Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stalker Client 0.8.3 and EPG Guide Program Guide Time Issue

Here is the situation I have been trying to resolve for the past few days. The solution has managed to elude me. I'm using a Fire Stick at the moment.

In addition to IPTV Stalker, I wanted to add a PVR with guide to my set-up.

Stalker Client NFPS 0.8.4 shows programs 1 hour off in the EPG Ninja guide. It also seems to be more memory intensive than the other PVR clients that I will mention. Kodi often goes down when I try to access the guide. It doesn't seem to be the answer.

PVR Simple Client works, and I can adjust the Time Offset manually to -5 hours, which is what it should be (from UTC to Central Time US). However, the EPG Ninja guide is vanilla. It doesn't have the colored backgrounds, and for these older eyes, I have a heck of time reading the programs, especially when a program with a light background is running in the guide's background. Otherwise, things work well here. There is never any crashing when the guide is invoked.

Stalker Client 0.8.3, like Stalker Client NFPS 0.8.4, shows programs off by 1 hour in the EPG Ninja guide. The guide looks great with the contrasting colored backgrounds, though. I have no problem reading the guide's entries. In addition, the guide does not take down Kodi when it is invoked. For some reason, it seems less memory intensive than 0.8.4. If I could resolve the 1 hour program time shift, it would be the way to go.

The question, then, is there any way to tweak things using Stalker Client 0.8.3, so I get the 1 hour program guide inaccuracy resolved? I have tried the default Europe/Kiev, America/Chicago and an empty field as time zones and they all produce the same 1 hour inaccuracy.

If it helps, iVue guide reads my system correctly, displaying the proper program times, so I'm not sure why or where the inaccurate program guide times are originating.

What to do?
    Last edited by MitchL; 10-13-2015 at 12:15 AM.

there not much I can think of for stalker client or stalker client nfps.
    there is one thing you can do for iptv stalker and simple client,follow the instructions and it will add color to the epg.I used it before stalker client came along and guide will look like stalker client shows.
    it only works for certain skins,i used it with the stock confluence with no problems.
    there's another post here on how to add the channel icons also,
    Code:
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?6618-Setting-up-channel-icons-when-using-IPTV-simple-client-Stalker-Video-AddOn&highlight=channel+icons
    unfortunately if later stalker client works correctly u will have to revert the changes so I would make a backup of the file u have to edit.
    Code:
    http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=175642

I will take a look at that. The colors are more important to me than the icons, but if I do one it might be worth doing both.

I'm holding out hope someone like Dvbken will know a workaround for Stalker Client to adjust for the 1 hour shift, although maybe that isn't a possibiliy.

I have to do some more searching. The instruction are for a windows installation on an earlier Kodi/XBMC. I can find

\Program Files (x86)\XMBC\Addon\skin.confluence\720p\ViewsPVRGuid e.xml (a slightly different reference ViewPVRGuide.xml vs ViewsPVR.xml)

on my Windows PC, but it isn't in the same spot on my Android-based Fire Stick.

Ok, in case anyone ends up monitoring this and wonders how to do it, here is what I did.

To accomplish the modifications for a decked out PVR Simple Client Channel and Menu Guide in a Fire Stick, Kodi environment (maybe Android Kodi in general), you need to read the directions in the instructions posted by Blackbear199 (many thanks) above in concert with what I outline below. Ultimately, many thanks to Centuri for the genre color modification directions and to Mephasor for the icon addition directions.

I'll be damned if I could find the ViewPVR.xml file or the ViewPVRGuide.xml file on my Android Kodi Fire Stick. Here is what I did:

1. I extracted the Confluence folder from my Windows PC...

Programs Files (x86) > Kodi > Addons > Skin.Confluence

to my desktop

2. I modified the ViewsPVRGuides.xml file as per the directions (realize, though, I modified ViewsPVRGuides.xml instead of ViewsPVR.xml, because the file names have changed since the directions were written).

3. I created a zip from the skin.conluence folder with the modified ViewsPVRGuides.xml file.

4. I sideloaded the folder to the Fire Stick using adbFire.

5. I went to Kodi > System > Settings> Add-ons and chose Add from zip, selecting the zip file with the modified ViewsPVRGuides.xml. Kodi enabled and accepted that zip as my new skin. I checked things out and Kodi successfully incorportated it as my new skin. The guide was now colorized according to genre and was much more readable than the vanilla guide.

6. I then downloaded the Icon file. I pushed it to Kodi using adbFire.

7. I went to Kodi > System > Settings > TV > Menu/OSD > and selected the location of the icon folder in the "Folder with channel icons" field.

It is all working.

I have not played with the python portion yet per directions for the channel/program icon updates, although (knowing me) I will do that soon, too.

====

Ultimately, though, if there is any modification I can make within the PVR Stalker client to deal with the 1 hour inaccuracy, I would like to do that as well.
    Last edited by MitchL; 10-14-2015 at 11:36 AM.

My stalker client is still off by 5 hours. Its driving me nutty.

If you set-up PVR Simple Client, there is a silder that will let you adjust for that time discrepency. Give it a try. Let me know how that turns out.

If that works and you want to go full blown with a color infused menu and logos, you can follow the route I followed.

I'd be interested, what are you using? If it's a Fire Stick, this may be a time shift issue endemic to the Fire Stick. It would be nice to shake out this issue.

Sorry yes, 0.8.3 with firestick Isengard 15.2.

Ill try simple client for sure. I wanted to use iptv stalker with 9.0.20 with the integrated ivue but that won't work for me. They use portal server. I use 11.

Im going to try what you suggested now. Nothing on tv anyway or at least i don't know anyway lol

There are server issues now, so don't drive yourself crazy if things aren't working. Any issues could be due to a gnarly server.

Yeah i drove myself nuts for a couple hours there. I gave up for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast