Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AVOV TVonline+

tux tux tux
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 2.0 View Post
    Avovs use an app named TVOnline. That app connects to IPTV services (NFPS/Rocket, etc..)
    This particular Avov model (AVOV TVOnline and TVOnline Plus models), have that app embedded into Avov system, so it doesn't even need to be installed, it's already there, just have to access it.
    The other Avov receivers would need to install the TVOnline app and they find it onboard in the Channel Store on these Avovs (MIckey Market).
    All Avov models have the Channel Store, the difference that the TVONline models have is that the TVOnline app is embedded, already working in the Online models (hence the name of the model).
    All models, except their first vixo1, have Kodi in their Channel Store as well, and we know what Kodi can do

Can't side load, no.
    really no one hacked shhh this little fella to allow for it. I know I have kodi and everything.. its not so much about that. none of the apps/games on my box comes from a store. I know it call me odd.

edit: just forget it right.. of cause nobody figured out a way, it just came out lol I surpass myself sometimes
    let me try again ..no avov android box ever been modified/allowed sideloading?
    Last edited by tuxen; 11-27-2015 at 05:22 AM.
    “there is nothing wrong with being insane, as long as you know it yourself.”

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    actually tuxen, someone did find a way, but it was in the end not a viable workaround.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxen View Post
    is tvonline part of what I see in the picture that looks like a modern mag menu?
    avovs share same middleware as Mag, yes
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

avov pays licensing fees to infomir for using their middleware, some of their models also have their new Nova middleware...
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

tux tux tux
    yeah I read about the nova middleware it supports.
    but from what I read on infomir licensing is free its opensource, otherwise the stalker clients/mag emulator would be illegal.

edit: researching more (things bite to me) there is likely hardware licensing involved yeah. and they very likely partner with them, to what extent I dont know though, but there is probably money involved for making the client integration so good/easy/familiar.

reminds me of the famous quote by Alvin Toffler
    “The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." heh
    Last edited by tuxen; 11-27-2015 at 10:33 PM.

middleware is used by the backend, the provider. The hardware/firmware of the infomir box is proprietary, therefore the need for the licensing fees. I was told this by the avov tech here before A-team and I have no reason to doubt him. One of the reasons for the first three octets of the mac for infomir and avov's being identical.
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

tux tux tux
    exactly what I found out in my edit, hence the 3 octets'. and of cause if the firmware has infomir written propriety software they need to pay for that too.
    very well by licensing and not partnership. as it would make more sense to them and things easier. dont know what I was thinking of these devices are obviously very close in some important points.. but hey I never even seen a avov, oh well pictures of them lol.
    I stand corrected as per the quote. I have no reason to doubt you either.
    Last edited by tuxen; 11-27-2015 at 11:18 PM.

Probation

tv online+ help

I have the Avov tv online+ and for some reason it keeps prompting me to input the username and password for the server every time i turn off and on the box. It used to not do that at all. Is there an update im missing? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Go to credentials and enter them.

a box even pops up and shows you

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast