Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M8s any good?

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LEAFER9999 View Post
    the real M8S boxes are fantastic , dont buy from Goobang Doo (China) from my experience, and make sure the expert mode is chosen in settings to make changes
    Are you running on these stbemulator on these by any chance? I did and the picture quality is pixilation and out of sync. Just wondering as I've been trying for days to get this running properly and nothing is helping.

For me these $40 dollar m8 clones from China are fun to tinker around with..i found a whole new world with all the custom firmwares that are floating around plus there is openelec you can play around with too..i love this MXIII box with the mali octocore gpu i can almost use this as my daily pc its so fast..i thew mame and all the emulators on it what a killer gaming machine if your into retro gaming

do yourself a favor to avoid chine clones that do not resemble the specifications....
    tryed and it's slow not responding to remote, crushes, stop playing and trws against the wall several times.
    get a firetv box 2gb ram 8gbrom if you can root good
    if you can't better...it runs everything

TV Addicted
    I have a M8S and so does two of my friends. They work great -- no problems at all. One got a power surge/brownout that affected all my electronics and it would not get past the initialize screen, but it was replaced.

my m8s 1 month old is very good for movies addons
    but not for nfps iptv setup

Junoir Member
    M8 and M8S are not the same. M8 is based on S802 which is older and has problems with some Kodi addons unless you go into settings and make changes in the video accelerators. Then, there were many many variations and clones. The M8S uses the S812 and CAN BE far superior, if you get a good supplier. To be safe, you can buy a name brand, or a MXIII-G that is a well supported box and has quite good stability. Only a few dollars US more, and a safer bet for most. Beelink, Tronsmart and other known and supported brands. I buy generic M8S but from 1 specific supplier and know I'm getting good boxes. You won't have that luxury and it's a real gamble since once again there are so many M8S marked boxes all looking the same, but with huge differences in quality. Buy from one of the better brand names, and you will be able to run nfps IPTV stalker just fine. Other clones, etc....well best of luck.

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sat-junkie View Post
    For me these $40 dollar m8 clones from China are fun to tinker around with..i found a whole new world with all the custom firmwares that are floating around plus there is openelec you can play around with too..i love this MXIII box with the mali octocore gpu i can almost use this as my daily pc its so fast..i thew mame and all the emulators on it what a killer gaming machine if your into retro gaming
    I have a cheap box (Goobang Doo- OTT) that works OK, but has too much bloat-ware. I prefer using my Rasp Pi2. My question is, can I reset the box and flash OpenElec as the operating system? I figure it will run better without all the bloatware. I had already removed many of the stock apps, deleted and re-installed Kodi, but would still like to streamline it as all I use it for is Kodi. Thanks

I just got T10plus and its really the best android tv box
    i had m8s but they are not good enough

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123