Register
Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 11-06-2020 at 12:39 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Best Space and Celestial Images of 2015

Code:
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/best-space-and-celestial-images-of-2015/ss-AAgfCPp

A Giant Asteroid Will Fly Past Earth On Christmas Eve

Code:
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/a-giant-asteroid-will-fly-past-earth-on-christmas-eve/ar-BBny8VZ?li=BBnb7Kz

Fire From Within

SpaceX Falcon 9 landing

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_KAfr_xf_k
    Pretty awesome!

Excellent......
    I gather darkness to please me...

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    thnx dara
    Since posting this I went a looking at some it's history. Some pretty cool stuff.
    This unmaned rocket delivered some stuff to space station including the Dragon, which i don't know what that is , but also took food and experiments to astronauts.

It also carried an expresso machine up to the space station.
    They dubed this the expreso-rocket
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Giant comets may threaten Earth: astronomers

Code:
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/giant-comets-may-threaten-earth-astronomers/ar-BBnOYTi?li=BBnbfcL
    oh oh

Mercury Rising: Elusive Planet Makes Appearance This Week

This week is your last chance this year to spot the elusive planet Mercury in the evening twilight sky.

Because Mercury never strays far from the sun, skywatchers get only a few chances each year to see the planet. This week marks one of its brief appearances. The very best viewing will be on Dec. 28, but the planet can be seen by skywatchers in the northern hemisphere a few days before and a few days after.

Not all appearances of Mercury are equal. The view of Mercury from Earth is very sensitive to the angle the inner planet's orbit makes with the local horizon. For this reason, a good apparition in the Northern Hemisphere usually means a poor one in the Southern Hemisphere. This week, Mercury is well-placed for northerners, but poor for those south of the equator.

In a few weeks, the situation will be reversed, and Mercury will be on the other side of the sun, well-placed in the morning sky for southerners, but poorly located for northerners.

I find it easiest to spot Mercury about half an hour after sunset, or half an hour before sunrise in the morning sky. Any earlier, and the sunlit sky swamps out the planet's dim light; any later, and it is lost in the trees on the horizon.

Mercury will be farthest from the sun on Monday, Dec. 28, but can be seen a few days before and after that date. I usually use binoculars to first spot the planet, sweeping back and forth parallel to the horizon to the left of the sunset point. Once located in binoculars, Mercury is usually quite easy to see with the naked eye.

Unless you are an early riser, this will probably the first time you've seen a planet in some months. Most of the planets have been on the far side of the sun recently, and are just moving into the morning sky. Jupiter is now rising around 11 p.m. local time, but the other bright planets aren't visible until early morning.

Mercury is usually a disappointing sight in a telescope: a tiny "half moon." However, it is an accomplishment just to have seen it. Many astronomers, including Johannes Kepler, have never managed this feat.

space.com

would really like to see this but view to the SW is nothing but large hardwood trees...will be awaiting your pics...
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Quote Originally Posted by K00lKatT View Post
    would really like to see this but view to the SW is nothing but large hardwood trees...will be awaiting your pics...
    Me too, been raining for a week and more tomorrow.Flooding pretty bad here.
    I'll find some pics and post them though.

Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast