Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation TVOnline+ Stuck in endless boot cycle

Got my TVOnline+ in yesterday. I started to set it up today and went to network settings. Apparently, It comes already set to DHCP but in network settings the Default gateway was blank, so I figured I would setup with static IP address. I clicked on Manual and couldn't change anything so I backed out of Network settings. After that point, every time I click on network settings, the screen would go black for a second and I wound up back at the Settings menu. I could go to everything else in the settings menu but not network settings. After that point I decided to check out apps, to see if I was actually online. Some of the apps said "Loading" At that point I figured I was probably offline and then decided to reboot. Big mistake. Now I'm stuck in endless boot cycle with "AVOV" on screen with purple streaks on the screen and won't boot up anymore.

Does anyone know how to reset or restore Image? Is there a manual for this thing yet? Last time I checked, there wasn't a manual on the AVOV website.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by xc420 View Post
    Got my TVOnline+ in yesterday. I started to set it up today and went to network settings. Apparently, It comes already set to DHCP but in network settings the Default gateway was blank, so I figured I would setup with static IP address. I clicked on Manual and couldn't change anything so I backed out of Network settings. After that point, every time I click on network settings, the screen would go black for a second and I wound up back at the Settings menu. I could go to everything else in the settings menu but not network settings. After that point I decided to check out apps, to see if I was actually online. Some of the apps said "Loading" At that point I figured I was probably offline and then decided to reboot. Big mistake. Now I'm stuck in endless boot cycle with "AVOV" on screen with purple streaks on the screen and won't boot up anymore.

Does anyone know how to reset or restore Image? Is there a manual for this thing yet? Last time I checked, there wasn't a manual on the AVOV website.

Thanks.
    theres a reset hole on back. unplug, insert a paperclip plug back up while keeping paperclip pushed in for 5 seconds.
    I gather darkness to please me...

Well I found restore button on back, hopefully this works

Thanks Captainkangaro, we posted at the same time.

It worked for me in the past
    found this reply also using the search function at top of page:

Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    TV-ONLINE does have a reset button...........if you look on the back .there is a small slot just below the word Micro.I used a very thin wire and can feel the button click when I push it...........I suggest you hold the reset button in and then power the box up while holding the reset button...after ten seconds let go the reset button and the box should give you choices to factory reset

Thanks sir, it does work.

Thanks sir, it does work.
    Awesome. Happy to help...

Well spoke too soon. I was able to get to the restore menu and I chose factory reset, when it finished I chose to reboot. When it rebooted it went to screen that I saw the first time I turned it on - Package Installer except TVOnlineSys never completed. It's stuck on 17%. URL completed quickly 100% and Tunein Radio 100% but TVonlinesys stuck at 17% and not moving at all. I did IP scan and it's on the network.

Another reboot and it completed to 100% this time. Thanks

I won't be setting a static IP address this time.
    Last edited by xc420; 10-08-2015 at 03:19 AM.

Well spoke too soon. I was able to get to the restore menu and I chose factory reset, when it finished I chose to reboot. When it rebooted it went to screen that I saw the first time I turned it on - Package Installer except TVOnlineSys never completed. It's stuck on 17%. URL completed quickly 100% and Tunein Radio 100% but TVonlinesys stuck at 17% and not moving at all. I did IP scan and it's on the network.

Another reboot and it completed to 100% this time. Thanks

I won't be setting a static IP address this time.
    Lol...glad you got it going

what static should have nothing to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by asft View Post
    what static should have nothing to do with it
    I agree but when I turned my box on for the first time, I tried setting up IP address and my box needed to be reset. Maybe I have a bad box because I'm having other issues. I'm starting a new thread in TVOnline+ forum now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast