Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    not a member

Preventing your MAC from being hijacked

I have been seeing a lot of posts about peoples MAC addresses stop working randomly and the only way to resolve it is to change your MAC. This normally will result in unable to retrieve URL or not authorized messages. The most likelihood is that someone has found your MAC as a working MAC and are using it watch TV on your dime. I believe this is how these fake stalker or services are hijacking the NFPS streams by hijacking working MACs.

This can easily be prevented by enabling the sending of the serial number. This will prevent anyone that does not have the correct serial information being blocked from using your MAC and tying it up.

1. You will need to go to your portal configuration in the Stalker client that you are using.
    2. Enable sending of the serial number.
    3. Enable custom serial number.
    4. Enter a serial number of your choosing
    5. Enter a number for Device 1.
    6. Enter a number for Device 2.
    7. Enter a number for your signature.

Note:
    Items 4, 5, 6, and 7 must have values for this to work.
    If your using the same MAC on multiple devices, the same information needs to be entered. Same is true if your using multiple clients on the same machine such as PVR Stalker and Stalker Video clients.
    Last edited by Alucard; 10-08-2015 at 01:24 PM.

TV Addicted
    for the serial number what is the limit of numbers-example 1 thru 0 or does it need letters to.??

not a member
    I have not tested the max yet but I assume it probably does not matter. I have up to 23 in mine.

the other fix would be use the access code they send you in the avov can't do it with the mag that I am aware of though but would close down that avenue off access

Does this work for the Mag STBS also?
    Or are their MAC not hijackable only the ones used in the different Android Stallker Apks?

mac address Help

Quote Originally Posted by vidswaps View Post
    Does this work for the Mag STBS also?
    Or are their MAC not hijackable only the ones used in the different Android Stallker Apks?
    Could some one explain how to change my mac address number should it not that the devise running kodi mac number be exact or i can use a fake number?

not a member
    Quote Originally Posted by gishak View Post
    Could some one explain how to change my mac address number should it not that the devise running kodi mac number be exact or i can use a fake number?
    No for Kodi user they can use any random MAC for the last 3 segments. Use the link below to generate a random MAC for you. You may have to try multiple times as the MAC that is generated may be in use.

hxxp://www.hellion.org.uk/cgi-bin/randmac.pl?scope=global&oui=00%3A1A%3A78&type=mult icast. Replace xx with tt.

stalker addon version 9.0.20 AND version 9.0.21 both wont work with and serial number information and /or numbers in id fields..only works with send serial option checked and other fields left completely blank

Agreed, Stalker 9.0.21 doesnt work with custom serial number fields set. Tbh, am struggling to understand how the custom serial number would stop it being hijacked. Surely it has to tie up with something on the authentication server?

not a member
    Quote Originally Posted by mombasa123 View Post
    Agreed, Stalker 9.0.21 doesnt work with custom serial number fields set. Tbh, am struggling to understand how the custom serial number would stop it being hijacked. Surely it has to tie up with something on the authentication server?
    9.0.21 does work 9.x below this does not. You must fill out Serial Number, Device ID 1 & 2, and the Signature filed in order to use custom serial numbers.

As for why it stops your MAC from being hijacked, well your the only one that has the information you put in to these fields and once these fields are set in the server the only way to use your MAC is if all the information matches. Where if you select only the Send Serial without using custom option, the software will fill these fields for you using hashes based on the MAC. In this case, anyone that has your MAC would only have to enable the serial number and then they can use it where if you have a custom they would have to know the rest of fields or the access will be blocked.

You could think of it this way. The MAC is the address of your house and the Send Serial is the door of your house. If you do not have a door, anyone can walk in freely. Now if you enable the Send Serial Number but not make it custom, you have added a door but your door lock is using a default key. So anyone that has your address and has the default key can enter your house. Now if you make your SR Number custom you just rekeyed your lock and now only you have the key to get in to your house.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast