Page 228 of 265 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2641
    Rocket Recovery Technician
    For sure Crazed, 4me is one of the old friends we all need to hear from, You take care there brother, you have a job that is hard without the additional worries and being protected is an absolute must. I was a screwup in the Army and had Battalion cleanup a lot of times. It is a job that I didn't mind but took a long time. No time to sleep that night. The first steady not for myself job I had was an EMT1 at a county hospital. I had to work Quarantine for all kinds of things So I know the routine, hot, stuffy and layered gloves, suits, booties, mask, face shield and bonnet. Wishing you well, and I'd say some of us are here more than others but we all love all our buds here and feel like they are family. Smooth trips and no dips my friends.

me i just sit at home and it was grocery store that had about everything i needed still out yeast and baking soda which i need now tomorrow will go at 6am there letting the old farts like me in first for hr sofar no one i know is sick and winco thats doing that and many other stores too
    Last edited by Marley; 03-24-2020 at 12:13 AM.

March 23 2020

knowledge is power , power corrupts all .

Pinball Wizard
    Good morning Talkers, expecting some rain and wind today. I truly find that during difficult times listening to music seems to help a little, I have Crosby, Stills & Nash and some great oldies but goodies playing in the house and might make some Cannabis infused honey today for my tea but have to check how much AVF (already vaped flower) i have. Have a safe and quiet Tuesday!

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Stay Safe Everyone... Can't get any Masks anywhere... Remember being a Kid and Playing Cop and Robber...! Yep, Bandanas will Help...!

Bananas will also but are kinda hard to get back out of Your Nostrils...!

One can use Alligator Clips, Pull Chain and Paper Clips with a Hanky...!

If One wears Glasses a Mask can bee easy to make...!

Coffee Filters and Paper Clips will werk also... Open the Clip and Position it in the Filter so One can Re-Bend the Clip to fit over the Bridge of the Nose and the Filter will hang down over the Nose, Mouth and Chin...!

Know any peeps who run body shops? The masks they recommend are for paint not based on a volatile solvent. The thing is not to touch the nose or mouth. Coughs and sneezes are superfine particles. If I were out with no mask and gloves and someone sneezed, I would hold my breath till I got at least ten feet from them and wipe my face with the inside of my undershirt and hold my head down if I didn't carry a disinfectant wipe in my pocket. I try to keep a few wipes like Monk did, and wipe anytime I think there is a chance of contamination. Stay safe my friends. Maybe the idiots who wont follow the instructions won't make the rest of us sick. When this is all over we need to have a REAL discussion in this country about PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Seems one side wants there to be none. It is time to bring down their house and save ours. Great luck and good health my friends.

Moderator at Work
    Discussions about personal responsibility are becoming quite common now days as news of the effect that Covid19 is getting closer to home.
    My wife and daughter went shopping at the local supermarket chain and first thing they were handed a pair of thin gloves to wear then the checkout counter a plexiglass barrier with just small payment window just little protection for the staff, then today I received two calls from the hospital with questions about my health and if I had traveled abroad recently and they would only allow the patient with one helper in, previously anyone could go in get some timmie refreshment and stay long as they wanted, lots of plexiglss installed they say, do hear of a lot of health care workers contracting covid19.

Yeah it is strange the way things are going around here though. There are no (DETECTED) cases in this or neighboring counties BUT there are no testing facilities within 40 miles either, so even though the restaurants are drive through only, and the stores are on short hours there is no precaution like you have there, theuduk, it seems like some type of "good enough" arrogance has hold of some people, and others say "use everything". Too much is better than not enough EVERYTIME when you deal with an infectious disease. Glad to hear you are being protected. Some countries never learn to deal with something like this. I think the US will be the major epicenter for the fight just because of the younger peoples lackadaisical attitude and arrogance. I know the procedure for quarantine and it hasn't caught on yet. I cared for some people when I was an EMT that were double doored. There were two stations and two scrub-downs, took 30 minutes to get in and 45 to get out. Mask, suit, booties, face shield, long cuff surgical gloves covered with another pair of sterile gloves. Sprayed with Amphil all over (stuff was rough you had to hold your breath)then out to the take it off room, and leave the last gloves and booties on till opening the door then take them off drop in trash can. Outside room after door shut wash everything good another Amphil on shoe bottoms, alcohol wash and lotion pack, wash face area with sterile cloth dial soap and alcohol little lotion and out and about. We all need to learn some things. I saw a video from one of the testing kiosks, and it was a person using the same suit changing cheap gloves and a surgical mask with no barrier between them and the patient they were testing. They were using an igloo cooler to store things. Oh well I'm trying to keep well, staying home as much as possible and washing everything ten times. Hope you all make it without even a sneeze.

Pinball Wizard
    Good morning Talkers, sunny and hot is todays forecast, its a good time to try new cooking new recipes if you can find the ingredients. Have a safe day everyone!!

Good day all, stay safe and have a good day
    Two of the greatest qualities
    to have in live are:

PATIENCE
    and
    WISDOM

Page 228 of 265 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast