Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    not a member
    Quote Originally Posted by Puska View Post
    No tool isn't throwing any errors whatsoever, but that same tv29.db if I try to load it again it is my understanding should show changes for groups, renamed channels, like it is in template correct ? But for me it just loads same unmodified tv29.db. I tried copying it regardless but it doesn't show, and of course I did turn off all those sync options with backend.
    The template will not change. It will ask if you want to add new channels if you load the template and new channels have been added to the system.

Are you sure you are looking at the correct DB? It should take a couple of minutes to update everything. If you want to post your template I can take a look and make sure it is correct.

@Alucard thanks for all the help, so I tried just with renaming channels, and that works, than I added groups, and I can see in your tool when Applying changes that it's updating groups, but when I transfer file to the pi 2 it doesn't see them, I tried also deleting all the groups that it picks from server and than transfer tv29.db still nothing, tried creating group that I know I created but its empty. So its definitely something related to my setup, will try today to put modified group file into windows kodi and if that will work

not a member
    @Alucard thanks for all the help, so I tried just with renaming channels, and that works, than I added groups, and I can see in your tool when Applying changes that it's updating groups, but when I transfer file to the pi 2 it doesn't see them, I tried also deleting all the groups that it picks from server and than transfer tv29.db still nothing, tried creating group that I know I created but its empty. So its definitely something related to my setup, will try today to put modified group file into windows kodi and if that will work
    Do you have any groups? If you have the NFPS groups, then they are being overwritten from the back end. But I think you said you already made sure that you disabled the back end syncing. If this is the case, you may try resetting your MAC. I know that I had an issue where I enabled one of the channel back end channel syncing options and once set it would not disable and I had to change the MAC for it to disable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    Do you have any groups? If you have the NFPS groups, then they are being overwritten from the back end. But I think you said you already made sure that you disabled the back end syncing. If this is the case, you may try resetting your MAC. I know that I had an issue where I enabled one of the channel back end channel syncing options and once set it would not disable and I had to change the MAC for it to disable.
    If I turn off sync groups from backend and clear data I don't have any groups obviously, but seems something with OpenELEC is going on because on setup like that I add TEST group and channels to it from Group Manager, and I can use it, but it's gone after reboot, which is really strange. Not sure if it's a bug, but need to see how to sort that out, I did try changing MAC but yeah as I said there's something not working properly if groups created inside OpenELEC can't be saved.

not a member
    If I turn off sync groups from backend and clear data I don't have any groups obviously, but seems something with OpenELEC is going on because on setup like that I add TEST group and channels to it from Group Manager, and I can use it, but it's gone after reboot, which is really strange. Not sure if it's a bug, but need to see how to sort that out, I did try changing MAC but yeah as I said there's something not working properly if groups created inside OpenELEC can't be saved.
    Sorry don't know much about OpenELEC so I can't help you out there. Might try setting up kodi on a PC and see if you have the same issues. Just copy the user kodi folder to the user kodi folder on the PC to duplicate your setup.

Will try to do so, but could be something to do with builds for Rasp. Pi 2, just found this link on OSMC forum, so it's not only OpenELEC, maybe since 15.2 final version is out they will make a new build that fixes it, or I will try some nightly of ver. 16 to see if it's fixed in there.

Code:
    https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/tv29-db-not-preserving-channel-groups-between-boots/8632

Probation
    The template will not change. It will ask if you want to add new channels if you load the template and new channels have been added to the system.

Are you sure you are looking at the correct DB? It should take a couple of minutes to update everything. If you want to post your template I can take a look and make sure it is correct.
    Hi I am having the same issue. I update the channels and groups in the program and afterhitting apply update it seems to be updating the db file, but when I reload the TV29.db back into the program the file does not shows any of the changes I made to it. I am using windows 10 and the TV29.db file is in the same folder as software.

If I use the computer that runs windows and has kodi installed than I the db file gets updated but my groups do not show. In this case the db file is in the default kodi directory.
    Last edited by adeelmysore; 11-26-2015 at 02:25 PM.

not a member
    You may need to use the DB file from the device that it was created on. I have seen this issue in the past where if I copy a working good DB from a Windows install to an android install it will not work. You need to reset your TV Data and then wait for the files to be updated. Once updated, then copy and use the template loader.

You may need to use the DB file from the device that it was created on. I have seen this issue in the past where if I copy a working good DB from a Windows install to an android install it will not work. You need to reset your TV Data and then wait for the files to be updated. Once updated, then copy and use the template loader.
    @Alucard I'm aware you're way more knowledgeable than me, but is it possible that DBs are different on android boxes and other systems, causing issues for some of us? When I use kodi manager from adskiremote everything works, but when I use your version I can see changes happening in status bar but not reflected once its loaded on the box?

not a member
    @Alucard I'm aware you're way more knowledgeable than me, but is it possible that DBs are different on android boxes and other systems, causing issues for some of us? When I use kodi manager from adskiremote everything works, but when I use your version I can see changes happening in status bar but not reflected once its loaded on the box?
    I am working on the app and revamping it so it will be easier to manage the files on other boxes now so if you want to attach your db that is not updating I will take a look. Also make sure if your copying the file to another box that you delete the EPG10.db.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast