Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    not a member

Kodi PVR Channel Template Loader

I think I finally have this running good enough to share. This is a tool to create templates for all your channels and groups so you do not have to spend hours resetting your guide back to the way you had it because you had to reset your your guide data. This tool will only run on Windows. Their is a pdf that contains the instructions on how to use it. It also includes utilities to help reset MAC Addresses and First time Stalker Setup.

Some Features:
    Creates a group (My Channels) that contains all the channels you have enabled.
    All hidden channels also have epg disabled to prevent loading of EPG data that is not needed
    When loading template, it will let you know how many new channels have been added since last time the channels were updated.
    PPV are always added
    Channel Renaming
    Deleted channels are automatically removed from your groups
    Channel reordering, You can use back-end channel order or the order that you placed them in under My Channels

For Android devices, you will have to copy the TV database to the Windows machine so the database can be updated and then copied back. This is in the included instructions.

Just unzip the folder to the c:\ drive and run the exe in the folder. If updating extract the .exe file and overwrite the one you currently have.

2015-10-04: Ver. 1.1.1 release:
    Application now will look first in the Kodi Database folder for the TV289.db, then the template loader folder and if not found will ask for the folder location where the TV29.db can be found.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Alucard; 10-04-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Probation
    Hi Alucard,

This looks great! only problem is that I want to use it for KodiBuntu,
    I tried following the android instructions by copying TV29.db to C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Databas e
    But no luck! Your app could not find the database...
    The only other thing that might interfere is that I'm running KODI nightlies (Isenguard).

Can this be made to work for me?

Many thanks

not a member
    If that version uses the TV29.db then it should work. What is the issue you are having?

Linux doesn't use the path your using,its like this on my Linux pc.
    /home/YOUR PC NAME/.kodi/userdata/Database

notice the .kodi,its a hidden folder(like appdata in windows) so u must select show hidden files,google it for the Linux distro you use.

not a member
    The application is a Windows app so you need to copy the TV29.db to a Windows machine and then back. Just like you would for an Android box but you use your path instead.

Probation
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbear199 View Post
    Linux doesn't use the path your using,its like this on my Linux pc.
    /home/YOUR PC NAME/.kodi/userdata/Database

notice the .kodi,its a hidden folder(like appdata in windows) so u must select show hidden files,google it for the Linux distro you use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    The application is a Windows app so you need to copy the TV29.db to a Windows machine and then back. Just like you would for an Android box but you use your path instead.
    Thanks guys for your replies...

I am aware of which .db file I need (TV29.db) and the location from which to retrieve it from the KodiBuntu install,
    and have in fact already FTP'ed from the linux machine to the (windows) path given in supplied readme.

I have copied TV29.db to C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Databas e

Capture.JPG

You can see from the snipped image that both the file and location are correct (I think!)

But when I run the app I get:

Capture2.JPG

The only other thing I can think of is that I don't actually have Kodi installed on my Win machine....

Any other thoughts?!!

Thanks

*Edit* eventually when I get this work I was hoping run this automatically (if possible) on the windows machine, and have the linux machine retreive it using rsync via a cronjob on the kodibuntu install after startup...
    Last edited by tinybilbo; 10-02-2015 at 06:17 PM.

Probation
    Thank you very much Alucard. This is the first time I can have my own custom channel group and it does not reset every time I run Kodi. I've done it for both Windows 10 and Nexus player and for some reason when I used the working tv29.db file on Nexus player, it did not like it. I ended up using the tv29.db file form the Nexus player, modified and now it works. So at least those two do not seem to be interchangeable even after deleting the epg10.db file.

Much appreciated!

not a member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybilbo View Post
    Thanks guys for your replies...

I am aware of which .db file I need (TV29.db) and the location from which to retrieve it from the KodiBuntu install,
    and have in fact already FTP'ed from the linux machine to the (windows) path given in supplied readme.

I have copied TV29.db to C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Databas e

Capture.JPG

You can see from the snipped image that both the file and location are correct (I think!)

But when I run the app I get:

Capture2.JPG

The only other thing I can think of is that I don't actually have Kodi installed on my Win machine....

Any other thoughts?!!

Thanks

*Edit* eventually when I get this work I was hoping run this automatically (if possible) on the windows machine, and have the linux machine retreive it using rsync via a cronjob on the kodibuntu install after startup...
    Can you post your tv29.db. Maybe it is different in linux but would not think so. I will see about have an option to select the db file if not found. I will work on that this weekend.

Probation
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    Can you post your tv29.db. Maybe it is different in linux but would not think so. I will see about have an option to select the db file if not found. I will work on that this weekend.
    Sure... here it is...

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id...157cf1ea3bc099

And thanks for taking the time to look into this.

My (uneducated) guess, is that the database has changed for Isenguard...
    It's certainly the case for the movie .db...
    I had to roll back to helix in order to export the library out manually, then upgrade to Isenguard and import manually to fix my library...

not a member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybilbo View Post
    Sure... here it is...

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id...157cf1ea3bc099

And thanks for taking the time to look into this.

My (uneducated) guess, is that the database has changed for Isenguard...
    It's certainly the case for the movie .db...
    I had to roll back to helix in order to export the library out manually, then upgrade to Isenguard and import manually to fix my library...
    I checked your file and I can open it with the tool. I updated the tool so you can just drop the DB in the same folder as the TemplateLoader.exe file if Kodi is not installed on the computer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast