Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M8s any good?

Junoir Member
    So consensus. Decent box but nothing special.

MXQs can be purchased for about $40 wholesale. They are pretty cheap. I wish the M8 boxes had firmware like the TV online boxes.

I think I'm going to hold out for the fuse. I'll let you guys know how it is.

TV Addicted
    M8 is an amazing box lots of power and speed, 2gb+8gb once a good version of OpenElec is put on it. I am not into Android, but putting Linux on this unit you will not look back. If you looking at a better unit try T10 S812 processor and faster, again running OE.

Hey apom
    be care full there are a lot of clones of the M8S out there and have serious issues with wifi and Ethernet connections
    basically will shut down every 15 minutes
    My first was a clone and had this issue I demanded that the seller get me a real M8S and works very very good
    How to tell you have a clone is that on the packaging a real M8S will have mac and serial on the bottom of packaging if not there you have a clone and will more then likely have wifi and Ethernet issues
    this box is extremely quick on boot up it cleans up space every time you launch an app
    this is my second favourite box
    picture is very very good crisp and clean
    and for the price that they go for worth every penny
    my current favourite is the Tronsmart orion 68 meta this has a serious kick azz everything it is very new to market so probably no clones out yet I bought mine from fleabay on a pricing mistake from the seller who honoured it I was stunned

yea 99.00 dollars for Tronsmart orion 68 meta

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodi64 View Post
    Hey apom
    be care full there are a lot of clones of the M8S out there and have serious issues with wifi and Ethernet connections
    My first was a clone and had this issue I demanded that the seller get me a real M8S and works very very good
    How to tell you have a clone is that on the packaging a real M8S will have mac and serial on the bottom of packaging if not there you have a clone and will more then likely have wifi and Ethernet issues
    this box is extremely quick on boot up it cleans up space every time you launch an app
    my current favourite is the Tronsmart orion 68 meta this has a serious kick azz everything it is very new to market so probably no clones out yet I bought mine from fleabay on a pricing mistake from the seller who honoured it I was stunned
    Are you sure about the box being a clone if there is no mac and serial number on the "packaging"? I bought a M8S from Goobang Doo (China) and there is no labels on the outside of the box, however there is a label with the mac address stuck on the bottom of the device. I have not had any real issues with the box itself but I have had some problems with the Mini keyboard I got at the same time.

Junoir Member

M8S audio input selection

Greetings...
    Hello all, newbie here. Just got the M8S box last week and enjoying it right now.
    Btw, I have 1 major issue. At Setting>Digital audio auto-detection, i am not able to turn it OFF.
    Anybody facing the same issue? Any help or suggestions? Appreciate and thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

TV Addicted
    regarding the tronsmart,,, yes looks like far advanced from the rest at present but the remote looks real cheap with nothing hardly on,,, no number pad at all

Quote Originally Posted by manx View Post
    Greetings...
    Hello all, newbie here. Just got the M8S box last week and enjoying it right now.
    Btw, I have 1 major issue. At Setting>Digital audio auto-detection, i am not able to turn it OFF.
    Anybody facing the same issue? Any help or suggestions? Appreciate and thanks in advance.
    Your attached image suggests that you don't have the option to toggle the remote control setting to ON or OFF which is probably where your problem lies.

Before making any changes take a note of what you change & what is was before you changed it!

Depending on what sort of remote you're using you'll need to go to the Other tab (orange & beside Advanced) then More Settings, Language & Input, Keyboard & Input methods & depending on what sort of remote you have perhaps Physical Keyboard - apply what's necessary or play around with those settings. Then go back to Advanced & see if the option is available to toggle ON/OFF remote control. Toggle it ON & then you should be able to toggle Digital audio auto-detection to OFF.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodi64 View Post
    Hey apom

I just ordered these in and I only see a sticker on the bottom with a Mac address. NO serial number so are they clones?

the real M8S boxes are fantastic , dont buy from Goobang Doo (China) from my experience, and make sure the expert mode is chosen in settings to make changes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast