Question Did they strictly lock Kodi to use 00:1A:78 MAC prefix?

Dara or anyone who knows answer please answer this question.

Did they strictly lock Kodi to use 00:1A:78 MAC prefix?

Fire From Within

I don't know for sure, but people who attempt to use the 79 prefix have trouble finding one that isn't already reserved. The stalker middleware does have the ability to use more than just a MAC to uniquely identify authorized devices, and the server people may have turned on that ability for the 79 prefix. That allows them to knock off those other users if someone with a picture of their MAC sends it into them if they have authentication issues. There is no such concern for those who use the 78 prefix, as you can change your linked mac at will. However, if you do use the 78 prefix, sending a serial number is essentially the same as those MAGS and Avovs sending their machine info, and so you'll be restricted to using the app that did send a serial number.

Short answer, Kodi could probably use the 79 prefix, and there are instructions on how you can use IPTV Stalker 1.0.18 to replicate other connections, but why bother if you have 16 million plus combinations of the 78 prefix.

I am asking because I have a mag 254 unit and have my donated account associated with its MAC. I was also using same MAC on my Samsung Phone running Kodi and it would work when I was not using my MAG box at home.
    Yesterday it stopped working but if I change the Prefix to 00:1A:78 it does work. This is annoying because now I have to keep switching between 78 and 79. Well, I guess I will just have to live with it. Thanks.

tux tux tux
    using kodi or the emu with :79 prefix fails by default. but I guess some are able to use it, or they haven't flushed everyone they could be 100% sure of as dara says there are ways that could lead to that.
    Last edited by tuxen; 09-27-2015 at 12:22 PM.

It definitely an issue with Stalker Client as I just tested using 79 on IPTV Stalker addon and it works.

TV Addicted
    KODI by default picks up the mac address of the device it is running in. The mac address for the AVOV devices is not their true mac address but a software produced mac address. You can verify this by checking your router to see the mac address logged into your router. So stalker can be reading both mac address for the KODI apps. I do not know if the Mag's are doing the same thing with their mac addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowteck View Post
    KODI by default picks up the mac address of the device it is running in. The mac address for the AVOV devices is not their true mac address but a software produced mac address. You can verify this by checking your router to see the mac address logged into your router. So stalker can be reading both mac address for the KODI apps. I do not know if the Mag's are doing the same thing with their mac addresses.
    ok.
    1. kodi does not use your devices mac for stalker client.. you have to enter one.. looking up in your router. blah blah blah.. is useless dont waste your time, its not looking for you actual mac its looking fo an emulated one made by the client alone..

2. you can enter whatever you want that is a valid mac adress and stalker will broadcast it when you connect.. the nefps server will only listen to those with a 00:1a:78 or 00:1a:79 prefix though.

3. in the event that someone accidentally or maliciously uses a 79 prefix and starts blocking a mag device user. the mag user merely sends the guys proof of mac (serlal/mac sticker on the device).. then they merely block the other IP addresss so they stop interfering with the legit owner of that mac.

long story short.. if your emulating, use a 78 prefix or risk being banned. using someone else mac is useless to you both, you will both be in an endless war of disconnecting eachother until your both blocked.
    Last edited by psycon; 10-02-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Junoir Member

79 or 78 prefix for stalker client

Sorry noob here, my donation is linked with a MAC that has a 79 prefix and for the life of me I cannot get Stalker Client to work (tried every tutorial and help guide out there). From the posts above am I right is say this might be because of my MAC address having the wrong prefix? A change to '78' might get stalker client to work?

-I would check myslef now but traveling for work at the moment no pc to hand-

Thanks

Update: Sorry I came across this thread looks like I need to change my MAC
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?6...A-78-now-works
    Last edited by 12irish12; 10-28-2015 at 12:13 PM. Reason: found answer