Mag remote F2 button?

I use a harmony remote for my box and it works well....I have a couple of friends that use the original remote and when I was talking them through the newest update on the phone, they couldnt get the F2 button to work for the update. I wasnt sure what they were doing wrong as when I hit F2 on my harmony remote, I got the update page every time. I had to charge my harmony remote and was using the original remote while talking my last friend through how to update when I couldnt use the F2 button. The light on the mag box was flickering when I hit F2 but nothing would happen. The harmony remote worked every time.
    Has anyone else had this prob with the F2 button for updates and get it to work. 3 different boxes had the same prob.

have you updated to r12???
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

The problem is the real mag remote it's F1 not F2 to get to update
    Search and you shall find. Ask and you shall receive. Give me beer friends for life

It is updated since turning on auto-update and going back to main portal.....Update starts automatically.....
    Problem was trying to get the update page which says to hit F1 for update. Prior to that, it says hit F2 to update manually and the F2 button wouldnt work with original remote. Harmony remote work perfect.

I got 4 mag 254 and all say F1 to update
    Search and you shall find. Ask and you shall receive. Give me beer friends for life

If you go inot the outer portal and into 'setting' and then 'software update' at the bottom of the screen it says 'F2 update manually'. With the harmony remote, when I hit F2, it pops the update software page and says 'F1 to start update'
    The prob is with the original remote, hitting F2 to update manually doesnt bring the update software page up.