Kodi 16: Alpha 3

16.0 Jarvis build ALPHA 3--was released today ......with a lot of fix,s :

More and more hardware companies are coming out with remote controls with a very limited button set. In particular, all current Android TVs are lacking a dedicated context menu button altogether. To deal with this, we’ve taken a page from the touchscreen UX and added a long press feature to remote controls. Now, if you press and hold the OK/Enter button for a few seconds, you will pull up the context menu. In the future, long press may be extended for additional functionality

Three finger touchpad mapping in iOS to make room for new tablet gestures which will be available in Alpha 4 to complement existing tablet gestures.
    • Kodi now supports being compiled with Xcode 7
    • The Kodi GUI now supports a new stereoscopic depth effect for users of Kodi on 3D TVs or VR headsets
    • The Music Library and Files View for music have now been unified, similar to how video files and library are unified

Needless to say, this is not the entire list of fixes and features for Alpha 3, but that list is quite long and tends to focus on under-the-hood items that are mostly of interest to other devs, skinners, and add-on writers. As these under-the-hood changes begin to work their way up to the user experience

maybe worth checking out a lot of the bugs worked out:

Should you want to download and install this alpha (monthly) build please visit our download page.

(code)Official Kodi 16.0 alpha and development downloads(/code)

[url]https://youtu.be/s8vLPa7OHLM(/url)

C/P Nathan Betzen on Oct 03, 2015 in Pre-Release, Site News

unless your sending log reports to Kodi to help the developers, I recommend for new or inexperienced Kodi users to stick with latest stable builds or RC releases. The dailies and monthly are notoriously unstable, thks...
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

can you install newer kodi ontop of older kodi with out loosing and settings or addons?

depends which Kodi you want to overwrite and which you want to use....see the wiki at kodi.tv
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

look iptv stalker or other app may not work stay with what is working now if a test go for it

My VIZIO remote doesnot have the drop down menu, I just use my smart phone using YATSE app for Kodi Im pretty sure everyone using KODI has wifi

i cant get stalker working with Kodi 16 Alpha3 x86 android version on a nexus player, might have to go back to 15.1, stalker ver on 16A3 is .97

EDIT > you just need to use a different portal url as stated in a different thread here, stalker pvr no longer supports URL redirects, so for iptv66 the server address should be "mw1.iptv66.tv/stalker_portal/c/index.html"
    Last edited by nhumber; 10-06-2015 at 04:54 PM.