Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M8s any good?

Junoir Member

M8s any good?

Are these boxes any good? I've read mixed reviews. Some people report that they are buggy and crash or overheat, have bad wifi range, remote control doesn't work well etc.. I'll be using it for iptv with a stalker client or stb emu and kodi of course.

Also clone vs. real? How to tell? Does it even matter? It seems like they are made by some company in china with very little software support anyway. Locally an M8s is about $120-130 cad vs. $80 cad shipped online. (ebay, amazon, alibaba) Some sellers are in the US. Some are in China.

Another box I that I am considering is the avov fuse. It sounds like it will be a lot more user friendly. Probably more stable. (more support from avov) Concerns are that it's not as open as the M8s, less ram and I don't think it will have optical out or even analog out. I would like to hook it up to a surround sound system.

Thanks in advance!

Pinball Wizard
    I set up a couple of M8 for friends they are okay, Avov Fuse is another story!! I would go with the Fuse due to my experience with Avov..reliable boxes, top of the line hardware and support!! and yes very very user friendly!!

Junoir Member
    Thanks for the feedback. It seems like all these boxes have issues and it's a matter of picking the least problematic one.

Pinball Wizard
    I agree, i have a MX2, MXQ, Avov Vixo 2 and i have worked on many others. Like the world nothing is perfect, i received better customer service with Avov. Also they are coming out with Avov TVOnline+ for $129 after researching the specs and support. It's best bang for my buck!!

cheap tv guy
    i`m using an M8 for almost a year now, it streams 12 hours a day, everyday, never runs past 86 degrees, bought more of them to sell, there are some do`s and dont with the M8, same for any box, i have crashed mine numerous times, but it was by my own doing, i have upgraded the rom, I have it "fully loaded" lol, never really use any of the addons, except iptv, runs excellent on there, recently I discovered the STB, from google, modified the demo settings for iptv and i have not used kodi since, I feel guilty, there is a way to tell the clone for the original but cant remember that one right now, buy one from china,

Junoir Member
    I think I will keep the M8 boxes for people that are more tech savvy. It seems like you almost need a degree from M.I.T. to run one lol. Definitely not for people that car barely turn a tv on. Avov seems like less of a hassle for the average person. Is 1gb of ram enough for kodi though?? Some say it runs slow with 1gb

Mygica boxes look pretty sleek. I don't like how they don't really support older models. Also read about issues with the new 1800s crashing. People bricking older models with firmware updates.. etc.. Unacceptable for a "premium" box!

Pinball Wizard
    1GB is more than enough, I have a lot addons and I still have 3953mb free left which is more than half!!

Junoir Member
    Good to know! Thanks,

I just saw that a amazon fire tv box is coming out in a few weeks. Looks awesome. 2gb of ram and only $99. This box might give everyone a run for their money!

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apom View Post
    Good to know! Thanks,

I just saw that a amazon fire tv box is coming out in a few weeks. Looks awesome. 2gb of ram and only $99. This box might give everyone a run for their money!
    Yes! I seen that. Fire is nice. My M8s box almost makes me keep going to the Fire stick, plus the M8 a little more troublesome to load up things. Fire is very small fast and with ADBfire a breeze to setup.

M8 is a decent box. MXQ works fine as well for genesis/stalker.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast