Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Probation
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    I checked your file and I can open it with the tool. I updated the tool so you can just drop the DB in the same folder as the TemplateLoader.exe file if Kodi is not installed on the computer.
    Works fine now!

Must be a quirk with my Win7 install...

Thanks for taking the time to alter it for me! (I guess no-one else has had this problem!)
    Last edited by tinybilbo; 10-04-2015 at 09:27 PM.

@Alucard this is great app, but I'm running raspberry pi 2 and OpenELEC, and I can't copy tv29.db with kodi off, but when I copied it to computer putting it both in kodi folder and same folder as koditemplate always says unable to load database. Windows computer is running Windows 10 if that's of importance.

not a member
    can you upload your DB and I will check it.

currently at work, and my team viewer can't see my laptop for some reason, but will upload as soon as I can, thanks a lot for all the effort.

@Alucard here is my database, let me know if you're able to open it.

Code:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqei3g868niuqt2/TV29.zip?dl=0

I reinstalled Kodi had some beta 15 ver. now with final 15.2 and it actually opens tv29.db that I copied from Raspberry Pi 2. So everything seems to be working, thanks a lot for the app its extremely useful tool.

Update: So I modified the list, made template but when I apply changes, it doesn't update tv29.db when I open it again it's the same unmodified version, and you can see while applying changes there's file tv29 - journal but the main tv29.db after applying stays unmodified (timestamp doesn't change)

not a member
    Quote Originally Posted by Puska View Post
    Update: So I modified the list, made template but when I apply changes, it doesn't update tv29.db when I open it again it's the same unmodified version, and you can see while applying changes there's file tv29 - journal but the main tv29.db after applying stays unmodified (timestamp doesn't change)
    If you do not get any errors, it is updating. If the tool could not apply the changes to the DB it would through an error.

If you do not get any errors, it is updating. If the tool could not apply the changes to the DB it would through an error.
    No tool isn't throwing any errors whatsoever, but that same tv29.db if I try to load it again it is my understanding should show changes for groups, renamed channels, like it is in template correct ? But for me it just loads same unmodified tv29.db. I tried copying it regardless but it doesn't show, and of course I did turn off all those sync options with backend.

I think I finally have this running good enough to share. This is a tool to create templates for all your channels and groups so you do not have to spend hours resetting your guide back to the way you had it because you had to reset your your guide data. This tool will only run on Windows. Their is a pdf that contains the instructions on how to use it. It also includes utilities to help reset MAC Addresses and First time Stalker Setup.

Some Features:
    Creates a group (My Channels) that contains all the channels you have enabled.
    All hidden channels also have epg disabled to prevent loading of EPG data that is not needed
    When loading template, it will let you know how many new channels have been added since last time the channels were updated.
    PPV are always added
    Channel Renaming
    Deleted channels are automatically removed from your groups
    Channel reordering, You can use back-end channel order or the order that you placed them in under My Channels

For Android devices, you will have to copy the TV database to the Windows machine so the database can be updated and then copied back. This is in the included instructions.

Just unzip the folder to the c:\ drive and run the exe in the folder. If updating extract the .exe file and overwrite the one you currently have.

2015-10-04: Ver. 1.1.1 release:
    Application now will look first in the Kodi Database folder for the TV289.db, then the template loader folder and if not found will ask for the folder location where the TV29.db can be found.

Mate you are a legend and your contribution with this Loader will go a long way in defining this service. Have been able to create my ideal channel list and works like clockwork. NFPS please take note!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast