Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junoir Member

Leaving iks moving on to iptv but nervous of charter and charley letters. HELP please

I have learned this takes a lot of bandwidth. I have charter unlimited "I think" internet.
    If I download movies or such without a vpn active I get charter mail saying we will cut you off sue you and take your soul,
    well maybe not the soul part but you know.

If I use the iptv with of course charley and all the other hopefully wonderfull goodies, will I need to work behind a vpn to protect myself or anything like that?

I plan to test with a "NEWEST FULLY LOADED Matricom G-Box Q Quad/Octo CoreUHD 4K MX2 XBMC ANDROID TV" and if all works to my likeing will get another 5 boxes for my house. "yes I know alot but 4 kids in house and living room and bed room". Is this really alot better than iks??
    I am tired of running my yard over back and forth fixing my 100+ foot run of cables with all the dpp44 and disq 1.1 and the 4 lnb's and dishes, the mp2 to the mp4 change out, the reprogramming, ect., ect, ect, "it sux hard"and this iptv sounds like a wonderfull dream compared to the hell I've been dealing with.

PLease tell me the truth on what you all think of the iptv versus the iks, the good, the bad, and the ugly and will I need a vpn?

"This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

TV Addicted
    FORESAKEN001 well i remember them days up ladders in all kinds of rain the box your speaking of is a great box not when fully loaded a little advice while your testing you wont be sorry theres a banner on this sites main forum page goto that site look for a box on a reduced price iptvbox if your wanting to take the leap into iptv and its new to you just test with iptv kodi/xbmc are great places to get viewing of tvmovies,kids and so on but NFPS have been working on a upgrade of some kind and ive personally noticed alot of people are unable to view iptv now unless they pay, so by time your box comes i hope your switch is as smooth and fantastic like i know this service is and can be in the future. good luck FORESAKEN001 you wont be disapointed

Junoir Member

Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by crawlers1977 View Post
    FORESAKEN001 well i remember them days up ladders in all kinds of rain the box your speaking of is a great box not when fully loaded a little advice while your testing you wont be sorry theres a banner on this sites main forum page goto that site look for a box on a reduced price iptvbox if your wanting to take the leap into iptv and its new to you just test with iptv kodi/xbmc are great places to get viewing of tvmovies,kids and so on but NFPS have been working on a upgrade of some kind and ive personally noticed alot of people are unable to view iptv now unless they pay, so by time your box comes i hope your switch is as smooth and fantastic like i know this service is and can be in the future. good luck FORESAKEN001 you wont be disapointed
    Thank you for your thoughts and advice.
    It's nice to find informative and nice people such as yourself.
    I have been on some sites that I have even paid on that are so rude, they act like its a bother to them.
    I am glad to see there is still some nice people around.
    I like this site, I think I'll stick around for a long while.

Couldn't imagine the bandwidth you would use running 5 G Boxes at once, would your net provider not have a download speed cap on unlimited usage.

tux tux tux
    I recommend you try a single donation first (you need 5 for running 5 boxes at the same time), some users have trouble with their location/isp in relation to the server location, no need for major bad experience. also if you have a nosey isp (although its not their job at all) and live in country with crazy copyright laws a vpn might be a good idea. or a switch of isp depending on your experience if they are that nosey they might be cheap to and cap their users.

5 boxes wont require mega bandwidth, 10-15Mb should do it, if everybody is watching.
    Last edited by tuxen; 09-23-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Junoir Member
    Thanks for the info. got my 1st box comming. I hope things go better than the bad luck I had with isk

I highly recommend using a vpn service. It's by far the best way to keep your internet activities private and out of the prying eyes of your isp.

Heres a good vpn for download
    HTML Code:
    http://download.cnet.com/CyberGhost-VPN/3000-2144_4-75145993.html
    I gather darkness to please me...

TV Addicted
    I bought a VPN called PureVPN. This one works fine and was easy to set up on the AVOV vixo 2, but it will not work with the stalker middleware. Test the one you get to verify that it will pass the mac address.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast