Authorization Failed - IPTV Stalker

I thought I'd start a new thread for this with a better heading.

I made a donation yesterday via www.iptvprivateserver.

I have installed IPTV Stalker from metal kettle's repo onto ouya (Android Box) running Kodi. I have made up a MAC address starting 00:1A:78****** and added that to the Portal 1 NFPS heading, this is also linked to my donation.

I then click on NFPS which brings up the different categories;
    I then select Sports as an example;
    Then I try to open up any channel and I get an Authorization Failed Error.

I can't seem to find what I am doing wrong anywhere Appreciate it if someone could help.

Paul

If you installed IPTV Stalker from metalkettle's repo it's probably version 1.2.0 that you have installed, so the first thing to do is check & see if that's what you have. If it is this is the incorrect version to use now since paid donations have come into force. The correct version to use is now v9.0.19 : http://iptvtalk.net/attachment.php?a...8&d=1441246292 Install that & use the instructions under the heading Part 3: Configure IPTV Stalker from post #1 of this thread: http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?6...ll=1#post52448

Before you do that, uninstall v1.2.0 & then either disable the metalkettle repo (it's overwrriting/updating any other versions of IPTV Stalker that are subsequently installed resulting in you having v1.2.0 back again), or disable automatic updates in Kodi. Watch this video to see how to disable automatic updates. You can choose to be notified when updates are available or you can check any time to see if there are any
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0b4cBN--q8

Hi Eureka,

I had version 9.0.19 on my ouya previously, and had the same problem with that. I uninstalled that version and then installed metal kettle repo and installed IPTV stalker from there...The version is still 9.0.19, but still doesn't work.

I also downloaded both of those emulators as suggested on other thread and sideloaded it onto my ouya. Unfortunately it doesn't open. I don't know if this is again a problem with the ouya but I can't get them to work...It looks to load up, but then I just get a loading bar and it goes no further. But having said this, it doesn't explain why I have an issue with IPTV Stalker 9.0.19.

Ok, try this:
    Open Kodi, Underneath the main System heading choose File Manager, select Profile directory, addon_data, plugin.video.stalker and delete settings.xml

It would probably at this stage be a good idea to change your MAC address & link it to your donation.

Then configure your IPTV stalker settings again with the new MAC address etc.

Quote Originally Posted by eureka View Post
    Ok, try this:
    Open Kodi, Underneath the main System heading choose File Manager, select Profile directory, addon_data, plugin.video.stalker and delete settings.xml

It would probably at this stage be a good idea to change your MAC address & link it to your donation.

Then configure your IPTV stalker settings again with the new MAC address etc.

Awesome....Can't thank you enough!! That's worked...I actually found two folders for plugin.video.stalker....I just deleted all these folders and re-installed it, and now all seems to be great. Even appears to be working with iVue Tv Guide.

This seriously is money well spent now .

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paulson01 View Post

Awesome....Can't thank you enough!! That's worked...I actually found two folders for plugin.video.stalker....I just deleted all these folders and re-installed it, and now all seems to be great. Even appears to be working with iVue Tv Guide.

This seriously is money well spent now .

Paul
    Great, glad you got it sorted out!

not a member
    Just to clarify, it does not matter if you use Stalker 1.2.0. There is nothing wrong with it. The issue is that people do not configure it correctly and that is where the issue lies. By default, ver 1.2.0 has the Send Serial Number checked which causes issues if your trying to use multiple Stalker Clients or try to use the same MAC on multiple clients. Version 9.0.19 has been modified to make it more compatible with iVue so you don't have to deal with all the auth issues and MAC Changes in iVue. It also removed the Send Serial Number option. As long as your plan is to use this client with NFPS only then you should have no problem, however if you plan to use this client with other Stalker Middle Ware servers, then it may not work.