Thread: Just asking

Just asking

I know HD is coming sometime in the future, but was wondering if we could get one 1080p live channel. Before any one starts, I know the ppv 500 channels are 1080, but they are not live. I do not care what channel, any will do. And please do not down grade the video like the current 720p channels. 1024x576 is not 720p.

If you cannot, can you please change one channel to true 720p. Again I don't care what one, just one true 720p channel.

I have a lot more testing, and verifying to do before I reopen my web store. And I would really like to do so before November 1st because of the holiday season. I had to shut down due to the number of unsatisfied customers I had, I had to temporarily stop selling subscriptions and in turn equipment.

My customers have been use to the IKS service and the high quality of that service until a few months ago. Now that IKS is so poorly supported, and the IPTV service has had such a bumpy start, my customers that have current donations have been completely dissatisfied, and only 1 in 8 that had to renew have.

Help has always been given when I have a problem here, but I still have yet to talk to anyone affiliated with Rocket team.

As a reseller I have a ton of questions, but do not know where to ask them.

Thanks in advance.

satellite didn't offer 1080p...best was 1080i...you prolly won't see 1080p with any iptv service due to bandwidth, best you can hope for in the real world is 720p....JMO
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

check out the live ppv movies

tux tux tux
    I found 720p AND 1080p channels look in sports and adult, to give you a quick one astro sport is 720p. they are not that good encoded though could use more bitrate. its a bit ironic that the more anonymous channels like sport and adult are up to 1080p, and the popular channels are almost all 360p. if I choose original size I could fit 9 channels on my tv screen. lol

the quality is not directly poor though imho, the 360p channels are good encoded and 100% fluid.
    watchable indeed but not something I would watch a good movie in or pay more than we do for now.

all in all for what it is I think its fair.. or I probably wouldn't be here.
    Last edited by tuxen; 10-10-2015 at 10:40 PM.

tux tux tux
    Quote Originally Posted by K00lKatT View Post
    satellite didn't offer 1080p...best was 1080i...you prolly won't see 1080p with any iptv service due to bandwidth, best you can hope for in the real world is 720p....JMO
    I found plenty Russian 1080p channels some dual language I even found a 4k channel, and yeah it pulled some bandwidth.
    And no its not obscure Russian channels, but all the big EU/US ones.

its all moving in this direction one company has supposedly as the first struck a deal with the big broadcasters such cbs, nbc, etc and is ready to provide 1080p localized television, apple is also moving on to the iptv market with the new appletv and is trying to negotiate with the broadcasters, so is amazon with firetv, when this monopoly is broken iptv can be "legalized" and it is gonna be big. ofcause prices also start at $49 per month for 500+ channels as it looks now.

other services with the same legal status as those here are also able to provide hd only channels, ofcause I cant mention them here, but again the price is NOT the same (30-40 a month) neither the number of channels.

apple and amazon have plenty of infrastructure to launch this remember they already stream 1080p ultrahd and 4k movies to millions of users.
    Netflix is also a good example these companies certainly have the infrastructure to back it up.
    Last edited by tuxen; 10-10-2015 at 11:30 PM.