Baseball Legend..

Sad to learn of baseball legend, Yogi Berra, catcher for the Yankees, passing away on the 22d, RIP Yogi you were truly unique...
    Last edited by K00lKatT; 09-23-2015 at 02:49 PM.
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Fire From Within

• As a general comment on baseball: "90% of the game is half-mental."[3]
    • On why he no longer went to Ruggeri's, a St. Louis restaurant: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."[3]
    • "It ain't over till it's over." In July 1973, Berra's Mets trailed the Chicago Cubs by 9½ games in the National League East. The Mets rallied to win the division title on the final day of the season.[3]
    • When giving directions to Joe Garagiola to his New Jersey home, which was accessible by two routes: "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."[3]
    • At Yogi Berra Day at Sportsman Park in St. Louis: "Thank you for making this day necessary."[3]
    • "It's déjà vu all over again". Berra explained that this quote originated when he witnessed Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris repeatedly hit back-to-back home runs in the Yankees' seasons in the early 1960s.[3]
    • "You can observe a lot by watching."[3]
    • "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't go to yours."[3]

Thank you Yogi for your service during D-Day as a Gunners Mate in the Navy.

R.i.p..........
    I gather darkness to please me...