/export feature renamed to Save/Restore settings. Now it only works between v0.7 <-> v0.7.

Those who used the first preview version should remove it before installing v0.7.
    There shouldn't be any issues when updating from v0.6, but I'd recommend to backup your settings first.

Links:
    Free version:
    arm-v7a https://mega.nz/#!0U4ABCjC!r4-qOoEsK..._LLAAvHn4tmwE0
    x86 https://mega.nz/#!BZAWVByQ!HS3Jpzi_s...xaGDqpVzGHCteI

Paid version (only for preview)
    arm-v7a https://mega.nz/#!1QJngTgZ!_s14LmFmP...vpdt2JUTkqELlw
    x86 https://mega.nz/#!dYQ22KLB!GOOnxrDT0...15tIRuDCdiTpXU

UPD.
    Fixed a crash if cannot create a cache directory.
    Last edited by mvas; 11-09-2015 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Fixed links
    I'm the developer of IPTV STB Emulator (StbEmu). If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

cheap tv guy
    Ill test it, enjoy using it

Ok I'll test Android free version! I'll post results! Thank you

Edit: Installed, but I can't open it! It gave error when I try to open, STB Emulator has stopped!

Testesd on Android 5.1.1
    Last edited by jorostr; 10-17-2015 at 06:17 PM.

emu
    Quote Originally Posted by jorostr View Post
    Ok I'll test Android free version! I'll post results! Thank you

Edit: Installed, but I can't open it! It gave error when I try to open, STB Emulator has stopped!

Testesd on Android 5.1.1
    Fixed. Links to apks updated.
    I'm the developer of IPTV STB Emulator (StbEmu). If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Will not load on rocket no barber poll
    Search and you shall find. Ask and you shall receive. Give me beer friends for life

Ok, I'll try it again

cheap tv guy
    Was using the 6.13 , loaded the 7 not working well on a M8, the preview screen is in the bottom right, screen a lot smaller

1st impressions:

* new left menu: I really like it! It is easier to acces to the Profiles settings!

* internal player: I had some problems to open some channels (maybe is the server in this right moment), but in the External Player (MX Player) it dis open some channels and other dont't (maybe yes, is the server right now)

*loading portal: to me, it was the same time as always.

* controls: same blue buttons (same functions)

* Stucks: I get stucked when I was trying to open a channel, an the app closes automatically, using internal player, in fact there was 2 times that that issue happened to me.

And that's all, is natural that this is a Beta test, I hope it gets better in internal player (new player that you mentioned in the 1st post), basically that is what the final user are looking for, 1 thing: be able to watch channels!! Not extra features!

I'll be reporting another bug!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jorostr View Post
    1st impressions:

* new left menu: I really like it! It is easier to acces to the Profiles settings!

* internal player: I had some problems to open some channels (maybe is the server in this right moment), but in the External Player (MX Player) it dis open some channels and other dont't (maybe yes, is the server right now)

*loading portal: to me, it was the same time as always.

* controls: same blue buttons (same functions)

* Stucks: I get stucked when I was trying to open a channel, an the app closes automatically, using internal player, in fact there was 2 times that that issue happened to me.

And that's all, is natural that this is a Beta test, I hope it gets better in internal player (new player that you mentioned in the 1st post), basically that is what the final user are looking for, 1 thing: be able to watch channels!! Not extra features!

I'll be reporting another bug!

Thank you!
    installed it on my android box, replaced the older version. Cant even get it to load. portal settings are all the same...

On a fresh install it goes to channels but once you put your info it will just give black screen
    Search and you shall find. Ask and you shall receive. Give me beer friends for life

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast