Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TV Addicted

stb emulator or kodi ???

Been reading but maybe someone can direct me to what is the difference from running an emulator or kodi

just getting an mxIII android box and going to get rocket or nfps, but really want to know what would be a better fit between the two

any help would be great

Fire From Within

An emulator duplicates the functions of a device (like the MAG 250) and is run on a different platform (like Android). Kodi is a media player that through add-ons or plug-ins can access media on your local machine, your local network or the internet. The analogy is that an emulator is like a specialized tool like a left handed torque wrench, while Kodi is a Swiss Army knife.

For you, the easiest method is to use one of the emulators, like the Official Andriod Emulator posted here that only requires you to enter in your linked Mac. If you can do the learning, then Kodi is the best for flexibility.

I can tell that I tried the stb emulator 6.13 and it freezes so much that I cant even watch a movie in peace. I currently am running the stalker client in kodi and is working great but Im currently looking for a good working stb emulator. I will start a thread in a bit.

TV Addicted
    So then if i understand you,,, an emulator is run off of your computer and if i buy an android box like mxlll then i would just use kodi?

No emulator run on android box and pc just like kodi but it's easier to set up on android box for iptv then on kodi with less problems. I use Kodi for other stuff but stb emulator for iptv
    Search and you shall find. Ask and you shall receive. Give me beer friends for life

TV Addicted
    so do you recommend if I sign up for like nfps or rocket iptv , then the stb emulator is better than kodi for that ?

TV Addicted
    just trying to figure out what is the smoothest way to go for an android box,,,, I really only care about getting a paid donation from rocket or nfps

so based on that and wanting it for an epg and pvr function is an emulator or kodi the way to go ??

Fire From Within

My recommendation is to install the emulator on the android and see how that works for you. You can learn about Kodi and do that later, and even try it out on a PC, then maybe make a switch if you like that.

i say just go with kodi. setting it up for stalker is trivial, if you can't figure it out another hobby may be better for you

For me, the interface alone is reason enough to use it instead of the emulator (or a mag box for that matter).. the stalker interface, to me, is ugly and inefficient. add the fact that with kodi u can add other plugins ( you want genesis, trust me on this). you have a one stop app that handles all your media needs...
    even install the kodi launcher app so when you boot your device, or pres the home button, it stays in kodi, there is no need to go to the android interface... (but if you need to you can get to all your apps through kodi anyways)

TV Addicted
    great post guys ,,, much help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast